3rd Round #1: Jordan Shipley

ArmyBengal

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am probably in the minority that loves this pick, but would've been fine with Gilyard instead. Definitely better than Caldwell or Jones. Not sure if his speed means anything considering he had 13 Td's and 1,500 receiving yards last year. All I know is the guy was money and very consistent, really liked watching him.

Major bonehead move

Shipley ran 4.57

Slow

Colt McCoy would have been a better move

So many fast WR and this guy would have been a UFA to late round pick

THere is something to be said for guys who can get open. THis guy is alot like Welker-quick, not fast, can find space in the zone, and runs EXCELLENT ROUTES, something this teams WR's can't seem to handle.

I love this pick.

Major bonehead move

Shipley ran 4.57

Slow

Colt McCoy would have been a better move

So many fast WR and this guy would have been a UFA to late round pick

Oh geez a 4.57 40. Wow what a slow kid. Probably the slowest reciever ever to play the game. Geez, so what he is highly productive and efficent and runs great routes, and overall a good football player. But that 4.57, geez terrible. I mean Anquan Boldin ran a 4.7 40 and man he is terrible. Dez Bryant ran a 4.5 40, what a loafer.

Just explains why your not a draft expert or GM for any team.

Well, maybe you guys can't be unhappy with that, but I am. He doesn't give us a person to come in and develop into a #1 or even a #2. He's a slot receiver who you hope is better than both Caldwell and Cosby. If he's not a better return guy than either Cosby or Scott, what's the reason ?? Decker could develop into a #2. Hell, Gilyard could have developed into a #2. Taylor Price even. I don't know, but once again, seems like right position, wrong player to me.

Well, maybe you guys can't be unhappy with that, but I am. He doesn't give us a person to come in and develop into a #1 or even a #2. He's a slot receiver who you hope is better than both Caldwell and Cosby. If he's not a better return guy than either Cosby or Scott, what's the reason ?? Decker could develop into a #2. Hell, Gilyard could have developed into a #2. Taylor Price even. I don't know, but once again, seems like right position, wrong player to me.

Maybe so but he was rated higher then those guys, and i guess the Bengals had them rated higher also. You cant say he wasnt productive

He doesn't have elite speed, but he does have elite acceleration and ability to change direction. I don't think he'll stretch the field, but he'd been compared to Wes Welker and Anthony Gonzalez. He's a playmaker... and one of (if not both) Matt Jones and Jerome Simpson are goners.

which can't complain in that hell Jerome probably could survive on practice squad.

He doesn't have elite speed, but he does have elite acceleration and ability to change direction. I don't think he'll stretch the field, but he'd been compared to Wes Welker and Anthony Gonzalez. He's a playmaker... and one of (if not both) Matt Jones and Jerome Simpson are goners.

You hit it right on the head man. This is a great pick for us to make up for the 2nd round blunder