So, who needs to go and who should stay?

combatbengal

This season is over so now we start to rebuild. So who stays and who goes?

- Mike Brown needs to step down and hire a real GM! I know this won’t happen.

- Marvin, I love Marvin but he has no discipline on this team. It’s time for change and we need to go in a new direction

- Offensive coordinator cannot plan or call a game to save his life. Most fans know what the play is before we ever get to the line of scrimmage.

- Palmer needs to go. He’s lost it and it’s not coming back. His time management sucks, he takes too long to make a decision, he’s not mobile (yes I know he actually ran the ball today), and he throws int’s every game. Most of the time it’s a killer int!

- Benson is a beast but he can’t hold on to the rock! He helped lose two games this season with fumbles. Scott loves to fumble the rock too.

- TO still has it but doesn’t give 100%. He drops too many balls and won’t try to make a tackle if we throw an int!

- Chad has to go. His focus is on Facebook, twitter, dancing, acting, reality TV, NOT FOOTBALL! Too many distractions.

I won’t even address the def!

Who needs to stay:

Gresham, Shipley, Leonard, Peko, Andre Smith (IM KIDDING ABOUT Pillsbury Smith), Adam Jones….

Good lord we have to rebuild the entire team.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very few can make a case for staying. I think Palmer should be pushed by a younger more athletic QB but I it wouldn't surprise me if he turned it around under a fresh set of coaches.

Of course Mike Brown is a horrible owner and all but he's not going anywhere, and he has given this team enough players to beat the Bills and win more than 2 games.

This year is a colossal meltdown in coaching. It's on Marvin Lewis and his staff.

They have won the division 2 of the last 5 yrs proving that winning is possible under MB

For all the heat Carson Palmer has taken, the problem this year has been the two parts of which he is not involved, special teams and defense. If you give up 49 pts to Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bills you suck and deserve to lose.

Very few can make a case for staying. I think Palmer should be pushed by a younger more athletic QB but I it wouldn't surprise me if he turned it around under a fresh set of coaches.

Of course Mike Brown is a horrible owner and all but he's not going anywhere, and he has given this team enough players to beat the Bills and win more than 2 games.

This year is a colossal meltdown in coaching. It's on Marvin Lewis and his staff.

They have won the division 2 of the last 5 yrs proving that winning is possible under MB

For all the heat Carson Palmer has taken, the problem this year has been the two parts of which he is not involved, special teams and defense. If you give up 49 pts to Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bills you suck and deserve to lose.

Once the three DBs went out, it was over.

Scrap heap Carson, TO and Ocho, Jordan. Fat Andre, Bobbie W, Kelly...

Scrap Dhani, Geathers, Tank, Roy W, Crocker.

Thats a start.

Gotta draft a QB, a couple of WR's, O-line and D-line. Safety and RB.

Jordan Palmer or Jordan Shipley :P...if its ship then I DIsagree with him everyone else I agree I Love Roy and I like Crocker but They are old and they can't stay healthy we need some young play making safetys.

Oddly enough, I have found Owens' work admirable this season in the midst of this mess. Not saying he should be back, but at least I think he cares. Not sure who else on this team does.

I'm sure Palmer cares too, he just doesn't possess the ability to do anything about it.

Oddly enough, I have found Owens' work admirable this season in the midst of this mess. Not saying he should be back, but at least I think he cares. Not sure who else on this team does.

Weird, ain't it? TO has done his own share of screwing up this season, but you are right: in the category of people who appear to give a crap, he's a rare member.

Scrap heap Carson, TO and Ocho, Jordan. Fat Andre, Bobbie W, Kelly...

Scrap Dhani, Geathers, Tank, Roy W, Crocker.

Thats a start.

Gotta draft a QB, a couple of WR's, O-line and D-line. Safety and RB.

Jordan Palmer or Jordan Shipley :P...if its ship then I DIsagree with him everyone else I agree I Love Roy and I like Crocker but They are old and they can't stay healthy we need some young play making safetys.

Sorry, Jordan Palmer. Should have been more clear.

Ship is a bright spot and could be a Welker type player for a long time.

It is a painful thing to think our prototypical QB is all but used up, I just do not believe they will ever improve with him on the trigger. He has regressed in almost every way. Even with this advanced arsenal, he is not getting it done. Yes, I know he does not play defense and did not hand Buffalo the ball but on his own, his play has cost this team 5 or 6 of the losses this year. Too costly.

He is paid far too much to play this poorly and I think they have been more than patient. Time is up.

I can live through a 4-12, 6-10 year or two getting Luck or Mallet up to speed. I can't go through another year watching Carson flounder away a season.

Weird, ain't it? TO has done his own share of screwing up this season, but you are right: in the category of people who appear to give a crap, he's a rare member.

Indeed. As I catelogue lack of effort from a LOT of people on this team, Owens sure as s**t isn't on that list. He's got his faults, but he has produced.

I still like Palmer. T.O. and Chad have to go. I don't think Palmer has chemistry with those guys. He needs guys who go to all of the OTA's and really work to be on the same page. We can keep him. I say get rid of the following.

Chad

T.O.

Simpson

Tank Johnson

Pac-Man

Jones

Rivers

Kelly

Coffman

Benson

Ndukwe

Roy Williams

Tom Nelson

David Jones

Geathers

They have to get the right kind of players. The right attitude and work ethic.

Not saying that they should keep owens necessarily, but why do you mention mini-camps and OTA issues for owens? He wasn't signed when those were going on. In fact, he worked w/ palmer more in the off-season in cali even though he wasn't on the team than say johnson did who was on the team...

Chad-agreed

T.O.-Agreed

Simpson-Agreed

Tank Johnson-Didn't mind tank but time to move on or least make the young guys starters.

Pac-Man-Why? He played superb football for us aslong as hedoesn't get in trouble hes worth keeping around even as a 6th CB.

Jones-I wish they would bench him now

Rivers-Eh Well Rivers hasn't been a top 10 Pick ,I think he's still been a above average Player...I'd say keep him around and think about moving him to SLB and then resignig Brandon Johnson for WLB.

Kelly-Agreed

Coffman-like the guy but agree

Benson-Love Cedben but Unless we have chance winning next year its best just to move on...lamichael JaMES in 2012! ^_^

Ndukwe-Guy is a former WR but so terrible when comes to coverage.

Roy Williams-I love Roy he was one of my favorite players in his youth but its time to find some Safety's of the future.

Tom Nelson-Agreed

David Jones-He's not on the Team we traded him to the jags

Geathers-Agreed

I'd also Throw in

Atwan Odom

Anthony Collins

(Don't resign)

Bobbie WIlliams

Nate Livings

Dennis Roland

Chad-agreed

T.O.-Agreed

Simpson-Agreed

Tank Johnson-Didn't mind tank but time to move on or least make the young guys starters.

Pac-Man-Why? He played superb football for us aslong as hedoesn't get in trouble hes worth keeping around even as a 6th CB.

Rivers-Eh Well Rivers hasn't been a top 10 Pick ,I think he's still been a above average Player...I'd say keep him around and think about moving him to SLB and then resignig Brandon Johnson for WLB.

Kelly-Agreed

Benson-Love Cedben but Unless we have chance winning next year its best just to move on...lamichael JaMES in 2012! ^_^

Roy Williams-I love Roy he was one of my favorite players in his youth but its time to find some Safety's of the future.

Tom Nelson-Agreed

Geathers-Agreed

I'd also Throw in

Atwan Odom

Anthony Collins

(Don't resign)

Bobbie WIlliams

Nate Livings

Dennis Roland

Holy crap, that's over half our starters, and a bunch of second tier guys who play teams and special packages (nickle, heavy O formation). If we cut or don't re-sign all these guys, we'll need the NFL to schedule a special expansion draft for us.

Chad-sad but he should go. :(

T.O.might keep him,-Still can produce and wants to win, will help younger guys develop

Simpson-Chad clone, he'll be our starter next year

Tank Johnson-depth i'd keep him

Pac-Man-definately keep

Jones-retire... lol

Rivers-really??? Of course keep him

Kelly-retire

Coffman-keep

Benson-uh,.. I say keep

Ndukwe-Uh... We need somebody we cant just lose 4 safeties...

Roy Williams-retire

Tom Nelson-havent seen him screw up this year but there are much better players outther

David Jones-...

Geathers-heck yes get him the freak out of cincy

get rid of nate livings, and bobbie, and maybe caldwell, reggie nelson blows but he is depth so maybe keep,

I'm sure Palmer cares too, he just doesn't possess the ability to do anything about it.

Nothing to do with the topic because you can make a case for all but a handfull of players to be replaced, so......This is directed towards Billy....

Please for the sake of all things Bengalszone......CHANGE YOUR SIG !!!

Otherwise I vote to change your title from "Benevolent Boobiemiester" to "Malevolent Moobiemiester"

More Boobs....Less Moobs PLEASE

Chad-agreed

T.O.-Agreed

Simpson-Agreed

Kelly-Agreed

Tom Nelson-Agreed

Geathers-Agreed

I'd also Throw in

Atwan Odom

Anthony Collins

(Don't resign)

Bobbie WIlliams

Nate Livings

Dennis Roland

Holy crap, that's over half our starters, and a bunch of second tier guys who play teams and special packages (nickle, heavy O formation). If we cut or don't re-sign all these guys, we'll need the NFL to schedule a special expansion draft for us.

I guess its time to move on to L.A then lol lol

This team needs a total makeover, then cant seem to win with the guys here now what makes you think they will win next year, or the year after that. Trade anybody you can, get as many draft picks as you can. Time to move on

Trade anybody you can, get as many draft picks as you can. Time to move on

You need a GM to pull of trades like those....and we have......Mikey :wacko:

So true........and again my head goes down! We are doomed

Wish he would look at these successful team like the Pats, steelers eagles teams like that who are not afraid to get rid of there star players, and go with youth. Or are not afraid of trading players for other players or for draft picks. Mike needs to stop being such a pu**y and build his team the right way. They are not winning with what is hear, so TRADE, and TRADE somemore. Or cut your losses, and pick up guys who can stay healthy, and are not dramma queens.

Nothing to do with the topic because you can make a case for all but a handfull of players to be replaced, so......This is directed towards Billy....

Please for the sake of all things Bengalszone......CHANGE YOUR SIG !!!

Bengals win a game, and the beefcake goes away.

We'll at least for the season anyway.