Round 7 (246): DJ Ivey, CB Miami

HoosierCat

• HoosierCat changed the title to Round 7 (246): DJ Ivey, CB Miami
3 hours ago, membengal said:

I would also have preferred something for o-line here. Not sure how this guy has any prayer of making the roster. Would have liked  a flier on IOL for competition. 

ah, we do sorta kinda see eye to eye on occasion

While fully realizing that the occasional late round pick becomes a superstar (yes, Mr Brady, I am talking about you) I look at late rounders for the most part as players you hope can develop into starters 2-3 years down the line when your current starters depart or decline, and in the meantime can play special teams and give you occasional snaps when injuries happen

We'll need a new IOL or two in the coming years, so why not develop those guys now

that sort of thing

14 hours ago, membengal said:

I would also have preferred something for o-line here. Not sure how this guy has any prayer of making the roster. Would have liked  a flier on IOL for competition. 

I actually don’t mind the lack of OL picks. I think that they have amply demonstrated over the past 10 years that they utterly stink at drafting OL, regardless of round. I mean, here are their picks since 2014:

Russel Bodine

Ogbuehi & Fisher

Westerman

JJ Dielman

Billy Price

Rod Taylor

Jonah

Michael Jordan

Adeniji

Trey Hill

Carmen

Volson

Of all those, the closest thing to a success has been Jonah, and even he has been underwhelming. Volson might be the second success, but needs to show improvement this season. I don’t know why they’re so bad at this but it’s clearly organizational. Until they figure it out I’m fine with them addressing oline by signing proven FAs.