Chad v Bayless

kingwilly

Bayless is a clown. Chad, while resurgent in his profession, still has fans slow to warm back up to him.

This was done this morning, in the Cincy lockeroom. Bayless attacks like Chad an emotional woman. He re-airs the Hall of Fame jacket stunt with such resentment..very odd.

[media]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4454829

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(((shrug)))

I can tell ya', it's been a freaking Chad-fest on my television this glorious Monday morning. I've seen him interviewed at least four times by different anchors on ESPN alone, and another two times by NFL Network talking heads. And without any hesitation at all I can easily admit I think it all sucks.

Because in my most humble of opinions....(ahem)...Chad Johnson doesn't deserve to be the public face of this franchise, and he most certainly shouldn't be the frontman for a team that's been impressing everyone with it's work ethic, character, and it's refusal to quit.

But sadly, that's not the way it works.

So I guess sometime very soon we'll be treated to the likes of Chad Johnson swapping mental broadsides with Skip Bayless....all sponsored by Motorola.

Clown shoes.

(((shrug)))

I can tell ya', it's been a freaking Chad-fest on my television this glorious Monday morning. I've seen him interviewed at least four times by different anchors on ESPN alone, and another two times by NFL Network talking heads. And without any hesitation at all I can easily admit I think it all sucks.

Because in my most humble of opinions....(ahem)...Chad Johnson doesn't deserve to be the public face of this franchise, and he most certainly shouldn't be the frontman for a team that's been impressing everyone with it's work ethic, character, and it's refusal to quit.

So I guess sometime very soon we'll be treated to the likes of Chad Johnson swapping mental broadsides with Skip Bayless....all sponsored by Motorola.

Clown shoes.

Agreed. Palmer should be the face of the team. And as for today in particular, Benson should have been THE sole media focus, Bengals-wise. He earned with.

The "re-match" with the tool Bayless is Thursday.

One thing that ticked me off on Sunday was after Benson scored his TD. After busting his ass the entire game and getting a stand-up ovation with every fan in the stadium solely saluting his performance for the first time in his professional career, as he's running down the sideline stands soaking it all in who runs over and stops him? Chad. Thought it was pretty pathetic of him.

Man...10 catches, 118 yards, 2 TDs and it's still bitchbitchbitch. :thumbsdown:

No doubt. Dudes, give it a rest. Chad is a media hound. Nothing new there. Hell if nothing it gives visibility to the Franchise. Carson ain't the kind of guy to seek out the media and as such will not be the face of the team to the media. Yes. Chad was a total ass last year and really still has a lot to make up for. But he's playing like a man possessed and trying to put last year behind him. He's actually acting like a team player for the first time I can remember. The media wants to talk to Chad. Often is cause he'll give them sound bites, but at the end of the day, it's a Bengal on TV because we are winning, not cause we lost again or cause they want to be traded.

Hell, I know Chad has done a lot to repair his image as a Bengal to me. He's playing with fire. Supporting his team, and engaging with fans. What more do you want? Really? What's it gonna take? Maybe if he's hoisting the Lombardi trophy y'all cut him some slack...

Chad's fine. He was deplorable last season, but I really don't care at all about last season. He's always been ridiculous and unstable, but he's where he should be this year and that's what's important to me. Should we make the playoffs this year I can't imagine him going on another rampage.

His quest for reconciliation might be a bit silly, but at least he's taking it on. He did keep the sellout streak alive after all (with help, but what the hell ever).

One thing that ticked me off on Sunday was after Benson scored his TD. After busting his ass the entire game and getting a stand-up ovation with every fan in the stadium solely saluting his performance for the first time in his professional career, as he's running down the sideline stands soaking it all in who runs over and stops him? Chad. Thought it was pretty pathetic of him.

Um, he didn't stop him just to stop him. He went over there, congratulated him, and told to keep it up all the way to Miami. If you gonna be mad at him, be mad at him for stuff he actually did. I thought it was a pretty good move myself because the old Chad never congratulated another teammate like that. At least, not that I recall.

as he's running down the sideline stands soaking it all in who runs over and stops him? Chad. Thought it was pretty pathetic of him.

Saw it and I agree wholeheartedly. Chad knew the camera would be on Ced, so he had to run over and get involved to make sure he was the center of attention. How could Chad live with himself if Ced Benson earned some camera time all to himself? There really isn't an off switch for Chad, even if it means imposing on the glory moment of a teammate who surely earned it the hard way.

As I watch the winless 'Skins on MNF stagger toward another loss in what will likely be a winless season, I can't help think back to '07, when by Chad's estimation, the Washington franchise knew all about pro football while the stupid old Brown family knew nothing.

If Chad had his way he'd be playing on the suck Redskins, so keep asking him about football ESPN, you'll get what you deserve - uninformed, narcissistic nonsense.

PS - Chad's playing some pretty good ball for us this year, so I forgive all his asinine stupidity. If it's ok with Carson, it's ok with me.

Um, he didn't stop him just to stop him. He went over there, congratulated him, and told to keep it up all the way to Miami. If you gonna be mad at him, be mad at him for stuff he actually did. I thought it was a pretty good move myself because the old Chad never congratulated another teammate like that. At least, not that I recall.

Wrong. He could have waited and congratulated him when he got back to the bench - like the rest of the team did. Chad is very aware of where the camera is and maximizes his face time. Don't ask me why. You'd need a shrink to figure it out.

as he's running down the sideline stands soaking it all in who runs over and stops him? Chad. Thought it was pretty pathetic of him.

Saw it and I agree wholeheartedly. Chad knew the camera would be on Ced, so he had to run over and get involved to make sure he was the center of attention. How could Chad live with himself if Ced Benson earned some camera time all to himself? There really isn't an off switch for Chad, even if it means imposing on the glory moment of a teammate who surely earned it the hard way.

As I watch the winless 'Skins on MNF stagger toward another loss in what will likely be a winless season, I can't help think back to '07, when by Chad's estimation, the Washington franchise knew all about pro football while the stupid old Brown family knew nothing.

If Chad had his way he'd be playing on the suck Redskins, so keep asking him about football ESPN, you'll get what you deserve - uninformed, narcissistic nonsense.

PS - Chad's playing some pretty good ball for us this year, so I forgive all his asinine stupidity. If it's ok with Carson, it's ok with me.

They've won one or two games, so therefore it can't be a winless season!

Keep it up Chad! Block out the haters! The same haters that took the tickets he bought to save a sellout and have the game televised locally!

Whatever. I don't really like him either, but there was nothing wrong with what he did. It didn't at all look like he was trying to do anything other than show support, which is out of character for him.

Yeah yeah yeah. Whatever. I don't like the guy. Don't have to. You can shove that 'hater' crap, too, because that sounds like one of those tired cliche bs words that Fredo likes to throw out on Twitter.

That said, he's paid to catch balls. He's catching balls. I hope he's catching them in the SB. All I really care about. For his play on the field, nice job Ocho. For his personality, just play Fredo.

They've [Redskins] won one or two games, so therefore it can't be a winless season!

This is offtopic, but COB might be alluding to an interesting schedule oddity:

The 'Skins last 5 opponents: Chiefs, Panthers, Bucs, Lions, Rams. (what a crapfest!)

Their only two wins are over the Rams and Bucs, by a total of 5 points, who are both still winless.

Aside from that, even their losses are bad. Other than their opening game against the Giants, their other 3 losses are to the Chiefs and Lions (who have no other wins besides the Skins), and the Panthers (whose only other win is against the Bucs, who are themselves winless).

So you have a group of 6 teams, two of whom are winless and 4 others who would be winless except for lucky scheduling. It seems very late in the year to have such a large pool of teams (6) that, as a pool, have no wins over any other team in the league.

Really, this could be the worst 2-4 team in history. Both wins over teams that have a real chance to do something terrible. So that might be what COB meant - those two 'wins' don't count.

To bring this on topic - Skip Bayless is a yeast infection. He takes something fun and makes it stink.

Someone needs to be the media hound on the team... Chad is here to play ball and take the heat from the media gallery....

It works out perfect for the team... He can go get all the face time he wants, while the rest of everyone isn't getting hounded by the media for quotes....

Bayless is a clown. Chad, while resurgent in his profession, still has fans slow to warm back up to him.

This was done this morning, in the Cincy lockeroom. Bayless attacks like Chad an emotional woman. He re-airs the Hall of Fame jacket stunt with such resentment..very odd.

[media]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4454829

That's because Skip is an emotional woman. Don't mess with hormones kids or you could end up like the Bayliss. He went to Vanderbilt just like Jay. Coincidence that they're both pouting bitches with questionable taste in shirts? I think not!

Very Twu! I can't stand Skip Gayless(I know, how 6th grade of me :P )

That dude has no more creditials than you or I, so I could care less what his opinion is!

He's one of those douchebags that when right, which is very rare, he gloats about it and tries to act like he's right all the time, but when he's wrong he just sweeps it under the rug and no one calls him on his BS!

f**k OFF, SKIP BAYLESS!

See, I liked that. Chad went over congratulated him and told him to remember that we are carrying this all the way to Miami. How can you not like that!

So that might be what COB meant - those two 'wins' don't count.

Thanks for covering for me DC! I was distracted by new scheduling software on my laptop.

Also, I'm full of crap and usually don't know what I'm talking about. So there's that.

(((shrug)))

Clown shoes.

Who should be the public face of this franchise? Please I'd like to hear your opinion.