2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Traded | Mike Gesicki 1y/3m | Jonah to Cards | Sheldon Rankins 2y/26m | Bell Back | Reader to Lions | Trent Brown 1y/4.75m | Boyd to Titans

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

No worries.   Now's the time for the Tee camp to make the move.   Just like Jonah last year.    IF you are going to beat the $21m of the tag now's the time to do it.  While team's have cap room in March.   At the very least, it gets them a jump on next year's FA.

Just a question if it ever becomes public nasty to force his way out.   I assume he holds out like Bates and then it will be a question of when he joins.

Its a publicity move because the agent don't have to request a trade at all.  Just go sign an offer sheet with another team.  The Bengals can then match or trade.

Exactly. This is the dance that always gets danced. I’m sure he will skip the non mandatory offseason stuff and then show up when required. $22 million is still $22 million.

So lets project and say Tee gets a small bump over Pittman to $24 million per season with us.
Then they turn around and give a $25 million per season deal to Ja'Marr.

That's nearly 20% of the total cap for the season just for perspective.

The only thing we know for sure is the Bengals love Tee enough to give him the tag.   That is a hell of a deal for the Bengals  cash wise.     By league rules they have to spend the cash anyway, cap structure is the only thing they are giving up and they don't really need it now.    They may not need cap games next year either.

Tyrek Hill signed $30m per.   Played two seasons on that deal and this coming season is the first he'll count $30m against the cap.    In his first 3 years he'll collect $72m but only count $50.6m via the cap.

Given Chase has 2 years left on his rookie deal.  They have a ton of wiggle room to play games to get him extended, paid, and not impact the cap.

Tee don't have a lot of leverage right now.  He can play the "get nasty" card and hope that works.  He might look at the reality and come back to the table.    Essentially that's what happen to Lamar Jackson.   But we just don't know what the Bengals truly want to pay Tee.   Given the Pittman deal,  if I were the Bengals tagging Tee next year don't look so bad.

You pay $43/$44m over 2 years?  With the pressure to perform on the player.  If they don't you can remove them from the books after the year. 

Any realistic extension for Higgins they are locking themselves into $70m 3 years and at least $46m in the first two. 

They only lose the ability to play cap games.

some time back, certain folks here were clamoring for Landon Dickerson. 

I said fuckem because of his injury History

so then this happened:  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39707298/sources-eagles-make-landon-dickerson-highest-paid-guard-history

so someone pass me the extra large bottle of bbq sauce

altho......I wanted Creed Humphrey, so I wasnt too far off the money

No one wanted Carman, btw

Sex Panthers releasing Von Bell.    I think Bengals had a 2 year deal on the table and they wanted 3.   Can't remember all the scuttle butt but at least he got 1.

Do he or don't he get a phone call from Bengals? 

In a way, Tobin's hard line on not paying Safeties proving true this off season.   Of course he really could boast if his drafted safeties played better, I guess.

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Drew Sample signed up 3 years.     

Update: 3 yrs $10.5m.  

YOU CANT STOP SAMPLE YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN HIM!!!!

(seriously I’m fine with this.)

Today in the category of “Mixon’s deal doesn’t look so bad now”:

Former New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley reached an agreement with the Philadelphia Eagles on a three-year, $37.75 million contract that could be worth up to $46.75 million and includes $26 million fully guaranteed at signing, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

• Like 1

• HoosierCat changed the title to 2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m

Eh, Stone?  Alright I guess.    Young vet talent.   See what happens.  Like it better than Nick Scott last year but would have perferred Von Bell.   But now we have the Raven's secrets.

Edit: Ravens fans seem upset so I like it a little better now.   Up to Lou to figure out the pieces/snaps/roles etc.

19 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Today in the category of “Mixon’s deal doesn’t look so bad now”:

Its hard to beat the Mixon restructure.   Paying him less than $6m and some of that is incentive.   Then off the books.

Any on paper upgrade to be signed before the roster bonus would require more cash out the door and cap implications for 2 seasons or more.

• Like 1

Good luck Chido.
Not worried about this departure.

Love the Stone signing. Helps us, hurts the Ravens, and with chatter about Dax possibly moving to CB, this is a more than solid signing and at a good deal.

If they drop Mixon, they are flat out stupid. 

40 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Chido to the Titans, 3 year deal. 

SUX

at least Crazylegs is re-signed, albeit for a bit too much money for a third stringer

Love it that we took a productive player in the prime of his career for a reasonable price from the Ratbirds......suck it Baltimore

I need the mem take on this

I didn't see Chido returning unless on the cheap.   With the addition of Stone, givin his numbers I'm not sure the Bengals need to add a body to the secondary.   They can always add competition/upgrade but I'm not sure there is a dire need.

Just more or less interested in how the snaps/roles of the secondary shake out. 

S O N U V A B I T C H

The Raiders ORT signed with the *** damn Giants

F U C K ! ! !

arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh

and it was just 7M a year!!!!  we coulda EASILY topped that

this FO just makes me SO fucking mad

make a phone call or two, jeez

fill needs

starting ORT is need number FUCKING one

F U C K

• Haha 2

• HoosierCat changed the title to 2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Traded | Mike Gesicki 1y/3m | Jonah to Cards | Sheldon Rankins 2y/26m | Bell Back | Reader to Lions | Trent Brown 1y/4.75m | Boyd to Titans