Reluctant Media Finally Starting to Notice Bengals

HoosierCat

I think it was Steve Young on ESPN yesterday talking and when they brought up the Bengals he said something along the lines of:
This Bengals team might have more talent than I have ever seen on one team.

I don't think he's far off when you consider the talent, but it's meaningless without there being results.

On NFL.com they are ranking teams as to their "watchability" factor. Again the Bengals are ranked #3, so there's that. I'd post a link, but I'm posting from my phone which sucks compared to a computer, so you'll have to find it yourself.

Never Tell Me The Odds Report after week 6:

% chance the Bengals will:

Make the playoffs: 98.6% (+3.1 vs. prior week)

Win the division: 83.0% (-1.3)

First-round bye: 68.5% (+6.4)

AFC Championship game appearance: 58.9% (+4.5)

AFC Championship game win: 30.2% (+6.7)

Super Bowl win: 14.7% (+3.7)

Go 16-0: 2.1% (+0.6)

% chance of CIN v. ARI Super Bowl: 7.9% (+0.6)

I would just like to note the following for the record. For several years now, all we've heard is that Andy Dalton can't win the big game. Can't win on Monday nights, can't win in prime time, can't win in the playoffs. Therefore he stinks, Bengals should move on, future is AJ to AJ,etc.

But now that guys like Joe Flacco, Philip Rivers and Russel Wilson are have losing records, what's the story?

QB W/L Records Are Over-Rated.

:rolleyes:

That's not to say I disagree. Wins and losses are over-rated as a measuring stick for QB performance. Just funny how now that some perceived good/elite QBs are on bad teams, pundits come around.

I would just like to note the following for the record. For several years now, all we've heard is that Andy Dalton can't win the big game. Can't win on Monday nights, can't win in prime time, can't win in the playoffs. Therefore he stinks, Bengals should move on, future is AJ to AJ,etc.

But now that guys like Joe Flacco, Philip Rivers and Russel Wilson are have losing records, what's the story?

QB W/L Records Are Over-Rated.

:rolleyes:

That's not to say I disagree. Wins and losses are over-rated as a measuring stick for QB performance. Just funny how now that some perceived good/elite QBs are on bad teams, pundits come around.

It's a joke!

I like Jon Gruden and think he has a good football mind.

However, on Monday night, when the Giants, on their first possession, took the down and scored, he was calling the Giant offense one of the elite in the league and was giving Manning all kinds of praise, I couldn't believe that was coming from him.

I guess he has succumbed to the joke as well.

IGNORE THE NOISE! Probably sone the best advice Marvin Lewis has handed out!

Never Tell Me The Odds Report after week 7:

% chance the Bengals will:

Make the playoffs: 99.4% (+0.8 vs. prior week)
Win the division: 92.7% (+9.7)
First-round bye: 75.6% (+7.1)
AFC Championship game appearance: 63.5% (+5.4)
AFC Championship game win: 33.4% (+3.2)
Super Bowl win: 16.8% (+2.1)
Go 16-0: 2.8% (+0.7)

% chance of CIN v. ARI Super Bowl: 8.5% (+0.6)