75. T Kelvin Beachum - $4.5m per

79 C Alex Mack - $6m per

92 T Matt Feiler - $6m per

Top OL on Mike’s radar:

155 T Joe “Swingin’” Gates - league minimum

179 G Bill “Speedy” Bump - bag of peanuts

210 C Jim “Snappy” High - pays Mike $10 a day to play

• Haha 1

See what happens but you got big deals coming for Jackson and Lawson otherwise you have bigger holes to fill.

Assuming they sign Lawson, Jackson.   Bates is up after this year.     With all that they need probably 10 starting upgrades.

I would easily take a 2004 secondary plan they did under Lewis once Sapp spurned them.   That landed them multiple starters on a division winner the next season.

https://theathletic.com/2321179/2021/01/19/will-cincinnati-bengals-invest-in-offensive-line-inside-the-decision-of-the-offseason/

Summary:   Speculation that Bobby Hart eventually gets cut.    RT would be a FA target(possible big $$).   Repeating the above Lap unlikely to be involved in big dollars for FA guard.   Would like Spain back, maybe.  Jordan potential and several 2nd FA guard targets.

2nd/3rd tier guard that would be awesome, IMO is Matt Feiler from Pitt.    RTs prospects includes Daryl Williams and Taylor Moton.

More and more mocks showing Sewell to the Bengals/being there at #5.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-mock-draft-justin-fields-goes-to-jacksonville-at-no-1-miami-picks-devonta-smith-lands-at-no-3

My opinion still is that if Sewell checks-out in pre-draft/combine workouts and interviews,  he's a no-brainer.  Makes your whole o-line better, your QB better, your RB and WR's better, and allows for more flexibility on the line when it comes to moving guys around, and immediately upgrades the talent level with a starter they likely won't have the cap room for in the off-season.  He also serve as much-needed Jonah insurance, as that guy can't seem to stay healthy yet (AND if he improves next season like Whitworth did in his 2nd full season - you got 2 great bookends and a capable QB who can win playoff games).

Of course nothing wrong with trading-down and getting the #2 OT or IOL or a DE/DT/LB instead, but, if you're going to stay put and he's there, just do it.  

• Like 1

Steakhouse: taking Sewell is my second favorite way to go, with trading down being number 1

I am not 100% sold on Sewell and his year and a half of college experience -- but I am not sold on any of the top ten worthy prospects, so if we're gonna take a shot to me that shot should imo be at OL.

thats even if we manage to sign two top tier OL in FA

Chase would probably be third, then maybe Paye.  Maybe.  Not a Smith fan.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

My fave trade on PFF is 12, 44, and 113 from SF for the five. Can do a lot of positive business with those picks.

That would work for sure.   Very tempting if that would materialize.  It gives them 7 top 150 picks.

If they are having a good draft that fills some holes for sure. 

12, 37,44, 69,106, 113, 145

Edit:  They should have Tim Krumrie call pick 69.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

More and more mocks showing Sewell to the Bengals/being there at #5.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-mock-draft-justin-fields-goes-to-jacksonville-at-no-1-miami-picks-devonta-smith-lands-at-no-3

My opinion still is that if Sewell checks-out in pre-draft/combine workouts and interviews,  he's a no-brainer.  Makes your whole o-line better, your QB better, your RB and WR's better, and allows for more flexibility on the line when it comes to moving guys around, and immediately upgrades the talent level with a starter they likely won't have the cap room for in the off-season.  He also serve as much-needed Jonah insurance, as that guy can't seem to stay healthy yet (AND if he improves next season like Whitworth did in his 2nd full season - you got 2 great bookends and a capable QB who can win playoff games).

Of course nothing wrong with trading-down and getting the #2 OT or IOL or a DE/DT/LB instead, but, if you're going to stay put and he's there, just do it.  

A great situation to happen would be to sign one of the top FA tackles.   IMO,  Moton or Daryl Williams would be a significant upgrade to that position group and would potential to lift that position up to the level of Andre Smith in his prime.

That protects you at 5.   Then if Sewell is there you can grab him (if all the hype checks out).   Grabbing Sewell then gives the possibility of Williams at G.  Or if you wanted to groom Sewell for a season at LG.

But if Sewell isn't there or isn't your cup of tea you can entertain a top WR or trade down.

At the end of the day if adding talent to the line is a priority for them then there will be plenty opportunity to add at least 2 new starting bodies IF they want to between the draft and/or FA.

If we are sitting here at the end of April and looking at the same group as before.  Then that tells you management is happy with their guys (we aren't).  IMO, when it falls apart again that is something you can't lump on Zac or Pollack.  

I think we'll see some new faces on the line and hopefully they are type of faces that look like slam dunk upgrades on paper.

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

so we do actually think alike....errrrr.....sometimes :-)

I've made basically that same trade on PFF but I generally score a 1 or a 2 in the 2022 draft as a part of thepackage

I don't bother with future picks on the trade machine just because...it's useless for the purposes of doing a mock this year. But, yes, in real life, would try to get a future pick too. One of the reason I do so many mocks is to get a sense for if and when trading down makes sense. This feels like a good trade down year unless they have exactly who they want at 5. No reaching.

Here is a note from Matt Miller this AM:

Here's PFF's top 5 o-linemen:

OFFENSIVE TACKLE

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon
2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech
4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State
5. Samuel Cosmi, Texas

Christian Darrisaw is a name you’re going to hear a lot more of in the coming months, and he could even come off the board as high as the top 10 when all is said and done. He earned the second-highest grade we’ve ever given to a Power Five tackle, posting a 95.6 overall mark. And he wasn’t exactly going up against slouches. He faced draftable edge defenders such as Carlos Basham (Wake Forest), Quincy Roche (Miami), and Victor Dimukeje (Duke) and shut them all down.