Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

i am all for trading palmer. it seems pretty clear that the hawks are going to want him. we still have to play the hawks. so why would brown trade palmer in time to face the bengals.

Because our D would get at least two pick sixes? Trade him now, Mikey! :lol:

Indeed,He hasn't played football in over a year he hasn't practiced with a team for very long time I just can't see him lighting us up after being with Seahawks for 3-4 Days,Though the only way I'd say trade him is if it's for First next year and a chance at more/better picks...Otherwise we may as well wait until Free agency

I really hope Mike Brown doesn't trade Carson before the deadline.....He won't get sh*t for him....That F*cknut Brown needs to let people know Carson is available, let other interested teams make offers and try to get a better pick. If this F*ck keeps saying he's not trading Carson, who the hell is gonna make a fair offer? Or an offer at all?

Wait until the offseason, before the draft, then spread word that they're willing to entertain offers for him......

Jason Cambell down for the Raiders,Maybe Hue can talk marvin in to making Palmer a raider.

There's NO WAY MB trades Palmer to a team that could be competing with the Bengals for a playoff spot. If Palmer isn't going to be traded to an NFC team why would he be traded to an AFC team?

Per Cole, the Raiders are really hot for Carson. If I'm Brown I have to at least have a conversation, because desperate teams might give up more...

/>http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ag_Wu11R0axzcI0CNitgA05DubYF?slug=jc-cole_winners_losers_jason_campbell_carson_palmer_101611

Per Cole, the Raiders are really hot for Carson. If I'm Brown I have to at least have a conversation, because desperate teams might give up more...

/>http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ag_Wu11R0axzcI0CNitgA05DubYF?slug=jc-cole_winners_losers_jason_campbell_carson_palmer_101611

Sure. But are they going to give up their 1st round pick? They don't have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th next year.

I doubt they're willing to give up their only good pick next year... and even if they are that still doesn't help Cincinnati this season. It's a real longshot.

Sure. But are they going to give up their 1st round pick? They don't have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th next year.

I doubt they're willing to give up their only good pick next year... and even if they are that still doesn't help Cincinnati this season. It's a real longshot.

Not only that, but it's a scenario that strengthens Oakland and does nothing for Cincinnati. Potentially helping Oakland keep Cincinnati out of the playoffs. The Bengals would be better holding out in the offseason. I still think they can get good compensation, maybe a #1 pick, from a team such as Seattle or Arizona. Let them get in a NFCW bidding war. Keep Palmer in the NFC.

Not only that, but it's a scenario that strengthens Oakland and does nothing for Cincinnati. Potentially helping Oakland keep Cincinnati out of the playoffs. The Bengals would be better holding out in the offseason. I still think they can get good compensation, maybe a #1 pick, from a team such as Seattle or Arizona. Let them get in a NFCW bidding war. Keep Palmer in the NFC.

It would have to be more than just a 2011 1st rounder for Brown to budge. He can wait until after the season and let a team in dire situation for a QB, with a worse record and thus a higher draft pick, make him an offer. If the Raiders offer up a 2013 draft pick only then it makes even less sense for Brown to budge. Only way I would do it, is if the Raiders gave a 2011 1st rounder AND a conditional draft pick in 2013 that could possibly be a 2nd round pick based on Palmer's performance and a 5th rounder at worst.

Yes, it is. But if I'm Mike I at least have the conversation, if only to throw out some crazy price like five first-round picks just to see if they bite.

Did Lewis just take a shot at Palmer? (per his twitter, Reedy thinks so.)

Oct. 17, 2011 1:30 p.m. - by Paul Dehner Jr. - Lewis blasts mystery critic

In the mystery of the day, Marvin Lewis, when asked for a message to give to the fans, directed a cryptic shot at an unspecified person. "Someone has done a very good job driving them away from here,” Lewis said. “And he’s been very wrong." Could it be QB Carson Palmer? A local or national writer? Asked to clarify, Lewis declined. Bengals RapidReports

7 minutes ago - by Paul Dehner Jr. - Lewis scales back on critical comment

Marvin Lewis said in his press conference that somebody had "done a very good job of driving (fans) away from here." Rather than specify who he was talking about, Lewis decided later Monday to give a half apology. "What will bring our fans back is winning, and I shouldn’t be thinking out loud like that," Lewis said. Bengals RapidReports

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/CIN

And stuff continues to dribble out. Here's Joe Reedy today. He's talking about how Carson could only go to Oakland if he redid his deal because he'd push the Raiders over the cap.

@sixxfan26 @TheBengalThing Only if CP and Dunn agree to a renegotiated deal, and last year they weren't ready to do that.

Last year they weren't ready to do that. So, I guess that report that they tried to get Palmer to take a pay cut last year was true.

I doubt anything comes of this due to SoaG's incompetence with any field-related matter, but with the Raiders contending for their division championship and a desperate need at QB, this might be the very best time to get top value in trade for Carson

I would think Carson too would be highly motivated to help make this deal happen with necessary contract maneuvering and whatnot - the Raiders are like his family based in CA, and they have a winning record at the moment. I don't know if the Hue Jackson connection is a positive or a negative, though.

The Raiders could help manage their net salary cap hit by including a higher salaried player in the trade, and this would also ease the hit on their meager set of upcoming draft picks. I don't know enough about their roster to say what player(s) that might be, but hopefully (from a pro-bengal perspective) it'd include one or more relatively young starters (current or soon-to-be) at CB, S, RB, and/or OL.

I doubt anything comes of this due to SoaG's incompetence with any field-related matter, but with the Raiders contending for their division championship and a desperate need at QB, this might be the very best time to get top value in trade for Carson

I would think Carson too would be highly motivated to help make this deal happen with necessary contract maneuvering and whatnot - the Raiders are like his family based in CA, and they have a winning record at the moment. I don't know if the Hue Jackson connection is a positive or a negative, though.

The Raiders could help manage their net salary cap hit by including a higher salaried player in the trade, and this would also ease the hit on their meager set of upcoming draft picks. I don't know enough about their roster to say what player(s) that might be, but hopefully (from a pro-bengal perspective) it'd include one or more relatively young starters (current or soon-to-be) at CB, S, RB, and/or OL.

The Bengals could use a LB so they could trade for Thomas Howard...

Oh yeah we already got him. Out of all their team I would prefer S. Wisniewski at LG. :whistling:

Did Lewis just take a shot at Palmer? (per his twitter, Reedy thinks so.)

Oct. 17, 2011 1:30 p.m. - by Paul Dehner Jr. - Lewis blasts mystery critic

In the mystery of the day, Marvin Lewis, when asked for a message to give to the fans, directed a cryptic shot at an unspecified person. "Someone has done a very good job driving them away from here,” Lewis said. “And he’s been very wrong." Could it be QB Carson Palmer? A local or national writer? Asked to clarify, Lewis declined. Bengals RapidReports

7 minutes ago - by Paul Dehner Jr. - Lewis scales back on critical comment

Marvin Lewis said in his press conference that somebody had "done a very good job of driving (fans) away from here." Rather than specify who he was talking about, Lewis decided later Monday to give a half apology. "What will bring our fans back is winning, and I shouldn’t be thinking out loud like that," Lewis said. Bengals RapidReports

http://www.cbssports...eports/team/CIN

He was talking about Mike Brown :P

FWIW

@AdamSchefter @joereedy Siruis Sat just said that Raiders and Bengals still in talks and Raiders are gaining ground.. Truth?

I doubt any of this is true. Mike said he wasn't trading him, and that's likely where it will sit until the spring.

As do I. Mike simply isn't done with his lesson to Carson, plus if a trade with him did happen, I doubt it would be to another AFC team.

This is frustrating. They will never do better than a desperate Raider team. Especially at the time of the draft, because of the rookie QB's. Raiders are desperate. We could fleece them. They are notorius for giving more than they should. I say a 2012 2nd rounder and Michael Bush.

This is frustrating. They will never do better than a desperate Raider team. Especially at the time of the draft, because of the rookie QB's. Raiders are desperate. We could fleece them. They are notorius for giving more than they should. I say a 2012 2nd rounder and Michael Bush.

The Raiders do not have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick in 2012. I doubt they give up their number 1. This deal isn't happening.

Maybe Oakland would be willing to give us a good safety

STOP RIGHT THERE.....You know how hard I lobbied for Michael Huff this offseason? Changed my Sig and everything....i can't go through that again....

just to fan the flames: Raiders signed Ndukwe this morning even though it's not obvious that they needed a safety

/>http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/10/18/former-bengals-safety-says-he-has-signed-with-raiders/

Prisco gives Carson a big Nelson-from-the-Simpsons HA-HA:

Carson Palmer, you missed out.

You missed a chance to be the starting quarterback on a team that has a lot of good young talent, guys you could have helped mold into a good football team.

I know you grew tired of hearing Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco in your ear all the time crying like cats in heat, and the Bengals haven't exactly been a model of NFL success, but the group that is in place now seems to be building to something.

Your stubbornness, your selfishness and your refusal to play for the Bengals has you sitting at home in California.

Those young players, the guys who should be your young teammates, are 4-2 with a rookie quarterback.

How's that working out for you, Carson?

The Cincinnati Bengals, thanks to their 27-17 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday, are now 4-2 and one of the surprise teams in the NFL. Their four victories match exactly what they had in all of 2010.

They're doing it with a rookie quarterback in Andy Dalton and the NFL's top-rated defense. Dalton was 25 of 32 for 264 yards and a touchdown against the Colts. The defense sealed the victory when it forced a fumble by Pierre Garcon that Carlos Dunlap returned 35 yards for a touchdown with 2:22 left in the game to ice it.

I know the four teams the Bengals have defeated have a combined 7-12 record, but they did beat the 4-2 Bills. A look at their schedule the rest of the way shows a not-so-imposing road.

They play at Seattle next week, have road games at Tennessee and St. Louis and have home games against Arizona and Cleveland. Of course, they still have to play the Ravens and Steelers, the two top teams in the division, twice each.

As Dalton grows in confidence, and those young defensive players continue to improve, the Bengals should get better and better, which is why I give them an A here atop our CBSSports.com Grades, not for the week but for the season.

Hope you're enjoying your time off, Carson. You might want to pay attention to that new movie coming out where time is a currency.

You're losing a lot of valuable currency sitting at home wasting a season on the sidelines.