Saints at Bengals

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright...throwing bwilly a bone here. When we go 3-1 or 4-0 in preseason, we usually have a crappy season. Maybe this is actually good.

Pitt went 0-4 the year they won the super bowl.

Preseason record means absolutely nothing. BUT, the team looks like ish.

Its a league wide thing though - veterans arent playing preseason anymore. 4 games is ridiculous IMO.

I am praying we can look like a real team come the opener. Its good we play the Ravens - Now if we stink it up in that game then we are in for a looooong season.

At this point Detroit looks like super bowl champions. But we all know that isnt going to materialize.

Im trying not to let it get to my head. My FFL draft is Monday and Kitna looks good. BUT, He basically screwed me last year.

Wash is losing by 41. Imagine the board if that was our score.

I should peek at the Browns and Redskins boards to make me feel better.

Does anyone think Rowe is worth anything?

We all know everyone wants Jordan as the third QB.

Alright...throwing bwilly a bone here. When we go 3-1 or 4-0 in preseason, we usually have a crappy season. Maybe this is actually good.

Pitt went 0-4 the year they won the super bowl.

Preseason record means absolutely nothing. BUT, the team looks like ish.

Its a league wide thing though - veterans arent playing preseason anymore. 4 games is ridiculous IMO.

I am praying we can look like a real team come the opener. Its good we play the Ravens - Now if we stink it up in that game then we are in for a looooong season.

Some of you guys are focusing too much on WR's and Rb's, and not realizing how poor the o and d lines are, you are in Mike Brown zombie mode I think.

Who do we put the blame on this time coaches who? Somebody better light a fire under this teams A** this is the worst ive seen them look in years. Does anyone on this team wanna play football they act like there not even getting payed. The o-line is fighting with eachother instead of coming toghter as a unit, sick just sick.

I remember 2006. Our third preseason game was a blowout against the Packers! The offense looked good. The defense looked good. On Paper we were very very strong to make another playoff push.

How is it with an extra 20 million in salary cap money. 15 draft picks, and two seasons later, we look like the ony thing we'll be able to do is punt and get beat deep???

You know why we go after O'Dell's and Chris Henry's...? Cause the Ownership/coaching staff/ and management are as much a criminals as either of them are!!

If I remember correctly, Didn't Tagliabue visit the team in '05 wondering if there was still a reason to call the Cincinnati Bengals a professional franchise ??

I'd say the question still needs to be answered!! :angry:

I remember 2006. Our third preseason game was a blowout against the Packers! The offense looked good. The defense looked good. On Paper we were very very strong to make another playoff push.

How is it with an extra 20 million in salary cap money. 15 draft picks, and two seasons later, we look like the ony thing we'll be able to do is punt and get beat deep???

You know why we go after O'Dell's and Chris Henry's...? Cause the Ownership/coaching staff/ and management are as much a criminals as either of them are!!

If I remember correctly, Didn't Tagliabue visit the team in '05 wondering if there was still a reason to call the Cincinnati Bengals a professional franchise ??

I'd say the question still needs to be answered!! :angry:

Word. :sure:

Go to your tape and re-run the footage of Jim Maxwell tackling Skyler Green on punt coverage

Lather, rinse, repeat.

There's your silver lining :-)

The defensive line not getting any pressure on the QB is old news, but this sieve of an o-line is murder - a bloody nose is the least of Carson's worries, he should start worrying about serious injury

The following image about sums up what I expect for the upcoming Bengals season

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/gallery/view...oto_id=35624119

So let me start by talking about the positive things from this game....

Ok now that is out of the way let me blunt. This is a terribly coached football team. They have ZERO discipline which is evident by the many mental mistakes that occurred tonight. Safeties let receivers get behind them on a consistent basis, ends losing outside containment, players not breaking down and making tackles (especially on Drew Brees, they made him look like Barry Sanders), offensive lineman moving before the snap, offensive linemen not following blocking assignments (Ghiacic let a guy go through untouched who killed Palmer), and on and on and on...

This is by far the worst coached team I have seen in a LONG time. It's almost as if they aren't even trying. They are making mistakes right now that you would only expect in the first week of training camp. If the offensive line doesn't get any better than this, Carson Palmer is going to be hurt and out for the season by week 2. This will be Marvin Lewis' last season in Cincinnati.

The following image about sums up what I expect for the upcoming Bengals season

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/gallery/view...oto_id=35624119

Do you mean this image? It should quiet those who think pre-season is played for practice or fun.

bloodycarsonsk9.jpg

A rough road is ahead... :(

That is a very rough image. I am quietly wondering if Carson is regressing and I hope that is not the case. The OL play has been the worst I've seen since the Akili/Klingler days. Andrews is looking like the most overpaid player in the league, thus far. T.J. seems disinterested in playing in the interview during the game (in a related note, I'm starting not to like his attitude at all). Simpson, Perry and Blackstock have been impressive, along with Rivers. The rest of the defense looks mediocre to me.

What has happened? Game 3 is suppose to be the prelude to the season. It bothers me that many of the starters were playing well into the 4th quarter. Those of you that have read my posts over the past several months know that I am the eternal optimist but this looks bad.....REAL bad.

Please find a new center now please please this team needs a new center.

Can't we at least bring in LeCharles Bentley for a Physical ???? :sure:

I've been wondering that ever since the Browns released him. Even at 75%, he's better than what they are throwing out there right now.

As far as preseason records go, they mean nothing...but how a team looks in the preseason means a whole lot, and this one looks terrible.