Carson not elite yet

palmermvp

You guys are right about that being a stupid thing to say about Carson last night, I was just mad because we lost and was venting a little. Carson is having agreat season and I'm a a big fan of him, maybe that's why I got so mad about that last play because I want him to play like one of the greats and when he fumbles the ball like that no matter if its his fault or not people will say "See Carson is a choker". Hopefully next week we will be up by alot at the end and dont have to worry about stuff like that. Go Bengals!

He may not be payton manning but he is a different guy who played at the start of the season last year,I agree he isen't elite as manning or mcnabb but hes on the right path.

my only problem with what you said putting all blaime on carson but its nice to see you own up to it because even marvin said it wasen't carsons fault

Carson is an elite qb because most of the analyst's describe him as such. That being said, the fumble was his fault whether ML says it was or not. Fact is you must protect the ball in that situation above all else. Take the sack. Throw it away and get a penalty. I don't care. But you can't do either of two things - fumble the ball or throw it into coverage. You live to see the next down.

Bottom line - neither Brady or McNabb fumble that ball. It's also probable Ben doesn't fumble it either.

Palmer is Elite. I'd need to see some convincing proof he is not. If his current form and efficiency progresses as it has and the bengals win division, he is not just elite but he has a serious case for MVP.

After seeing the play again and again, Palmer actually had the ball hit twice. The first time by the defender on his right, he held on, then from the back he had it hit forward and out. Protecting the ball is key.

I remember Michael Jordan one time in an article saying for every game winning clutch shot he has made there arte probably 10 other ones he has missed.

Let's not forget the game was on the line the past posession and he delivered.

Brady lost the game in Carolina, due to his INT and fumble. McNabb had 2 fumbles and an INT in their loss to Atlanta. So that claim is bunk.

Don't worry about it...I say stupid things when I'm pissed off. At least you admitted you're wrong instead of standing your ground. I think people just expect Palmer to be Superman and never make a mistake. But in the NFL, ALL quarterbacks are going to throw interceptions or have fumbles. What makes a QB elite is if he can come back from his mistakes and lead his team to a victory. I think back to the Pittsburgh and New Englad games last year where Palmer threw interceptions that were returned for touchdwons. On the next series in both games, Palmer took the Bengals down the field for touchdowns. This kid is special and will be a top 5 NFL QB by next year, if not by the end of this year.*

The claim is not that becuase Brady or McNabb also fumble, they are not elite...they are. But that Palmer is elite but as susceptible to getting jacked and fumbling as ny other QB in the league. When it does happen to Brady and McNabb, they also can lose a game.

bottom line: Palmer is an Eilte NFL QB as is brady, McNabb, Ben, Manning (looks like both of them), etc. None are above getting jacked and fumbling the ball every now and again. Some fumble more than others, (see: Collins, Kerry) but I do not put Carson in that group.

BTW, without the "Tuck Rule" brady does not have his first SB, and thats a fact.

When the Bengals' get some better o-line talent some day and preferably a new o-line coach (won't happen I guess) Palmer will carve up defenses just like Brady and won't have to worry about two players smacking him on a game-ending drive where everyone knows he's throwing the ball.

I get so tired of how the o-line and Perry get free passes on their piss poor blocking, yet people want to rail Palmer, the only reason they were in these games in the first place, and the main reason they were 4-0 to begin with.

As we can all see now the defense was a mirage and is starting to come back down to earth and play as expected - below average with too much green and mediocre talent.

"When the Bengals' get some better o-line talent some day and preferably a new o-line coach (won't happen I guess) Palmer will carve up defenses just like Brady and won't have to worry about two players smacking him on a game-ending drive where everyone knows he's throwing the ball."

This is one of the more ridiculous statements I have seen on this board. The Bengals have two first rounders, and two second rounders on their O-Line. Willie and Levi were voted the most talented tandem in the league by The Sporting News, Steinbach is a top ten guard by most "experts". that is three out of five. All in all the Bengals have one of the most talented O-lines in the league, but with a center who is starting his first professional game and against the best D-Line in the league these things are going to happen.

I'm not ready to throw out the o-line but pass protection vs. Jax was not good. Palmer was harassed and hit all night long. That said, there were numerous pass plays where I was yelling at the TV, "throw the ball, Palmer, throw the balll!" Clearly he was waiting for someone to come open long and Jax simply wasn't allowing the time for that. You have to adjust, go to more quick hits, or start rolling out to buy time. I didn't see a lot of that.

Don't worry about it...I say stupid things when I'm pissed off. At least you admitted you're wrong instead of standing your ground. I think people just expect Palmer to be Superman and never make a mistake. But in the NFL, ALL quarterbacks are going to throw interceptions or have fumbles. What makes a QB elite is if he can come back from his mistakes and lead his team to a victory. I think back to the Pittsburgh and New Englad games last year where Palmer threw interceptions that were returned for touchdwons. On the next series in both games, Palmer took the Bengals down the field for touchdowns. This kid is special and will be a top 5 NFL QB by next year, if not by the end of this year.*

IMHO he's a Top Ten QB right now, and before the season ends, he could very well be a Top Five as well!

palmerinsert0xl.jpg