General 2024 Training Camp Thread

I don’t know what that means with Murphy.  The team was counting on him to step up this year and take more snaps, be a contributor.  Maybe he’s out of shape and getting a message.

Hopefully Myles and Ossai log some first quarter snaps in the first preseason game.  Quality DE depth is needed.

I'll really start to worry if Murphy is logging some late 3rd or 4th quarter preseason snaps.   Playing that late in Preseason game 1 screams Margus Hunt role.    Which they need a lot more than that from him.

If I want to follow some of these reporters, what platform would be the best?  I do not have Facebook, instagram, or twitter.  I don’t really have any social media (except Bengalszone!)  which one would be the best to get to follow bengals news/updates, etc?

Myles Murphy got a couple good call outs in Dan Hoard's daily camp observations.   That was good to read.   However,  it sounds like Mims is hard to beat in the one on one pass rush drills. 

It will be interesting to see what happens if Trent Brown gets back to top form because the reviews on Mims have been very good so far. 

Yes, love seeing the positive reports on Mims.  Can never hurt to have another option at RT though.
I think having the vet presence of Brown to start (if he's ready) and having Mims waiting in the wings is a plus.
With injuries always being a concern, I like that situation just as it is.
While I've heard whispers about them cutting Brown if they feel Mims is ready from day one, I think that would be a mistake.
Just looking at the o-line concerns since Burrow has been here should tell them that wouldn't be a wise move.

Seeing as how his one year deal already has $2mil guaranteed, the savings would be minimal.
Just seems like a stupid thing to suggest.

Yeah, cutting Trent would be foolish. If Mims can start day 1, awesome, Brown gets to be first off the bench if either tackle gets hurt. And if Mims hits the rookie wall come December, Trent is fresh and ready to go.

Depth Charts are what they are this time of the year.  But the first release has Trent Brown as the starter.    So it is very unlikely he'll go from starter to cut during the month of August.  

Mims or Brown kicking inside would (I guess) put Volson on the outs?  I don't think they'd go that route but we'll see.

Chase still not practicing?  The Bengals and Zac are pretty blase’ about this whole thing.  

Maybe we’ll, once again, learn the lesson that guys can’t just flip a switch when games start.