Ray Lewis will complete the 3-4

schnarfer

If we kept all our current linebackers I think we would have enough depth at LB for the 3-4: Simmons, Thurman, Pollack, Lewis, Webster, Navies, Miller, etc. But, we don't have the nose tackle it would require and it would basically put the defense back at square one.

The weak link is Nose Tackle, plain and simple. Not to mention our defensive ends don't cut the mustard for a 4-3 yet alone a 3-4. Geathers is at best a slow outside backer in the 3-4 who can't cover.

Justin Smith a nose tackle? On what planet? Lilliputia? He's barely a defensive end in the 3-4, closer to a SSOLB.

If they switched to a 3-4 with the addition of Ray Lewis all you would need is to trade up in the draft to get Haloti Ngata. That would complete the switch along with getting a safety in free agency.

Have you all forgotten our O-line situation being drastic if we don't resign some of them and this costing a bunch of $$$$ ?? Do you think Lewis is going to come cheap ?? Baltimore is looking for a 2nd Round pick for him as well and we all know there is NO WAY IN HELL Marvin gives up a draft pick to get an aging Ray Lewis. Give up the pipe dream already !!!

WHODEY !!!

actually the 3-4 could work pretty easily, Pollack at LOLB, Simmons a ROLB, Lewis and Thurman at ILB.

Smith plays the only DE spot, Smith at DT and then just draft a tweener DE,DT to play the 3rd spot.( fanane and Powell could fill it up also)

all we need is a S then and we could draft for depth at all the D positions.

ANyways Ray lewis sucks in the 3-4, it's why they switched out of it in Bmore, cuase all he did was complain while in it.

Also Lewis is old, we aint getting him, so move on.

He's so the Warren Sapp of 2004.

First off, no thanks to Ray Ray.

We are really reaching here with the idea but I think it may work.

I think S. Smith can Play NT...Simmons is slowing down and would work well as an ILB in a 3-4. I think J. Smith could be very good at OLB in this scheme

Geathers/B. Rob S.Smith M. Askew/Fanene

Pollack Simmons Thurman J. Smith

Deltha/Body r2 S/Kim H. M. Williams/Ratliff r3 CB/Tory

All this talk about a base 3-4 is so much idiocy. Marvin and Chuck have never coached a team running a base 3-4. Marvin has stated on various occasions that he doesn't like the base 3-4 and why he doesn't like it. This talk is all fantasy, until Marvin and Chuck are fired, becaus it won't happen here before then.

Dude.. Ray Lewis? Come on man.. he's a double murderer who has most definitely lost a step, he's old. This shouldn't even be thought about.

I haven't been on in awhile.. how's everyone doing? I'm still sad over the Superbowl.

Well, you should browse the recent archives Who. You will be amazed at the amount of sh*tsburgh threads and the trolls we've had to deal with. F*ckin' horrible.

Well, you should browse the recent archives Who. You will be amazed at the amount of sh*tsburgh threads and the trolls we've had to deal with. F*ckin' horrible.

Haha I bet.. man.. I hate trolls.. Oh well. At least we have the draft to look forward to Ox!

It's too bad this isn't a fantasy football league. Maybe this would happen with a trade of Kitna.

Wouldn't have to worry about that pesky $10 million signing bonus and two-three following roster moves to accomodate a 30-something LB who has fading skills similar to Warren Sapp.

Yeah that Ravens' defense was so terrible last year, not sure how Ray-Ray could've gotten any protection either. :rolleyes:

I haven't been on in awhile.. how's everyone doing? I'm still sad over the Superbowl.

So is the rest of the NFL who. Outside of the Steelers oriented websites, I'm yet to see anyone else thrilled with the results of Super Bowl Xtra Lame.

So is the rest of the NFL who. Outside of the Steelers oriented websites, I'm yet to see anyone else thrilled with the results of Super Bowl Xtra Lame.

True that Broomey Boy! I've gotta tell ya.. I love your signature, that's good stuff.

i don't think we will go after him but i would not mind seeing him wearing stripes . like him or not the man would help this d become something special.

Lewis staying put

<Feb. 14> Despite reports that LB Ray Lewis doesn't want to play in Baltimore next season, the veteran isn't going anywhere. ESPN.com's John Clayton reports that Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome has no intention of trading his defensive star and fully expects Lewis to be in Baltimore's lineup next fall.

As his career winds down, Lewis has been seeking one more big contract, but Baltimore apparently isn't willing to do anything for him this season.