Roster situation

kingwilly

So we need to pick up a corner and a rb both with special teams abilities tomorrow after they put Jackson and Peerman on IR designated to return

who we gettin'?

Initial guess on the CB will be Chykie

PS will include wenning, redmond, hopkins, hillary, and dean.  I think they'll go to other teams cuts for a TE and skip Lengel, 1 of the WRs will probably be brought back, and I'd guess it will be Russell

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

So we need to pick up a corner and a rb both with special teams abilities tomorrow after they put Jackson and Peerman on IR designated to return

who we gettin'?

Initial guess on the CB will be Chykie

Gotta think Chykie wont be back, played poorly overall. Some street RBs, like Sankey or the Seahawks player Zac something... Some options to get. Antone Smith, too. 

It seems that Dee Milliner must be junk, to now be cut so unceremoniously. 

If a guy like Fudgedealer can be a ST ace, then maybe they won't need another Rb? I think there is some Rb talent out there but are they big on St? 

19 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Think of it like this - right now, with no other cuts, we have two roster spots in essence open, albeit they wont officially open til tommorrow

that doesnt stop you from talking to and looking at players who might fill one of those 2 spots

If it isnt a CB or a RB, I want a C

giphy.gif

While totally NOT endorsing Hunt at DE, exactly who on the roster takes the backup spot he fills ??

Answer ??  No one.  THAT'S a large reason he's still on the team.  There is no one better than him and that is sad.
Might there be on the waiver wire ??  Sure, but is it someone the coaches feel are a better fit for the scheme ??
I'm guessing there will be little to no thought of bringing someone in resulting in Hunt being shown the door.

Better wait to 2017.

Some D-line guys available of note:

Stephen Paea

Henry Melton

Cullen Jenkins 

Cam Thomas 

Kendrick Ellis 

quentin Coples

louis Nix

terrence Knighton 

RBs 

Ronnie Hillman

Justin Forcett 

Mack Jones

Zack Brooks

Stevan Ridley 

Tyler gafney

daniel thomas 

44 minutes ago, GapControl said:

Our defensive line talent really took a hit from injuries this opreseason .

Who would you like they  bring in to help? 

Stephen Paea *signed by Browns 

Henry Melton

Cullen Jenkins 

Cam Thomas 

Kendrick Ellis 

Potroast. 

***Other... 

I would be interested in Aaron Murray.  Most pegged him as an Andy Dalton clone and I would take that from a 3rd string QB.

I always thought Melton would be great next to Geno when he left the Bears, but he's had mass injuries and I've heard he's a bit of a pain in the ass.

Jace Amaro wouldn't bother me either.