Reluctant Media Finally Starting to Notice Bengals

HoosierCat

The goatee and temples are coming in more gray these days but the roof is still black approaching 50 and I just had to sacrifice another mullet to the requirement to look semi professional.

I'm trying to picture a mullet on this. 11390040_869239549813767_392919337176350

So your avatar isn't that far off huh ??

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm just jealous because my goatee would be filled with far more grey than yours.

It's part of the reason I still cut my hair so close. I look younger with less hair.

And the chicks dig it. Well, at least my wife. That's good enough.

Still scared of people acknowledging how good this team is?

I'm not sure how good this team is. I am sure about how good Andy Dalton has become. And I'm sure about a handful of other players, like Eifert, Green, Marvin Jones, Geno, Dunlap and Pacman. What I'm very much not sure of is a defense that gives up 169 rushing yards to a running back no one on planet Earth had heard of before yesterday. And I will continue to scream about how over-rated the oline is. It isn't bad, mind you, but it also isn't the all-pro lineup it's billed as.

Yesterday's Q4 comeback was amazing, incredible, spectacular, whatever superlative you want to use. Every laurel they are collecting today is richly deserved. But that insert-adjective-here comeback wouldn't have been needed if the Bengals hadn't spent most of three quarters shooting themselves in the foot with penalties on offense and playing defense worthy of a troop of Girl Scouts.

They won a hell of a game yesterday. They also gave the coaches plenty of film to show them. To quote an old camp t-shirt, they have to keep shoveling.

And on an unrelated note I'm sure mem will understand, why oh why did I bother to open Twitter today? I knew what I was going to find, opened it anyhow, and ugh. I swear, Dalton could win 10 straight Super Bowls and go 190-0 in that time and some people still won't give him credit...

And on an unrelated note I'm sure mem will understand, why oh why did I bother to open Twitter today? I knew what I was going to find, opened it anyhow, and ugh. I swear, Dalton could win 10 straight Super Bowls and go 190-0 in that time and some people still won't give him credit...

It's only because it was against an uncommon opponent lol.

Everybody will kiss the bengals ass, but as soon as they lose 1 game or Dalton has a bad game, we will hear same old bengals. It wouldn't matter if they won 11 in a row, they lose, well same old bengals.

Reasons I don't listen to the media or just laugh at the stats Goodberry and some of these other guys throw out. They feel they know what's best for this team, or what's going on in the locker room, but truth is there just like the rest of us, but with no life during football season. So be it, they can say what they want I'll sit here and continue to laugh at some of there posts lol.

I want to punch Goodberry every time he rolls out that bullsh*t stat. Not sure anyone has done a bigger disservice to Dalton.

Yeah - I've actually engaged him today on twitter and tried to call him on his bullshit. He's been a huge offender over the narrative on Dalton.

Just watch NFL insiders, which i'm not usually home to catch.

They mentioned that not only do the Bengals have their weapons back, but Dalton is performing at a level he's never performed before.

They said it was a combination of both and why they all were pretty set about the Bengals place at this point in the season.

Good ??

Media, Shmedia... bandwagon buffoons do what they do. On to Buffalo and trying to contain Tyrod, who is very similar to WIlson, and with a D that is argaubly better than Seattle but far less disciplined. No time for a letdown week. ML must keep the team in the groove, eye on the prize. Hardest job a coach has, preventing a team from buying into the praise heaped on them by a media scourge that invades every aspect of life, with the traditional print, radio and TV media plus, Internet, with social media bubbling over into bandwagon froth spillage.

I keep hearing the same, "Did this game tell us more about the Seahawks or the Bengals?"

Some of these idiots totally dismiss the fact the Bengals came back from 17 down in the 4th quarter.

Yeah, the two time defending NFC champions all of a sudden suck balls.

Want to take a guess how they started last season ?? 3-3.

They are far from done or sh*tty.

Oh I knew that would happen. If the Bengals lost, the narrative would have been that they had only beaten bad teams and immediately fell down when they ran into a good team. If they won, as they did, now the Seahawks suck, are just one blown call from 1-4, etc.

Honestly I think it's good that's happening. Bengals have always fed off the underdog role and are now in a place where they will always be a dog until they win a playoff game.

Oh I knew that would happen. If the Bengals lost, the narrative would have been that they had only beaten bad teams and immediately fell down when they ran into a good team. If they won, as they did, now the Seahawks suck, are just one blown call from 1-4, etc.

Honestly I think it's good that's happening. Bengals have always fed off the underdog role and are now in a place where they will always be a dog until they win a playoff game.

True. A post season win is mandatory.

Never Tell Me The Odds Report after week 5:

% chance the Bengals will:

Make the playoffs: 95.5% (+1.1 vs. prior week)

Win the division: 84.3% (-0.4)

First-round bye: 62.1% (+1.3)

AFC Championship game appearance: 54.4% (+0.8)

AFC Championship game win: 23.5% (-4.1)

Super Bowl win: 11% (-3.7)

Go 16-0: 1.5% (+0.2)

% chance of CIN v. ARI Super Bowl: 7.3% (+2.3)