Collins Released

ArmyBengal

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Collins Released

At a guess, I’d say it was wholly financial. They just emptied their bank account for Joe and, even if they can’t keep Tee, have a bunch more FAs next year in addition to him, as Army’s pointed out. This move gives them back $12 million in cash that they won’t spend on Collins this year and next, and $13 million in extra cap space next year, assuming they don’t use any this year and carry it all over.

If Collins was healthy it would have been different but he was reported to be at least 4-6 weeks away. That’s a lot of money going to a guy on the bench and the Bengals are feeling especially poor right now. Always the chance they could re-sign him down the road, I don’t think he will have any immediate interest given the condition of his knee.

1.  Could be some off the field stuff.

2. Could be financial.  Can they roll over some cap room?  They have his dead money split between this year and next

3. He might be washed.  Was horrible early last year.   Competent late.  I don't care how much you rehab its alot of miles on tires.

However, they've missed Superbowls largely in part of OL injuries.   So I hate to see any competent potential depth disappear.