Would you be terribly upset if we drated McFadden?

icehole3

Er, yes. I'd be livid. Even going by BPA philosophy - I'm not sure he would be the BPA. It's lovely that he can play QB from time to time against Skidmark U. Wow, like wow - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawsoooooooooome. He iz da bomb!!111!1

I hope to all that is holy that Jerry Jones' hard on for him means that they make a trade up and end this argument before it begins in reality.

If by some miracle McFadden were to slip down to #9 I would hope Marvin & Co. could come up with some kind of trade with a team behind them that wanted the pick and was willing to part with players/picks we could use more than McFadden. :bengal:

I would term that the "Best Case Scenario" in regards to Cincinnati considering a running back.

It's Marvin's job to be cagey about the draft this time of year. I can't imagine they'd get yet....another...RB. The Dallas idea combat mentioned is the best, and Jerry doesn't currently have the solid personnel guy who can usually keep him from doing dumb stuff. Would the #9 pick be worth both of Dallas' first-round picks?

How about we provide them McFadden at #9, and the Bengals get Julius Jones and the one of their 1st round picks?

Sounds like Marvin's gonna think about it.

This from Bengals.com

Lewis wouldn't rule out drafting Arkansas running back Darren McFadden at No. 9, but also said he hasn't studied him yet.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6654

mobile.gif

Marvin is just playing chess with the rest of the NFL, no way in hell would he draft that guy but you do not rule anything out to keep people guessing on what you will do.

It's Marvin's job to be cagey about the draft this time of year. I can't imagine they'd get yet....another...RB. The Dallas idea combat mentioned is the best, and Jerry doesn't currently have the solid personnel guy who can usually keep him from doing dumb stuff. Would the #9 pick be worth both of Dallas' first-round picks?

How about we provide them McFadden at #9, and the Bengals get Julius Jones and the one of their 1st round picks?

Julius Jones is a free agent which is why Dallas is looking for a new RB. We'd want Barber plus their pick from Cleveland plus maybe something else.

Of course you draft him! You'd have to be an absolute idiot not too. Then again, we took Justin Smith over Ladainian Tomlinson a few years back which I said at the time was stupid. We have a bunch of aging skill position players of offense - both starting WRs will be over 30, and we don't even have a starting caliber NFL RB.

Instread we'll probably draft a mediocre defensive lineman who is not nearly as good of a player as McFadden, and pretty soon all the same fans who were clamoring for us to draft him will be trying to run him out of town saying he is a bust.

The problem is that I don't at all expect him to be there, so the real question is whether or not they're willing to take Jonathan Stewart or Rashard Mendenhall at number nine.

The problem is that I don't at all expect him to be there, so the real question is whether or not they're willing to take Jonathan Stewart or Rashard Mendenhall at number nine.

At #9, you gotta draft Best Player Available within common sense. So no QB. Lets say the first 8 picks are defense or nearly all. Whats a #9 to do? If a guy like Jonathan Stewart is available, all 5-11, 235 lbs and 4.40 of him, I'd take him. A big, fast RB helps both offense and defense.

But if I was drafting, I wouldn't be drafting at 9. I'd have the first pick because I know beans about football and how to run a team so I'd be around 1-15 or something like that. I'd pick Chris Long.

Would the #9 pick be worth both of Dallas' first-round picks?

It's almost an exact match. I actually checked it out weeks ago when Jerry Jones was first rumored to be interested in trading up into the 1st overall pick. In short, they don't have the ammunition to get above the #9 slot unless they package additional players or picks with their two 1st rounders.

Bottom line, if Jerry Jones is really interested in trading for McFadden, and he indeed falls as far as the Bengals slot, then it's a good match.

Of course you draft him! You'd have to be an absolute idiot not too.

Or trade down. But yeah, if you can't, no way you can walk on by...

Perhaps I'm an absolute idiot because I could walk on by pretty easily. To be honest, the idea of drafting McFadden neither strikes me as being idiotic or a no-brainer....just an option that seems roughly equal to many others.

Oh, and put me in the camp that doesn't feel McFadden is head and shoulders above RB's like Stewart or Mendenhall....or even RB's who should be available in the 2nd round, like Charles or Felix Jones.

Of course you draft him! You'd have to be an absolute idiot not too.

Or trade down. But yeah, if you can't, no way you can walk on by...

Perhaps I'm an absolute idiot because I could walk on by pretty easily. To be honest, the idea of drafting McFadden neither strikes me as being idiotic or a no-brainer....just an option that seems roughly equal to many others.

Oh, and put me in the camp that doesn't feel McFadden is head and shoulders above RB's like Stewart or Mendenhall....or even RB's who should be available in the 2nd round, like Charles or Felix Jones.

QFT.

Fwiw, on another general sports board I frequent, someone just said McFadden laid down a 4.27 in the 40 just now.

If so, well, damn. And then some.

Yup. Also, Chris Johnson ran an (unofficial) 4.29, and Jamall Charles a 4.36. That'll all produce some saliva among scouts.