Willie Declares Himself Out for KC

HoosierCat

Anybody think he plays again this season?

Couldn't say as none of us are privy to the needed information and expert opinion needed to make a reasonable guess. That said, Anderson's own comments make it clear that he believes he'll be limited to spot duty for the rest of the season, if not the rest of his career, and if that's truly the case I'd think strongly about placing him on IR.

First injury report is out...so much for that "getting healthy" thing :(

Out for Sunday, in addition to Willie, are Jeanty (still), Kilmer (still) and Tab.

Not practicing were Brooks (who told Hobson he's out), Fanene, Miller and Rudi.

Limited were Step, Dexter and the Non-Dairy Dessert.

http://www.bengals.com/team/InjuryReport.asp

Nah. I prefer Andrews at RT. He is much more athletic than Whit. Just keep Whit where he is. Andrews has experience on the right side anyway. I am glad they replaced Kooistra though. Nothing against him-I think he's a valuable backup, but Andrews has more upside. Might as well lethim play in Willie's absence.

With that kind of Injury report it is EXTREMELY disappointing that all they did to address the ridiculously thin LB corp is sign a Pat's cast-off.

I mean, if Brooks, Jeanty and Miller are out, Marshall is IR, this means our starting backers will be Landon, Dhani and Schelegel with Cory backing them up. We went into the Pats game with 4 healthy LB's and we saw what happened. Now we go to KC with 4.....uh, any questions?

This is bad roster management.

As for Willie, his soldiering days are over, I'm afraid. Stacey better step up, or Whit, or Kooistra....I honestly don;t care who, they just need to pull through.

With that kind of Injury report it is EXTREMELY disappointing that all they did to address the ridiculously thin LB corp is sign a Pat's cast-off.

I mean, if Brooks, Jeanty and Miller are out, Marshall is IR, this means our starting backers will be Landon, Dhani and Schelegel with Cory backing them up. We went into the Pats game with 4 healthy LB's and we saw what happened. Now we go to KC with 4.....uh, any questions?

This is bad roster management.

As for Willie, his soldiering days are over, I'm afraid. Stacey better step up, or Whit, or Kooistra....I honestly don;t care who, they just need to pull through.

It's rare, kingwilly, but I am in 100% agreement with you. And then some.

Really, was Hartwell THAT bad? Couldn't we use him as a back-up LB at this point? Johnson, angry after 15 total yards last week, may have 300 this time around.

I think we are better off in the long run with Andrews at RT ---IF--- he can finally put it all together. He's a freak of nature as a pure athlete, and we could reap huge (no pun intended) benefits from him there....again, if he can put it all together.

I think he has had enough reps now to be a decent football player, but i doubt he's had enough reps at RT.

Still, I am glad they are moving on to develop a new player at RT

Willy - you were great, and you've made the right decision Thank you for a decade of pro bowl level play, and being the consummate professional all along.

I think we are better off in the long run with Andrews at RT ---IF--- he can finally put it all together. He's a freak of nature as a pure athlete, and we could reap huge (no pun intended) benefits from him there....again, if he can put it all together.

Yup. Hopefully this time turns out better than the Colts game last season, in which he got owned.

All these goodbyes might be premature. According to Columbus Dispatch writer Bill Rabinowitz, Willie’s plan is take a little time off, finish the season, then come back next year fully healed. In my opinion kingwilly is right, his soldiering days are over. Willie apparently wants to be carried off on his shield.

“Anderson, 32, said he does not believe the injuries are career-threatening. He is prepared to play through pain this season and return in improved health next year.

"With a full offseason of knowing what the injury is and how to attack it will lead to me coming in better next season," he said.”

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/conte...UR.html?sid=101

Hopefully this time turns out better than the Colts game last season, in which he got owned.

I recall Whitworth getting owned in that game after doing well in all other games.....but I do not recall Andrews being owned that game

They were both bad.

well it's nice to know they're putting Bear at RT - I would think an upgrade to Kooistra. Although I still think Whit is a better tackle than guard, and is better than Andrews at RT. But, both Andrews and Whit are too tall to be prototypical guards - at 6'7" I just don't see how those guys can get out on LB's and get low enough to be effective. They also don't help with the QB's sight lines in the pocket.

I concur with the mess that is the roster management this year - something I liked about Marvin in the past - I just don't know what he's thinking these days.

As for Willie, you have to start drafting or signing some good 0-lineman, on day one preferably, this line as-is, just isn't that good. 5th and 6th round projects don't work out here, Alexander has yet to develop anyone to their potential as I've said over and over.

Just look at the photos from the NE game - not a single Bengals lineman around and at least 3 Pats on Palmer's back shoving him into the ground every other play. Makes me sick.

a.m. update from Hobs...

Not much change on the injury front for the Bengals as practice got under way Thursday. Three of the players listed on Wednesday's "Not Participating in Practice" portion of the injury report (Ahmad Brooks declared himself out on Wednesday) - linebacker Caleb Miller, running back Rudi Johnson and defensive end Jonathan Fanene - did not suit up Thursday. It's beginning to look like running back Kenny Watson may be getting his second straight start in the Bengals backfield in place of Johnson this Sunday in Kansas City.

As usual Curnutte adds a few more details...

Linebackers Ahmad Brooks and Caleb Miller are not practicing today. The team is on the practice field now.

Brooks has a groin injury that has caused him to miss the last two games. He hurt himself early in the Cleveland game.

Miller has a back injury.

Rashad Jeanty (calf) already is declared out for the game Sunday at Kansas City.

The Bengals have four healthy linebackers: Looks for Landon Johnson, Dhani Jones and Anthony Schlegel to start if Brooks and Miller can't play. The newest Bengals linebacker is Corey Mays. Mays will play a lot of special teams.

Jones will probably be in the middle and calling defensive signals. Johnson said he is impressed with Jones' experience and strong personality, which have helped him make a quick transition into the Bengals' defensive and special teams schemes.

In the New England game Oct. 1, end Robert Geathers and safety Chinedum Ndukwe played snaps at linebacker.

This week, a guest linebacker might be John Busing. Though he is a safety, Busing -- signed to a two-year contract Wednesday from the Bengals' practice squad -- was a star linebacker at Miami in the Mid-American Conference. He is 6-feet-2, 221 pounds.

Also today, tailback Rudi Johnson (hamstring) is not practicing.

posted by Mark at 11:56 AM

Nah. I prefer Andrews at RT. He is much more athletic than Whit. Just keep Whit where he is. Andrews has experience on the right side anyway. I am glad they replaced Kooistra though. Nothing against him-I think he's a valuable backup, but Andrews has more upside. Might as well lethim play in Willie's absence.

Whit is more athletic then big willie is and a better tackle then dancing bear.

PS,Busing and Duke at LB are kinda funny because both of them are as big as caleb

More from Hobson...

Also not practicing Thursday after being limited Wednesday were defensive end Frostee Rucker (hand) and safety Dexter Jackson (illness).

There also may be some heightened concern about wide receiver Tab Perry's availability any time soon. His injury was switched this week from a hamstring to a hip, indicating he still isn't over the problem that wiped all but two games for him last season.

Memo to any college players with the last name "Perry": do not sign with the Bengals. You will never be healthy again.

Damn it Frostee Rucker is the biggest waste of space on this planet. This guy has taken up a roster spot and cap space without playing ONE down. This is plain ridiculous...bring in players the PLAY. No wonder this team is in the position it is in...the front office and coaches play on "hope" and "potential" and not production.

Damn it Frostee Rucker is the biggest waste of space on this planet. This guy has taken up a roster spot and cap space without playing ONE down.

That's a lovely and spirited rant, but Rucker was active and played against the Patriots.

I wouldn't get suprised or excited if he or several other players fighting through nagging injuries continue to show up as being limited or held out of practices.