Win today did what for us?

combatbengal

Let me start off by stating, I hate to lose, but at this point, a win does nothing for us. We're out of the playoffs! We won't have a winning season! Now we're trying to throw away the number one draft pick. Not that it will help us much. We get our first win and now there are people saying we'll go 8-8. Well, this isn't fantasy land.

Here is what we have to look forward to

Eagles; we'll lose

Steelers; Always play us tough and took out Rivers. Expect more of that, 1-10 after this one

Ravens; Another loss, 1-11

Colts; We won't beat Manning, 1-12

Redskins; They'll beat us, 1-13

Browns; We might win, 2-13

Chiefs; We'll win and take us to picking 3rd or 4th in the draft, 3-13

Season ends 3-13 and we'll have the number 4 pick.

Let me start off by stating, I hate to lose, but at this point, a win does nothing for us.

It may do nothing for "us", but it lets the young guns on the team know that they ARE capable of winning games.

I'm good with that.

I can't imagine that 3-13 would give us the fourth friggin' pick, but whatever. I want the number one pick too, but the team's showing life, and even though it means something this season, there's gotta be something to build for the future. They showed some pride today, and I'll never complain about that.

It showed me they may not be any good this year, but at least they havent quite. After last week i thought for sure they just quite for the year, but today they came out and should me they can still play physical and hard when they want to. I just wish they would have played this way from the start. So really no it didnt do any good but at least i finally got to see them play some good football, and it should even though they were winless they still wanted to go out and win. Ill be interested to see if they do anything with the bye or not.

Let me start off by stating, I hate to lose, but at this point, a win does nothing for us. We're out of the playoffs! We won't have a winning season! Now we're trying to throw away the number one draft pick. Not that it will help us much. We get our first win and now there are people saying we'll go 8-8. Well, this isn't fantasy land.

Eagles; we'll lose

Steelers; Always play us tough and took out Rivers. Expect more of that, 1-10 after this one

So wait, are you saying we should go out and not try and lose on purpose for the rest of the season?? wow some people puzzle me!!!!

Well, the win does a lot for the young guys we have all been begging to get time on the field to see what we have. You can't tell me that putting the youngsters out there only to get their asses handed to them is going to buil confidence. They may not go to the playoffs this year, but it can't hurt getting a win against the Jags at home in front of the crowd that thinks you are a bunch of f*cking quiters.

I was just in seventh heaven seeing our boys play some ball today and had a really good time watching with my son !!!

Eagles; we'll lose

Look at the schedule we have faced this year. The Ravens, Titans, Cowboys (When we played them they weren't garbage), Giants, Jets, and Steelers are all playoff or close to playoff caliber teams. The only team that really beat up on us was the Steelers. We had a chance in all those games. We should have won in Cleveland and I don't even want to talk about that Texans game. But, my point is that we have had a rediculously tough schedule and we have played them close. With a solid offseason,and a high draft pick, along with the return of Keith Rivers their is hope for the future. I honestly think we will make the playoffs. We have a lot of young talent on defense and some key pieces on offense. Now we just need to add the pieces around them to make our team legit.!

erases any self doubt that mikey had in running this team, and assured us of keeping these same sorry ass coaches and same worthless players.

One thing I like about today's game and the last couple is that we can re-sign Cedrick Benson for at least one more year and not waste a high pick on a running back which should be one of our last priorites this offseason. We can bring in a veteran back to pair with him and cut Perry.

erases any self doubt that mikey had in running this team, and assured us of keeping these same sorry ass coaches and same worthless players.

One thing I like about today's game and the last couple is that we can re-sign Cedrick Benson for at least one more year and not waste a high pick on a running back which should be one of our last priorites this offseason. We can bring in a veteran back to pair with him and cut Perry.

The sooner we cut Chrissy, the better.

Something else i saw today was everyone was involved in the game, Fitz was throwing to everyone even Chirs Perry. I just wish he could work on his long ball the score would have been even better. I was glad to see everyone out there playing hard, and i was even more happy with how Pat Sims looked today, guys we finally might have a good DT on our hands.

Re-sign Benson. He is a good back. Send Perry on his way.

Re-sign Whitworth. He's got guts and leadership and we need more guys like him.

However, this game is not a free pass for the orgainzation. Changes need to be made. The only way I back down from that is if this team ends up 6-10 or better this season and beats some playoff-caliber teams like Indy, Pittsburgh, Philly and Washington.

OK, I wasn't saying we should lose on purpose. Last season, we had no chance of making the playoffs but started to play at the end of the season. I stated then that we were messing up our draft pick. There were tons of people on here that got on to me about that. But when the draft rolled around, those same people were crying about having the number nine pick. They wanted a higher pick to get a different player. The same scenario will play out this year.

I agree with playing the young guys and giving them a chance to show what they have and get experience. I also agree with the RB situation; cut Perry and resign Benson.

“So wait, are you saying we should go out and not try and lose on purpose for the rest of the season?? wow some people puzzle me!!!!” So you’re trying to say that we were actually trying the first 8 games?

OK, I wasn't saying we should lose on purpose. Last season, we had no chance of making the playoffs but started to play at the end of the season. I stated then that we were messing up our draft pick. There were tons of people on here that got on to me about that. But when the draft rolled around, those same people were crying about having the number nine pick. They wanted a higher pick to get a different player. The same scenario will play out this year.

I agree with playing the young guys and giving them a chance to show what they have and get experience. I also agree with the RB situation; cut Perry and resign Benson.

“So wait, are you saying we should go out and not try and lose on purpose for the rest of the season?? wow some people puzzle me!!!!” So you’re trying to say that we were actually trying the first 8 games?

What I personally think turned this team around today was me emailing that Bengals/SoP history video to ML, SoP, ESPN and Jack Brannon. Embarrassed them so bad, they turned their a$$es around and played like an NFL team. :D

Or at least that's my story.

Don't get me wrong either, I WANT A TOP PICK BAD !!! I also want to see the team play to it's capabilities at least once or twice this season.

I'll be happy with a top 3 pick or even top 5 for that matter... Detroit is taking QB any way around, so that's one not to worry about.

Oh yeah if Tebow declares for the draft he might as well buy a house in Detroit that same day.

With our needs being D-line and O-line anywhere near the top 5 should get us something we need.

We finish 1-15 and mikey would probably consider the season a success

He'll find a way to portray it (and the close game against the Giants) as a success, or have his spin-brigade (starting but not ending with Hobson) portray it as such

"we're just a player or two away from being a championship team" or somesuch hogwash

Look at the schedule we have faced this year. The Ravens, Titans, Cowboys (When we played them they weren't garbage), Giants, Jets, and Steelers are all playoff or close to playoff caliber teams. The only team that really beat up on us was the Steelers. We had a chance in all those games. We should have won in Cleveland and I don't even want to talk about that Texans game. But, my point is that we have had a rediculously tough schedule and we have played them close. With a solid offseason,and a high draft pick, along with the return of Keith Rivers their is hope for the future. I honestly think we will make the playoffs. We have a lot of young talent on defense and some key pieces on offense. Now we just need to add the pieces around them to make our team legit.!

Wow.

Hi Geoff, how's it going?

How much is Brown paying you to sell turd as filet mignon, anyway?

I was glad to see Whitworth get pissed off and try to rip Henderson's head off! THAT'S the frickin' fire this team needed, and if he got tossed from the game to light a torch, so be it.

Plus, I hadn't seen our defense play that hard in maybe years. Excellent job overall by everyone. Even Fredo.

If you get response post it =)