Andy Dalton....the Rodney Dangerfield of NFL???

gregcook68

Shula has always stuck to his thoughts on particular players regardless of what others may go on and on about.

Doesn't waiver. Good to go by me.

Not expecting anyone and everyone to agree, I just couldn't root for a team that I expected to fail and almost giddy when they do.

I had the same attitude towards Chad Johnson when he became a circus. I didn't hope the team failed, and try to remain a fan at the same time, I just took a break from the NFL, until the circus left town. I wasn't going to hang around and bash him, and I think it was poetic justice when Owens came on board resulting in a 4-12 result.

Shula has always stuck to his thoughts on particular players regardless of what others may go on and on about.

Doesn't waiver. Good to go by me.

Not expecting anyone and everyone to agree, I just couldn't root for a team that I expected to fail and almost giddy when they do.

I had the same attitude towards Chad Johnson when he became a circus. I didn't hope the team failed, and try to remain a fan at the same time, I just took a break from the NFL, until the circus left town. I wasn't going to hang around and bash him, and I think it was poetic justice when Owens came on board resulting in a 4-12 result.

I think what the guys said above is fair. And I fail to see what my opinion of Dalton's current evolution as an NFL QB has anything to do with "what kind of fan" I am. I do wonder why you feel he is above criticism, but I can probably guess what you'd say.

We're stuck with him, I root for him to get better, to not turn the ball over and win games. But I just recognize him for what he is right now, not really interested in making him out to be something he's not. Those playoff games still linger, embarrassing stuff 3 years in a row.

This year's motto is "don't turn the ball over Andy" and continue making plays like you have otherwise. I WILL take FG's and failed 3rd downs in place of turnovers, in Baltimore, any day though. So there you go. Good job Andy Dalton.

Where does Shula ever say he roots for Dalton to fail? Where does he ever express giddiness at the failure of a team member? I read his post that said, "He wasn't very good Sunday but he wasn't bad enough to lose the game, thank god." He's glad they won, glad Dalton didn't blow it.

Quit talking shit to anyone who criticizes your boy. Shula didn't address anything to you. Just my opinion, but Shula reveals a greater depth of football knowledge in one post than you've managed to set forth in the whole library of Andy knob gobbling you've posted in here. Now go ahead and invite me to go root for another team, for the 50th time.

Where does Shula ever say he roots for Dalton to fail? Where does he ever express giddiness at the failure of a team member? I read his post that said, "He wasn't very good Sunday but he wasn't bad enough to lose the game, thank god." He's glad they won, glad Dalton didn't blow it.

Quit talking shit to anyone who criticizes your boy. Shula didn't address anything to you. Just my opinion, but Shula reveals a greater depth of football knowledge in one post than you've managed to set forth in the whole library of Andy knob gobbling you've posted in here. Now go ahead and invite me to go root for another team, for the 50th time.

The only $h!t talking I see in this post came right here. There are always two side to an argument, everyone needs get over themselves and let other people have an opinion.

I am a Dalton supporter, any QB that gets mentioned with Manning and Marino after three seasons is more than OK in my book.

Shula stated his opinion on a player. That's all, then someone jumps in with "you're the type of fan who...", and "Johnny football needs your support," if you can't see who took a regular discussion and made it personal, go back and read the thread.

Maybe you should reread my statement that everyone has an opinion. I comprehend reading very well, thank you. Both posters have an opinion, there is no need to belittle either. Lets not go back to the HOF days, please.

Everyone, back on topic please.

Feel free to blast each other via PM, but I'm tired of seeing it here.

And, in reference to my post above, here's the latest pic of Andy. He looks a little different:

video_photo.jpg

Man he looks bad in that picture. Having a kid must have aged him.

I don't know that Andy is Rodney Dangerfield. What I do know is that if someone wants to point to the defense and AJ Green as the "real" reason for his success, I can point to the offensive line and Jermaine Gresham as the "real" reason he didn't look like a superstar. And that only points once again to the reality that it's a team game. Andy had some ups and down Sunday but overall played well, a statement that could be made about the whole team. I think that gets lost when you focus on just one position. I saw something Sunday I didn't see in the playoff game last January against San Diego: I saw guys step up and make plays.

I saw Emanuel Lamur step up and make an interception in his first start back from injury. I saw Green step up and declare he was going to make a play, and then catching a 77-yard TD. I saw Gilberry step up and end the game with a big sack. Against San Diego, I spent the whole game waiting for someone, anyone, to do something. Make a play! No one did.

They keep making plays and they'll be just fine, even if Bad Andy does pop in for a visit now and then.

Final thought on QBs: look around the league. You know what happened to the theory that "it's all about the QB" last weekend? It took a beating. Anyone have EJ Manuel beating Jay Cutler, or Jake Locker taking it to Alex Smith? Aaron Rogers couldn't do anything in Seattle. Eli Manning got wrecked. Joe Flacco, obviously, didn't win. Tony Romo? Heh. Even when the "better" QB did prevail it was often close. Manning's Broncos barely held off Luck's Colts, and I'm sure Toothlessburger & Co. couldn't get out of the stadium fast enough after nearly falling to the mighty arm of Brian Hoyer.

Oh, and then there was that Miami v. New England game...

The QB is an important player. But it's a team game.