3rd Round #1: Jordan Shipley

ArmyBengal

He doesn't have elite speed, but he does have elite acceleration and ability to change direction. I don't think he'll stretch the field, but he'd been compared to Wes Welker and Anthony Gonzalez. He's a playmaker... and one of (if not both) Matt Jones and Jerome Simpson are goners.

Well, seeing as how Shipley is no more than a slot receiver, I don't know how much he threatens Simpson, but wasn't Jones more of a slot guy ??

I dont' remember, but if so, yeah, he could be gone. What about Quan Cosby ?? Where does he fit in with Caldwell ??

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, maybe you guys can't be unhappy with that, but I am. He doesn't give us a person to come in and develop into a #1 or even a #2. He's a slot receiver who you hope is better than both Caldwell and Cosby. If he's not a better return guy than either Cosby or Scott, what's the reason ?? Decker could develop into a #2. Hell, Gilyard could have developed into a #2. Taylor Price even. I don't know, but once again, seems like right position, wrong player to me.

Maybe so but he was rated higher then those guys, and i guess the Bengals had them rated higher also. You cant say he wasnt productive

It's not about having him rated higher and I never said he wasn't productive. It's that he will NEVER COMPETE for the #1 or #2 slot and we already have both Caldwell and Cosby in the slot with both return spots being held. If they get rid of Cosby, fine, but he's not taking anyone elses job.

watching the highlight and do have say I like the look of the guy :o

It's not about having him rated higher and I never said he wasn't productive. It's that he will NEVER COMPETE for the #1 or #2 slot and we already have both Caldwell and Cosby in the slot with both return spots being held. If they get rid of Cosby, fine, but he's not taking anyone elses job.

Well if he is truly a Wes Welkar type I don't see why not "shrug" all same maybe they plan to put Caldwell on the outside more and shipley take over the slot..

Or maybe it was because of his return skills.

So, the deepest defensive draft in 30 years and two of the first three picks are used on slower than average pass catchers who each have a long history of injury.

Sure.

Well, at least you'll have plenty to complain about, right? :sure:

Me, I'm a happy guy tonight, no matter what happens with the final pick they have.

So, the deepest defensive draft in 30 years and two of the first three picks are used on slower than average pass catchers who each have a long history of injury.

Sure.

Me, I'm a happy guy tonight, no matter what happens with the final pick they have.

I feel like I've been out of step with this entire draft.

He is the best slot WR in the draft and one of the most shifty. He is just as fast as Gilyard but more productive at a higher level. He may never be a stretch the field WR but he can be just as good as Welker. He is a well polished, low maint., high character player that excels in special teams.

Sure.

I feel like I've been out of step with this entire draft.

Lay off the sauce.

Wes Welker is a good comparison. He is actually a more polished slot/route runner than Welker was coming out. He is also timed a little faster and taller. Wes Welker ran a 4.65 forty and is around 5'9" and Shipley ran a 4.60 forty and is around 5'11". They both had great college careers because of their elite vision. They both not only run good routes but know how to sit in the open spot. He instantly takes over as our slot WR and #1 punt returner.

He is just an all around slick football player. It's hard not to like this kids game and character.