Doubters/Bandwagon/I'm a Better Fan Than You Thread

Bengal_Brad

What a wonderful day it is in Bengaldom! But I couldn't help remember back to the pre-season and especially the Eagles game. it would be fun to read that again. Predictions were 3-13, "lucky to be 8-8", etc. Certain people (yes, you Spain) were so quick to jump off the bandwagon.

For all those that truely stuck with the team and believed for all these years congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont remember one poster predicting 3-13 or anything vaguely close to that...

I know allot of fans thought the team may go 8-8 again due to questions concerning our defense and what they perceived, at the time, as a tough schedjule..

What good does it do to gloat?.. We're all fans or we wouldnt be here.

Lets enjoy this championship week together instead of pointing fingers.

I dont remember one poster predicting 3-13 or anything vaguely close to that...

I know allot of fans thought the team may go 8-8 again due to questions concerning our defense and what they perceived, at the time, as a tough schedjule..

What good does it do to gloat?.. We're all fans or we wouldnt be here.

Lets enjoy this championship week together instead of pointing fingers.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Here here!

ok, I did some digging and found it. Enjoy a good laugh guys! And I'm NOT gloating...ok, maybe a little. But i've been a fan for 20-years, had season tickets during the Shula, Klinger, Smith years. Only reason I don't know is because I moved 600 miles away. I have been true blue and listened to all the fair weather fans, and all the other teams fans mocking my favorite team.

Ok, I'm gloating.... you bet your F--King Ass!!!! WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=6800

Not to gloat... but this was my post on that thread.

Everyone is in pre-season, so you can't make excuses about no gameplans, because the Eagles probably don't have a gameplan either... but a sound beating in a pre-season game doesn't necessarily point to superiority, either physically or mentally.

I think this will actually work in our favor, because Marvin just won't tolerate mediocrity and lack of effort... an he'll point to this game and remind them that on Sept. 11th, this crap is not suitable.

So, I refuse to make any conclusions from this game. A bit disappointing, maybe even something to keep in the back of our minds for those of us who enjoy worrying, but when it comes down to facts... the game doesn't count. Talk to me when we play like this in a real game. Then I'll help you burn down Cincinnati.

I'm looking pretty smart about now.

Major props extended to that Ackley guy who wrote that most of the posters on that thread sounded like women, and then promised to kill himself if the Bengals weren't a playoff team.

Very weird thread though. Reading it just pounded home the lingering feeling that a very large number of Bengal fans were simply looking for reasons to complain.

Of course Spain and Bax led that thread. Does anyone remember that the Colts were 0-4, including a 38-0 loss to the Bengals this preseason? Are they having a decent season this year?

Preseason = predictor of 3rd and 4th stringers.....and the NFL makes you play full price! Wooooo-Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Honestly all I remember saying is 10-6 wouldnt make the playoffs in our division, Rudi an TJ suck, Justin smth was good, Tory is overrated(one for me), Oh I hate water boy, Im chillin now but the nick sticks.

Wait are you talling about pre-season predictions? Dude you got issues if you remeber that. Wow I dont even know your nick. Im just a fan that has opinions , so dont stalk me troll.

Some people on this board continue to troll me and call me a band wagon jumper. Listen I would like to respond. Ive been a Bengals fan all of my life. Family from Ripely OH. Ive lived in Spain my adult life. Ive stayed up a 6 hour time diference to listen to every game. Had my wife bitch at me(when the bengals sucked) why we cant do something on sunday. 15 years of wasted sundays and you have the nerve to call me bandwagon. Get real retards.

Sometimes a message board can be a hostile place, and for no reason at all.

in fairness, people have had their reasons, many of them good...that thread that was pulled up from the Eagles preseason game, for one...

be carefull what you call people spain it has a habit of coming back at you. The reason you have been called a bandwagoner and the term is used loosely is due to your one min calling the players fit to burn ie pollack then saying were s**t gonna do fook all then when we were playing great your all for the team. Then we lose to pitt and you back off the we are great bandwagon to the were crap etc this is why people lable you as such and get pissed at your useless posted drivel. No one is saying you aint been here for 15 years of hurt they are saying you are behind the team one min then calling them fit to burn the next. Thats why a few people myself included do not like you very much.

The Bengals' looked terrible that night vs the Eagles, people were not happy with it. 1st play from scrimmage - Owens bomb for a TD - what do you expect.

I also don't think people were wrong about this defense back then either - they still stink, just have their moments (insane # of INT's). Can y'all tell me you predicted an NFL record of turnovers by the defense before this season? I highly doubt it - at least I didn't read it anywhere. I'd be more impressed with that than someone who "predicts" a winning record (whoa what a stretch for an 8-8 team) and then "gloats" about "themselves" instead of just aiming it at the team (or at least the OPPOSING fans). I hear radio callers do this all the time after wins on the radio here - so annoying.

Big deal - other than Bax I'm looking for anyone on that thread that said anything resembling this team would be 3-13 or even 8-8. Who are all these "bandwagon" fans any ways? I am not finding them.

I just always felt it terribly annoying/silly that some people feel the need to beat their chests and call out other posters/fans for how they look at winning/losing.

I laugh at Spain, I know he's a big fan - anyone who actually bothers to post on this site is a pretty hardcore fan and is welcome IMO.

But again, these threads/people who feel the need to tell us how much better of a fan they are than other people are just annoying - just stupid. Nothing personal ultimately to the original poster (just giving him some sh$t) but hate to see things turn into this "calling out real fans" nonsense when we should all be just happy and fine about this season.

It was also a game thread -- shouldn't there be some kind of confidentiality that attaches to a real-time thread. I mean, I wouldn't admit some of the s**t I yell at my tv during the game. I happen to know that Spain's been around annoying people on this board and others for at least a couple of years. So, call him a jerkoff, call him a butthead, but he's committed enough to follow the team. Sure, he's one of the resident haters, but we've all got our own style.

I know from long experience that it's no good trying to convince everybody how great a fan you are and how you've lived through the tough times, etc. You either are or you're not -- if you are you don't need to convince some mb punk of it. We all have stripes underneath.

My comment on spains posts:

Good lord spain your posts make my head hurt. Your just a big sack of negativity aren't ya? I can't wait till we score so you can change your mind again.

It's a f*ckin preseason game, geez.

Pretty much sums it up.

If I had to describe the Spaniard I think I'd call him a luvable fugtard. And before anyone complains about the name calling let me mention that despite our obvious differences in character this is also how I choose to describe myself.

One last point. Unless things have changed dramatically since I was uncerimoniously booted, for the 4th and last time, the Huddles board was filled with posters who defined themselves as either Fed-Ups or DieHards, an idea that I openly mocked. Simply put, after 15 years of futility anyone who still showed interest in the Bengals was a DieHard, even if all they did was complain. Those who could rightfully call themselves Fed-Ups were far too busy spending their weekends mowing their lawns, shaving the cat, or endlessly fixing the Ford.

Doubters may remain, but we're all Diehards.