Super Bowl/Playoff games discussion thread.

BengalszoneBilly

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016‎ ‎9‎:‎13‎:‎35‎, redsbengalsbucks said:

Come on Broncos, I dislike Cam very much.  He never should have been allowed to play at Auburn after his dad was paid to get him there.  Cheaters should not win, but we all know that is not the case in football.  The Patriots prove that.

Hoping for a brutal Denver D to stuff Superman into his cape and bury his ass at the 50 yard line. 

Yes I am a hater.

Called it.  Cam looked like Super Dud, could not figure out how to attack that D.

I'm a happy man today, sometimes the world is just right for a few fleeting moments..

Happy for Peyton, did anybody else see the camera shot of the Manning family after that last Cam fumble?  Everyone, except Eli was happy as hell.  Eli looked like he was thinking, cant big brother ever just let me be better than him in anything.  Now Eli has to go to a different team and win another SB to get back on top of Peyton.

Yeah, can't help but think what could have been this season.  Such is life huh ??

The other thing I walked away from this Super Bowl with is that I want to see them put more into our defense.
Stop with keeping guys that could easily be improved upon.  Lamur and Peko jump out at me.
Make it a priority to improving those spots through the draft and/or free agency.

This was yet another game where the best defense trumps the best offense.
GO IMPROVE OUR DEFENSE !!!

3 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Yeah, can't help but think what could have been this season.  Such is life huh ??

The other thing I walked away from this Super Bowl with is that I want to see them put more into our defense.
Stop with keeping guys that could easily be improved upon.  Lamur and Peko jump out at me.
Make it a priority to improving those spots through the draft and/or free agency.

This was yet another game where the best defense trumps the best offense.
GO IMPROVE OUR DEFENSE !!!

They have to get better line play.  

The Bengals get pushed around far too often on both sides of the ball when facing the best teams in the league.

Bodine is the glaring weakness on the O-line.  Doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon.  Another Guy-check-Kyle Cook-esque plug in.  The most important position on the o-line and it's filled with another bottom tier player.

I agree with you that getting Peko replaced with someone else is paramount this offseason.  The LB corps needs MAJOR upgrading as well.  

Predictions:

Bengals lose Jones, Sanu, Iloka, Nelson and Pacman to FA.

Bengals re-sign Hall, Tate and Moobs just because you can never have too many OTs riding the pine.

Bengals sign a couple bargain FAs that won't make the final roster.

Bengals use all their draft picks on wide receivers.

Bengals sign Eifert to a five year $60 million extension. Eifert celebrates with a big dinner at Jeff Ruby's place then suffers a career ending rectum rupture taking a shit the next day.

Bengals sign Bodine to a 10 year $100 million deal.

It's been said many times that you can't ever stop trying to improve your roster.
From the outside looking in, it's would appear the Bengals have done that in certain areas.
Get complacent with players that are solid, but not spectacular and hope for the best.

Minus Bodine, I think the offense has been pretty well built and free agency isn't going to ravage them at this point either.
On the defensive side of things, they are sporting Peko at a starting DT spot and Lamur/Hawk on the strong side LB position.

Free agency appears to have the possibility of a significant impact with potential losses on the defense as well.
While Shawn Williams has played better, I can't say as I'm comfortable with him moving into the starters role should one of Nelson or Iloka leave.
I wouldn't mind having Pacman back, but they do have Dennard coming back from injury as well.

I think the focus should be finding an impact DT and LB for the defense through the draft.
With both Thompson and Fat Pat hitting free agency as well, all the more important to upgrade DT.
The DT free agent cupboard looks like few to no upgrades are available.

I've been yelling about LB's for a while now and while I like PJ Dawson, the Bengals need more.
Most of the upgrades in free agency will either be too much cost or get tagged anyway.

It would appear the draft is the way to go in both of these scenarios as even the RFA's look less than promising (as if they would go that route).
So while CB could be a high target, I'm changing up my draft thoughts for LB, DT, and then CB in the first three rounds.
I really don't think WR is far behind in that scenario either.