essexjohnson

Well guys

just when I thought I'd seen every way we could lose they one upped themselves

the hit on Gio fueled their comeback and caused their meltdown crazy

Ever one's calling for Marvin and Hill's heads

I don't see a sure fire head coach out there to replace him

Gio didn't have the best sophomore year either

we had great contributions from the rook's this year

the steelers and the rest of the league would have loved to have a back up like AJM

Dalton sure looks like he's turned a corner

Don't know what to think of Burrfict afraid the concussions might have scrambled his brain

Pacmans head bashing in Oakland was omen of things to come

If next years team gets to the playoffs for sixth year after this, will be the most impressive thing I've ever seen

no one won Saturdays game no way Pittsburg can win after that game

every time we play the Steelers multiple injuries for both teams

sorry I'm rambling

this one really hurt

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

The game on Saturday just won't end, there is so much "he said she said" bullshit being said! It's getting so annoying just ready for it to end now

It's never going to end. Hell, just wait until the first game between Pittsburgh and Cincinnati next season. It's a lock to be a primetime game and I guarantee you the promos for it will be 100% Dirty Burfict, Dirty Burfict, Dirty Burfict. And it will draw postseason-caliber ratings as people tune into see Burfict decapitate someone (which he will) allowing the media to go into holier-than-thou overdrive and the league to tut-tut and the network to make plans to flex the second Bengals-Steelers gang fight into prime time in December.

• Like 3

I love Laps comments last night, why can't Burfict be more like Luke Keckley a great LB without all the antics. 

I agree with this I love his fire, but just play within the rules. He is an awesome player, that makes huge plays for this team, just stop with the bonehead plays!

8 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

... allowing the media to go into holier-than-thou overdrive and the league to tut-tut and the network to make plans to flex the second Bengals-Steelers gang fight into prime time in December.

You nailed it.  Jim Nantz got the vapors and had to be helped to his fainting couch from having to witness Burfict's horrifying brutality.  The song CBS used in the intro montage?  Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting, by Elton John.  

Which is it, CBS?  

• Like 1

On January 11, 2016 at 5:50:29 PM, volcom69 said:

The NFL is a joke, singles out certain players and suspends them, but could give a crap what other players do!

They wanna suspend Burfict that's fine, but I think there are plenty of other players who could be suspended as well but they won't. What a joke!

Right,suh was suspended what  a single game which didn't even stick.

13 hours ago, COB said:

You nailed it.  Jim Nantz got the vapors and had to be helped to his fainting couch from having to witness Burfict's horrifying brutality.  The song CBS used in the intro montage?  Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting, by Elton John.  

Which is it, CBS?  

I called that theme song for the game when it was announced for the Saturday night slot.

http://forums.bengalszone.com/topic/25467-steelers-bengals-ii-pregame-threadgame-thread/?do=findComment&comment=437100

It's likely to remain that way no matter what day or time the Bengals and Steelers face off in any future game. The hate is there, and it runs deep. Way deep.

Well the core of this team is intact. Have to see what the players to be FA want to resign here or not. I look for a couple players to jump to Cleveland with hue. Honestly this team should be a playoff caliber team for years to come. Still going to be facing the same ol questions. Can they win a playoff game. How terrible of a person is burfict? That's going to be the theme. The whole off season and during the season. To much talent on this team to have another disappointing end to the season. How long will marvin be allowed to fail?? After this season. I don't think I'm going to follow this team as passionate as I have in the past. Win a fucking playoff game. Then you might earn back my attention.  

• Like 1

Listening today to Mo Egger talking about entertaining trade offers for AJ McCarron.

"I don't think they could get a first for him but trading him could open up another draft pick that would help out the depletion of the roster due to FA."

Like what?  A 3rd round pick?  A 4th?

Yeah, let's trade away our only good backup in the last 10 years for a box of rocks.  Starting QBs never get hurt in this league.  I'm sure we could use another 4th round pick like Shawn Porter.

AJ was a 5th round pick.  Trading him for a 3rd would put the Bengals right back in the spot of.....drafting another QB with another draft pick and net them +2 rounds gained.  Yay.

Trade AJ for a 1st or more.  Nothing less.  This is where the Bengals stinginess serves them well.  

3 hours ago, Kazkal said:

Would you allow him to go to the Browns for the right price?

Yes, a high round 2 pick would be a great get.  No sense in having him sit the bench behind one of the more durable QB's in the league for his first five seasons.

Just look at what the Packers and Patriots have done for years.  They develop young QB's and get draft picks for them to help keep the team at an elite level.

Last year nobody predicted the team would go 8-0, so I'm going to make an outrageous prediction for next year!

They will hold on to the FAs they deem necessary, including Jones.

Their draft will be the best in the league!

Regardless of the OC, the offense will not suffer.

Burfict will 'see the light' as far as 'after whistle' stuff and tunnel running foolishness and will lead the league in tackles again, like 2013.

The defense will be even better finishing as the number one scoring defense.

They will win at least 50% of their prime time games during the season.

They will win the division again.

They will play for the AFC championship.

:dizzy:

• Like 1

Hi folks.   I couldn't help but see what was going on here after last week's game.   

With respect to the state of your team, here's the perspective of a Steelers fan - keep doing what you're doing.   As a fan of your competition, I love where your team is headed.  Your team is good.  Marvin is good.  Dalton is good.   Your ability to get to the playoffs is good.   Your defense is good.   As fans of the team, if good is your goal, you're there.   As an organization, if making the playoffs is the goal, you've reached the pinnacle.   If holding on to your winningest coach to remain good is the goal, keep going.

If you fans or the organization you cheer for has loftier goals, like winning a playoff game or actually competing for Super Bowl Championships, you're going to continue to be disappointed.   Marvin will never get you there.   Not sure where the perception of Dalton turning the corner comes from.   He's got a 5 year resume under his belt.   You can complain about the calls last week, many legitimate, many self induced, but what about last year?  What about the previous 4 years?

The team is what it is - good.   You've got a rock solid track record of 5 years of this.  If i'm you, I'm pushing this organization to be great and not settling for year 6 of good.   Great may happen with Dalton, but it will never happen with Lewis and will never happen with the way the organization is run right now.  Good luck, but I don't see it happening.  As fans, you deserve what you tolerate.   And you've tolerated a lot of crap for a lot of years.

Lastly, here's a prediction for you - after Burfict appeals the suspension gets it reduced to 1 or 2 games - the hyper-hypocritical NFL will schedule his first game back at Cinncinnati against the Steelers.   Guaranteed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2016, 7:33:26, COB said:

Which is it, CBS?  

And in the latest example of media hypocrisy, espn decides to feature the "top trash talkers" on every team.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x160201/best-trash-talker-all-32-nfl-teams

My only surprise was that "Joey Porter" wasn't the answer for Pittsburgh.