2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Traded | Mike Gesicki 1y/3m | Jonah to Cards | Sheldon Rankins 2y/26m | Bell Back | Reader to Lions | Trent Brown 1y/4.75m | Boyd to Titans

The 4th pick in the 7th round?
Seeing as how we were going to release Mixon for nothing, that's a solid pick if you are targeting those back of the roster or developmental guys that you don't want to risk losing as an UDFA that might decide to go elsewhere.

That's pretty good.   I thought it was conditional meaning they wouldn't get a pick until next year.   Kudos.  

Mixon/Moss?  The reality is Chase Brown is the X factor as of right now.   He's going to have to be the one filling the Mixon void.  They probably just going to divide snaps up differently.  Maybe a draft pick goes to RB as well.

Tobin partially justified with his Bates stance because the high price safety took a dump this offseason.    However,  bringing back Bell and bringing in Stone suggests Hill and Battle aren't locks for snaps so the replacement plan still needs to prove out. 

Given, that I would assume Zac Carter might be in a crunch with Rankins coming aboard.   Not looking rosey with the defender development right now.

Just see how it all melts together.   

• HoosierCat changed the title to 2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Traded | Mike Gesicki 1y/3m | Jonah to Cards | Sheldon Rankins 2y/26m | Bell Back | Reader to Lions

Tart is definitely a downgrade from Reader (at least the version of Reader we had come to know, his injuries might have become a serious issue). Still, they need to get that deal done and fill the void. Can't be letting the trenches disintegrate in this division.

• Like 1

Never worried about losing Reader.  Hopefully they get younger.  

If Reader signed on the cheap, I'd probably be a little disappointed. 

Edit: 2 yrs.  $27m for Reader.   Glad that didn't happen.  Good luck to DJ and for Lions sake hope he stays on the field.

According to a guy on a Lions forum (so take it with a grain of salt) it’s a 2 year deal for $27 million. Given that’s basically the same as Rankins, that suggests the team was not interested in signing him at that level.

Problem is, Rankins doesnt play Reader's position and he isnt quite at Reader's level of player in any case - a tier below.

Rankins will rotate with Hill

We have hole the size of the Crater in Arizona at NT.....Tupou is a FA too, is he not?

Can someone crank up their DeLorean and grab Krumrie for us in 1987?  Thanks

Yea I would say Rankins is a better pash rusher, but they still have a huge hole to fill with stopping the run, something they could not do last year, and just lost the best guy they had who could do it. I don’t know I hate losing Reader, and now they have nobody for that spot. They will now overpay or just grab some random guy to throw in there to stop the run, not very smart.

• HoosierCat changed the title to 2024 FA Thread: Higgins Tagged | Geno Stone 2y/15m | Zach Moss 2y/8m | Mixon Traded | Mike Gesicki 1y/3m | Jonah to Cards | Sheldon Rankins 2y/26m | Bell Back | Reader to Lions | Trent Brown 1y/4.75m | Boyd to Titans