Your 2014 Draft Class

HoosierCat

Grade the Draft!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Time for the most useless exercise in the offseason!

• A - I want to marry this draft.
    • B - I want to date this draft.
    • C - I want to hook up with this draft.
    • D - I would need serious beer goggles.
    • F - I have my standards.

The Steelers think they can solve their cornerback problems by adding linebackers. They think they can upgrade their offensive line by adding linebackers. They have not noticed how suddenly terrible they have become at identifying and developing linebackers.

Ouch. Talk about a gut check.

Now only if he would said same thing about Paul Alexander...Though we didn't draft abunch of linemen.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming to terms with this draft is like decompressing during a deep water dive, have to ascend slowly. If you surface too quickly, you get the bends.

I am guilty of over-reacting to some of the picks. Heck, the Bodine pick looked about as dumb as it could be but now, with the full perspective, I'm happy to wait and watch.

Coming to terms with this draft is like decompressing during a deep water dive, have to ascend slowly. If you surface too quickly, you get the bends.

I am guilty of over-reacting to some of the picks. Heck, the Bodine pick looked about as dumb as it could be but now, with the full perspective, I'm happy to wait and watch.

I'm happy to wait and watch as well. Ooops.There I go again#

We've come to expect nothing less, and definitely nothing more.

You are truly hopeless. The utter banality and lack of substance in everything you post defines you as possibly the most inept fan I have ever seen in here. Feel free to respond with a bunch of smiley faces and dancing banana emojis accompanied by crowing that by my responding to something you wrote, that you have somehow accomplished a victory that no one other than you understands.

You are truly hopeless. The utter banality and lack of substance in everything you post defines you as possibly the most inept fan I have ever seen in here. Feel free to respond with a bunch of smiley faces and dancing banana emojis accompanied by crowing that by my responding to something you wrote, that you have somehow accomplished a victory that no one other than you understands.

I'm truly not here for your approval or anyone else's. But it is entertaining for me to get a rise out of ya! ;)/>

It's no longer Bo Knows Football!

It's COB Knows Football!

You truly missed your calling!

We fell real short of my mock draft expectations.

Or maybe we exceeded them.

Time shall tell...

I was only referring to me thinking they could possibly take an OT, OG, and Center in the draft and they walked away with only one of them.

The Bodine pick is certainly growing on me as well, but that might be due to the fact that we have moved into the next phase of the draft process.

Acceptance. We have no other choice than to embrace the pick and see all the reasons it was really good and how great things are going to turn out.

Honestly, this pick could really do that. I'm in the wait and see, but i'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out with a hopeful perspective.

In fact, do us all a favor. When Marvin retires, put your application in so the Bengals can finally win a SB! Please?

Time shall tell...

I was only referring to me thinking they could possibly take an OT, OG, and Center in the draft and they walked away with only one of them.

The Bodine pick is certainly growing on me as well, but that might be due to the fact that we have moved into the next phase of the draft process.

Acceptance. We have no other choice than to embrace the pick and see all the reasons it was really good and how great things are going to turn out.

Honestly, this pick could really do that. I'm in the wait and see, but i'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out with a hopeful perspective.

Yeah, I understand.

I simply meant it's possible that Bodine becomes an All-Pro, and all the guys you wish they had taken fizzle out of the league in three years.

Not likely, I know. But we'll see thumbsup3.gif

In fact, do us all a favor. When Marvin retires, put your application in so the Bengals can finally win a SB! Please?

What are you talking about? I'm a poster on a message board. I set forth my opinions like everyone else.

Time shall tell...

Yeah, I understand.

I simply meant it's possible that Bodine becomes an All-Pro, and all the guys you wish they had taken fizzle out of the league in three years.

Not likely, I know. But we'll see thumbsup3.gif

Well, that should certainly be the more likely outcome.

If i'm right more than the coaches on these calls, something is really wrong !!!

I'll be more than happy to say how wrong I was about parts of this draft.

:sure:

The back and forth is old.

They are opinions and if all anyone gets out of others posts is that they get a rise out of them, STOP.

It's irritating.

40 draft picks including Kyle Fuller and Kalil Mack have signed so far.

/>http://www.spotrac.com/draft-tracker/nfl/

Given that this year's rookies are already a couple weeks behind due to NFL God-King Greed-El, the Bengals FO might want to think about picking up the pace a skosh...

40 draft picks including Kyle Fuller and Kalil Mack have signed so far.

/>http://www.spotrac.com/draft-tracker/nfl/

Given that this year's rookies are already a couple weeks behind due to NFL God-King Greed-El, the Bengals FO might want to think about picking up the pace a skosh...

Things will heat up. With the draft so late, figured we'd see a different level of urgency in getting picks signed, thus avoiding hold-outs. Maybe Goodell isn't so dumb after all? ....<pause> Nah.

Nice story over at the Spinzone about Bengals big running backs. Lots of power runners over the years came out of the second round. Anyone old enough to remember Pete Johnson at 255 lbs!?! Wish I could of lived through that era. Here is a good reminder about how dominant Corey Dillon was though.

From Hobson : Dillon had nine touchdown runs of at least 30 yards. In the 10 seasons since, the Bengals have had three by different backs.

Nice story over at the Spinzone about Bengals big running backs. Lots of power runners over the years came out of the second round. Anyone old enough to remember Pete Johnson at 255 lbs!?!

Pete is probably my favorite Bengal. I can see the comparison to Hill. Pete was a powerful runner who was a challenge to pull down and who could drag people on his back -- but he needed a couple steps to build up steam. Hill is like that as well. He isn't really quick off the mark but if he can get a couple steps to build up momentum he can run through guys.

Nice story over at the Spinzone about Bengals big running backs. Lots of power runners over the years came out of the second round. Anyone old enough to remember Pete Johnson at 255 lbs!?!

Pete is probably my favorite Bengal. I can see the comparison to Hill. Pete was a powerful runner who was a challenge to pull down and who could drag people on his back -- but he needed a couple steps to build up steam. Hill is like that as well. He isn't really quick off the mark but if he can get a couple steps to build up momentum he can run through guys.

eh. Maybe a little bit? But Hill is taller and much lighter than Johnson, who was a fullback. To me, Hill looks like he has plenty of initial burst. I think he and Gio will be huge this season.

They're closer than you think. Pete was 6' and went about 250. Hill's 6'2" and listed at 236. So we're only talking ~15 lbs. difference and I wouldn't be surprised if that gap closed some after Hill has a year in a pro training regimen.

They're closer than you think. Pete was 6' and went about 250. Hill's 6'2" and listed at 236. So we're only talking ~15 lbs. difference and I wouldn't be surprised if that gap closed some after Hill has a year in a pro training regimen.

Maybe, maybe not. Pete was a big, big dude. But either way, if Hill's game in any way resembles Johnson's, that's a good thing! http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1126221/index.htm