2015 Roster Moves

HoosierCat

she went :blowup2: then :bangin: followed by :boxing: and added a :giljotiini:

• Like 1

Looks like all those training camp vines paid off for Brennen:

3cc624afcded8ac287e8415383313067_bigger.Brennen Warner@BrennenWarner 43m43 minutes ago
Ecstatic to announce that I have been hired as a Video Assistant with the Cincinnati Bengals!

In other film news, Dehner announced today that they have roused Chris Crocker from his couch to do a weekly film breakdown with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yah, details from ESPN:

The Cincinnati Bengals have signed longtime left tackle Andrew Whitworth to a one-year contract extension worth $9 million, a league source told ESPN.

The deal runs through 2016 and includes a $2 million signing bonus and a base salary of $5.8 million, according to the source.

The contract ensures the Bengals will continue to have the stability at left tackle that Whitworth has provided for much of his 10-year NFL career. It also includes a workout bonus of $200,000 and per-game roster bonuses of $62,500, according to the source.

Whitworth, 33, has appeared in 138 games, including 134 starts, for Cincinnati since being selected by the Bengals in the second round of the 2016 draft.

Looking more and more like this is Moobs' last year here.

Wow....I didn't know that Whitworth was a time traveler.."since being selected in the secord round of the 2016 draft"

Don't these guys have editors snymore?

You must have missed the story on his new ride:

https://nerdgirlfashion.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/998909_606056819427225_100965022_n.jpg

Yah, details from ESPN:

The Cincinnati Bengals have signed longtime left tackle Andrew Whitworth to a one-year contract extension worth $9 million, a league source told ESPN.

The deal runs through 2016 and includes a $2 million signing bonus and a base salary of $5.8 million, according to the source.

The contract ensures the Bengals will continue to have the stability at left tackle that Whitworth has provided for much of his 10-year NFL career. It also includes a workout bonus of $200,000 and per-game roster bonuses of $62,500, according to the source.

Whitworth, 33, has appeared in 138 games, including 134 starts, for Cincinnati since being selected by the Bengals in the second round of the 2016 draft.

Looking more and more like this is Moobs' last year here.

they should try to keep him, honestly, but.....this is a guy who needs to always be in a contract year

otherwise, he sucks

so, keep extending him by 1 year and no more

And Moobs has been suffering with another injury ... the guy is almost as fragile as Brandon Ghee ... this time he has an ass-related injury.

Looks like he's good to go today :D

Missed this yesterday but a reply popped it up on my Twitter stream...

@REALPACMAN24: My Boi Whitt just got paid again !!! Congrats

@JoeskiBroski: You're next up!!

@REALPACMAN24: @JoeskiBroski they not gone do it but somebody will

So it sounds like Jones doesn't think he'll be back. The way he's been playing I would say that's a mistake.

Andrew Whitworth signed a 1 year extension

So was drafting Ogbeuhi really worth it or just a wasted pick in this years draft ??

So was drafting Ogbeuhi really worth it or just a wasted pick in this years draft ??

My guess is that they plan to let Moobs walk after this season and put Fisher in his place, then bring Ogbuehi along behind Whit, or some combination like that. That will free up coin on the oline to resign Zeitler.

My guess is that they plan to let Moobs walk after this season and put Fisher in his place, then bring Ogbuehi along behind Whit, or some combination like that. That will free up coin on the oline to resign Zeitler.

Could've drafted the heir to Whits throne this coming draft and taken a much needed LB in this draft ... would've been a lot more useful than a crock warming the bench for 2 years

Would agree, but their success with drafting will allow for me to sit back and watch it play out.

If we end up with a pro bowl level LT, I (or anyone else) won't be complaining.

It was a risk that could pay off huge for them.

There were a bunch of players there, but it's hard to say who will be the better long term player.

You're preaching to the choir, Scottish. Everyone wanted an impact guy on the field, we got an impact guy on the salary cap. With all the FAs they have coming up it's a defensible pick, but you can argue the other way, too: keeping an eye on the future is nice but it would also be nice to win something more than another one-and-done door prize now, too.

Ogbeuhi would have been a top 5 pick this year if not for the injury.

Now he can take the time to heal and Whit gets another year to bring him along.

I'm ok with that scenario.

That's assuming he heals fully

Could we have grabbed a future LT out of the coming draft? Could we have grabbed a LB out of the last draft?

I believe, even however good Ogbeuhi turns out, that we've missed an opportunity to impact the team now, this season, and for the forseeable

I think Fisher is going to end up being our utility back-up at all positions except C and he is the extra lineman in heavy set going forward.

That frees up Whit to remain and Ogebeuhi to take Moobs spot next year.

O-line is the most important group for this Offense,having it be a strength is a good thing.