3rd Round: Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada

ArmyBengal

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like it unless they plan to play him as a passing downs DE

If you want a freakin OLB, draft a guy who has played the freakin position

Especially in the early rounds. Pick up projects 6 and later.

Please

Maybe they simply wanted End to come in on 3rd downs? Ohwell I still don't mind it but really we need to look at Oline in Free Agency...I don't trust Alexander with 4th rounders...

Well we all saw how David Pollack's transistion went.

This is a "eh" pick.

Breaking his neck + Holdout bad player to compare too.

I hope this kid succeeds, but we need a center and guards.

Still Free Agency...I'd say Guards then a center I could live with Cook but Livings needs be replaced and need a future replacement for bobbie...

Well we all saw how David Pollack's transistion went.

This is a "eh" pick.

Well Pollack was starting to become a Dunlap-like star if not for getting hurt.

Yup and were getting a Project guy in the 3rd vs 1st sounds like a good idea to me...

"Our vision is for him to start out as a special teams guy and use him as a third-down rusher where we can move him around and use him in drop situations with the hope he'll become a future linebacker

Sounds fine by me...

This is such an important draft where you need to get at least 3 starters and I just don't like this pick in general. I dont like our coaches ability to develop players because they often fail miserably. Martez Wilson would have been the prefered choice just because he could play right away.

I like Moch, and hey if he can play ST that is good.

This is such an important draft where you need to get at least 3 starters and I just don't like this pick in general. I dont like our coaches ability to develop players because they often fail miserably. Martez Wilson would have been the prefered choice just because he could play right away.

I like Moch, and hey if he can play ST that is good.

Is Martez Wilson really better than Jones/Rivers/Rey/Muck?

I feel ok that Moch has the chance to be better than all of them.

How very Jersey Shore-esque of you Hair

I don't mean to criticize but maybe you could take things down a notch. I'm looking at your post and visually it's about 40% Jersey Shore, 35% CarrotTop, 15% Pimp text, and 10% blank page. Perhaps you could achieve better balance by toning down the over-the-top stuff OR by increasing the amount of blank page.

How very Jersey Shore-esque of you Hair

I don't mean to criticize but maybe you could take things down a notch. I'm looking at your post and visually it's about 40% Jersey Shore, 35% CarrotTop, 15% Pimp text, and 10% blank page. Perhaps you could achieve better balance by toning down the over-the-top stuff OR by increasing the amount of blank page.

Hair 1 Pimp 0

Late to the party.

I like the Moch pick. Heck, he could play some rush end, monster LB and even be a terror in coverages. Also give them a real warrior for ST.

If anything, them targeting a speed freak tells me they recognize the need to improve speed at LB.... That's right, I'm looking at you Dhani.

Late to the party.

I like the Moch pick. Heck, he could play some rush end, monster LB and even be a terror in coverages. Also give them a real warrior for ST.

I think some are making too much about Moch being a project. He's a productive player, a multi-year starter, and FWIW I thought he stood out thoughout the entire months long draft evaluation grind, from day one of Senior Bowl practices to the combine.*

* Mike Mayock and Charles Davis gushingly mispronounced his last name for months. :blink:

I'm really loving this guy's demeanor. Seems thrilled to be a part of the organization and despite all his success in college, is hungry as hell to prove what he's got. Great guy to have on your team.

I don't understand how anyone could have a problem with this pick. He is a project, but does it matter right now? He'll have time to develop seeing that we probably won't be doing much this year with a starting rookie QB and WR anyway.

I'd also like to add that we finally got a player on defense that brings some swag to the table!

WHO DEY!!! :bengal: