CONFIRMED: Brat Fired

membengal

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep im hearing that Jay Gruden will be the next OC here. HMMMM i wonder, really dont know much about him i just hope he is better then Brat. I wonder what kind of offense he runs??

I do know he has one thing in common with Brat. Just google "Jay Gruden dui"...

Im sill hopeful that Paul Chyst is in the mix (OC from Wisconsin), i think he would bring a toughness to this team. Thats what this offense needs a tough minded coach someone who will apply disapline!!! Marvin wants to run the ball more, i think Chyrst would be the guy, plus maybe he get this o-line to maul people again.

Yep im hearing that Jay Gruden will be the next OC here. HMMMM i wonder, really dont know much about him i just hope he is better then Brat. I wonder what kind of offense he runs??

I hope he has his brother's fiery personality. Also interesting that he is from the Tuskers coaching tree along with Chucky B.

I hope he has his brother's fiery personality. Also interesting that he is from the Tuskers coaching tree along with Chucky B.

Jon Gruden runs a complex west-coast offense. I can recall NFL films segments of Gruden at Oakland and TB where he is mike'd up and making his calls. The offensive scheme, codes and calls sounded insanely complex and technical.

Now, not saying JAY Gruden would have the same offense but if I had to bet, they might have a similar style.

Brat speaks:

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Palmer-assures-Brat-hes-not-the-reason/046ad9e0-a8ab-49a3-9470-f213a7533d4a

Says Palmer called him & told him he didn't ask for him to be fired.

Also pissed he got canned so late and all the potential other jobs are filled. Can't blame him there.

Jon Gruden runs a complex west-coast offense. I can recall NFL films segments of Gruden at Oakland and TB where he is mike'd up and making his calls. The offensive scheme, codes and calls sounded insanely complex and technical.

Now, not saying JAY Gruden would have the same offense but if I had to bet, they might have a similar style.

FWIW I took a look at the Tuskers' stats for 09 and 10 and they were roughly 55% pass / 45% run.

Brat speaks:

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Palmer-assures-Brat-hes-not-the-reason/046ad9e0-a8ab-49a3-9470-f213a7533d4a

Also pissed he got canned so late and all the potential other jobs are filled. Can't blame him there.

I love the "they don't have a right to be cruel" - Sorry, being an azzhole is not against the law. You deserved whatever heat you got. You earned it.

Brat, just put these rose colored glasses on as you scour the classified pages...

41RnJ21+vIL._SL500_.jpg

Brat speaks:

Can they just please realize that Carson does not want to play with the Bengals anymore!!!!!

Brat speaks:

http://www.bengals.c...70-f213a7533d4a

I can't really blame him either. This scenario was almost as kooky as the Miami owner courting Jim Harbaugh in plain view of Tony Sparano. While this won't get the attention of a head coaching job it was a s**tty way of going about it. In the end I am glad there was a change but in hindsight this could have been handled much better (again).

I love the "they don't have a right to be cruel" - Sorry, being an azzhole is not against the law. You deserved whatever heat you got. You earned it.

I'm only guessing that he was referring to his family. I know a guy who's kids went to school with Breshnehan's daughter when he was here and he said the other kids could be pretty ruthless and mean to her at times.

After the Bengals won the '05 North, they jumped to an 8-5 start in '06, but missed the playoffs by a game when they lost the last three. The Bengals outgained Denver by 56 yards and had six more first downs, but lost on four turnovers and a blown extra point in the last minute. A missed 39-yard field goal at the gun the next week that would win the finale and secure the playoffs hurt deeply. "That would have been the second straight year to the playoffs," he said. "And we lost them like we did. That seemed to take a lot of steam out of us."

One possible landing spot for Bratkowski? Reports says Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, his best friend in the game, is a candidate for the Titans head coaching job.

I think this was talked about before in a thread about Shane Graham but imagine how different things might have been had they won one of those three games at the end of the '06 seasons.

:sadwalk:

I agree that fans shouldn't be cruel, but we just wanted the guy fired. I didn't wish death on him. I may have on Mike Brown. If you put a red button in front of me and if I pressed it Mike Brown would die. I wouldn't press it. There is just alot of frustration.

Understand. Would you press it if it only meant a minor stroke which removed him from the front office?

I agree that fans shouldn't be cruel, but we just wanted the guy fired. I didn't wish death on him. I may have on Mike Brown. If you put a red button in front of me and if I pressed it Mike Brown would die. I wouldn't press it. There is just alot of frustration.

Understand. Would you press it if it only meant a minor stroke which removed him from the front office?

Yes, I 100% agree regarding kids and having it spill over into a personal matter. What I naturally connected from the way the story was written harkens back to the fan who wore the "Fire Bratkowski" t-shirt.

Of course, Brat could be referencing any sort of serious issue, and I made light of that. I am ignorant of any times when a proverbial line was crossed, as all i have to go by is was is in the media or discussed here, and none of it qualifies as "cruel" in my book.

Chad again....

http://cincinnati.co...kowskis-firing/

Despite over the past month saying that he could see himself playing for the Patriots, Raiders or Jets, Ochocinco still sees himself in Cincinnati for an 11th season even if a lot of people don't see that happening. As for whether or not Carson Palmer will also be a Bengal, Ochocinco said a lot of things are in the air.

"Its Mike Brown's decision," he said. "As far as I'm concerned, I will be a Bengal next season."

--------------------------------

The one thing though that hasn't changed is the tension between him and Lewis which started leading up to the Week 16 game against San Diego where Lewis called Ochocinco "mopey". Ochocinco did admit that that still bothers him but did say that he still has the utmost respect for Lewis.

"We don't see eye to eye all the time but it's normal in any household and even at work," Ochocinco said. "This year for me I have been quiet and haven't said much. I did my job the best way I could and then he had choice words at a time when I was down and hurt. For me to be hurt after who knows how long I would expect the one person to stand up for me would be him."

--------------------------------

Ochocinco missed the last two games due to bone spurs in his left ankle. He said late in the season that he was planning on surgery but said on Wednesday that it is feeling better and that he might not have it.

Even though he said on ESPN last week that he was going to change his last name back to Johnson, Ochocinco sounded like he was reversing that stance on Wednesday when he said "There's enough Johnson's in this world. There's only one Ocho."

I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. True, the dysfunctional nature of this franchise resulted in a clumsy, ill-timed firing. But if it weren't for the dysfunctionaly nature of the franchise he wouldn't even have had that job for the last 2 or 3 years he did. Hell, he wouldn't even have had it for the last 7 years or so, Marvin would have brought his own guy in when he came on board, if Mike would have let him.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

From Reedy:
/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/02/02/bratkowski-says-parting-was-amicable-hears-from-palmer/

While the offense had three straight seasons where they were ranked in the top 10 in total offense, they have been ranked 20th or worse the last three seasons. As far as why the offense couldn’t click this year despite the additions of Terrell Owens, Jermaine Gresham and Jordan Shipley, Bratkowski pointed to turnovers as a big culprit. The Bengals had 34 this season including six where the defense returned those for touchdowns.

“There were some critical points in some games where we would have a poorly timed turnover and that kept us from building confidence,” he said. “Despite all that I don’t think the offense is that far off. There were some of the younger guys that made strides. Next year they are going to have a great offense.”

From Reedy:
/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/02/02/bratkowski-says-parting-was-amicable-hears-from-palmer/

While the offense had three straight seasons where they were ranked in the top 10 in total offense, they have been ranked 20th or worse the last three seasons. As far as why the offense couldn’t click this year despite the additions of Terrell Owens, Jermaine Gresham and Jordan Shipley, Bratkowski pointed to turnovers as a big culprit. The Bengals had 34 this season including six where the defense returned those for touchdowns.

“There were some critical points in some games where we would have a poorly timed turnover and that kept us from building confidence,” he said. “Despite all that I don’t think the offense is that far off. There were some of the younger guys that made strides. Next year they are going to have a great offense.”

This is what is classically called an "Addition by Subtraction" situation.

Here is the fancy formula for this, and probably how Brat would attempt to explain his departure to the like of Chad, Carson and Cedric:

formulas.jpg

Source: Jay Gruden heading to Cincinnati

Posted by Mike Florio on February 2, 2011, 9:59 PM EST

Gruden

Rumors are flying that the replacement for Bob Bratkowski will have a very familiar name.

Gruden.

A league source tells us that Jay Gruden, currently the head coach of the Virginia Destroyers of the UFL, will become the next offensive coordinator of the Bengals. The source says the deal is done.

We’ve yet to obtain confirmation of that fact.

Gruden fits the player-acquisition profile that the Bengals have used in recent years. He was arrested for DUI in 2005.

He’s the younger brother of former Raiders and Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden.

doesn't seem to have alot NFL experience but I don't mind the hire maybe his brother will help him out behind the scenes with a playbook ;) and lure him to be HC after marvin is fired.

That's just the condensed version. There's a spot on the left that says "W = F d = F d". I think that's shorthand for "we're f**ked".

I'd like to see them bring in the guy from Bill Cosby's neighborhood that called the plays. Very simple and to the point. Andre Smith is the guy he talks about at the end.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmZ0tVOTr3o