Hate to do this, but Favre anyone?

walzav29

1 year deal?

He knows the West Coast offense, and it gives Dalton a little time to develope. If Dalton had all the mini-camps etc. I'd say start him, but it's going to be too much for this young offense. The problem I see with it is the way to take out Favre is to try and kill him. Baltimore and Pittsburgh are very good at that. If I look at the options at signing a veteran. These names make me sick

Billy Volek

Jeff Garcia

Bruce Gradkowski

Matt Moore

Matt Leinart

I'd take Marc Bulger. What are your thought? Would anyone want to deal with the Favre circus? I think the defense is going to be great, and with a running game to go along with Chad, Simpson, Greshem, Shipley, and AJ Green. Seems like alot of weapons.

Well, I'm in the "start Dalton" camp so I would say no to Favre.

But if you're in the "sign and start a vet QB" camp, and if Favre really is interested in a 5th unretirement, then I think you at least have to kick his tires. He has shown that he can go from one team to another and still have success, which is more than guys like McNabb or Gradkowski, both of whose names have been bandied about as potential Bengal hires, can say.

Sign Favre for league minimum, then use him in camp as the QB while our linebackers practice blitz packages. Film it all as Favre gets repeatedly crushed, then put the whole thing up on the Bengals website on a pay per view basis.

Mike makes a load of cash, Favre gets permanently crippled which is apparently what he wants, and and our defense gets used to tearing someone apart.

Walzav, you're a good man but I hate you so much right now.

Look gentleman. We need to come up with a consensus. I hate rebuilding years. I like to have hope at least for a moment in a season. Dalton is my guy, but learning while missing all of the minicamps and a new offense is being installed? Seems difficult. Jordan Palmer sucks. Carson is dead to me. I'm open to suggestions.

I hate rebuilding years..

And you are still a Bengals fan ??

I've learned to embrace rebuilding years.

They are usually the ones that hold the most promise at the beginning of a season.

You know I was thinking about that earlier when there was some talk of the reasons to give up season tickets. I gave them up. Apparently others(the ones I listened to on sports talk)are still holding "in case what if we miss something great?". My answer is miss what? Since 2005 when I got my tickets I have seen a division championship, a sink to mediocrity, a further sink to crapiness, a rise to a AFCN title, then back to crap again. Tell me again, what am I missing? I've seen it all!

This team will do nothing more in the next 6 years than I have already seen them do in the past 6 years at PBS. Nothing I can't see from my couch...with a remote....so I can change the channel if need be.

Rebuilding year? Bengal fans created that term. Should be used to it.

Count me in with starting Dalton! Get the ground game going, take the pressure off of Dalton.

O-line needs to get back to the 09 style of physical game play, time to pound the ball again

Who knows maybe if they back to running the ball again, it will get the defense back in the top 10 again :sure:

I dont see much success for this year as it is, so give Dalton the reps, but get back to pounding the ball to help Dalton out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1 year deal?

He knows the West Coast offense, and it gives Dalton a little time to develope. If Dalton had all the mini-camps etc. I'd say start him, but it's going to be too much for this young offense. The problem I see with it is the way to take out Favre is to try and kill him. Baltimore and Pittsburgh are very good at that. If I look at the options at signing a veteran. These names make me sick

Billy Volek

Jeff Garcia

Bruce Gradkowski

Matt Moore

Matt Leinart

I'd take Marc Bulger. What are your thought? Would anyone want to deal with the Favre circus? I think the defense is going to be great, and with a running game to go along with Chad, Simpson, Greshem, Shipley, and AJ Green. Seems like alot of weapons.

Are you off your meds???

Favre?? WTF.

It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Walzav, you're a good man but I hate you so much right now.

Look gentleman. We need to come up with a consensus. I hate rebuilding years. I like to have hope at least for a moment in a season. Dalton is my guy, but learning while missing all of the minicamps and a new offense is being installed? Seems difficult. Jordan Palmer sucks. Carson is dead to me. I'm open to suggestions.

If you really want to do this. Really. Then, here is your name for the role you are seeking:

Mark Brunnel

There I said it.

I hope Dalton is ready. I really do. I am going to the game next Friday, and I can't wait. If he isn't ready, and they are going to sit him be design. I would rather see Brett Favre than Bruce Gradkowski. They won't sign Favre, so it's not an issue. Favre for just the 2011 season would make for a fun season. Remember. I'm saying if Dalton isn't ready. Now crucify me gentleman.

• 2 weeks later...