Official 2014 Draft Day Thread

I don't think Hunt needs to replace all of those. Gilberry took 480 snaps last season. Between him and Hunt, i'm ok.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't take a DE if the value is there in the 2nd, only that I don't view it as a "must have".

We will see soon !!!

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Johnson gave them a ton of snaps; not sure that Margus Hunt will be able to replace those

part of the success has been having four strong DEs.

We really don't need replace MJ's snaps Because between Gilberry & Hunt it shouldn't be a problem.

Snaps we need Covered are Hunts(backup snaps) which moch or a day 3 selection can do...I won't be mad if we take

a Defensive End in 2nd just feel like we'll get much better value at another position...

Postilions id Rank as of need

Oline>SS>SLB>DT>RB>DE but it's just IMO.

Don't forget that Dontay Moch and Sam Montgomery are also in the mix.

Well moch didn't quite make it as a Hybrid Backer I still like idea of him as just being Mark Anderson/Robert Mathis type of pass rusher.

So what's the opinion on the rest of the AFCN drafts so far?

Pittsburgh - Meh. I was meh about Shazier at 24 and I'm meh about him going to Pitt instead. Still shocked they didn't take Dennard. He will be a good player but I'm not sure he's a difference-maker.

Baltimore - Mosley was reportedly dropping late due to injury concerns (a knee I believe) but that apparently didn't bug Baltimore. If he's healthy that makes for a scary LB group in Baltimore.

Pittsburgh - Gilbert surprised a lot of people but I think I can explain that in two words: Richard Sherman. Hayden is up after 2014 and I don't think the new Browns regime is interested in paying him $14 million or $15 million a year. As for Johnny Football, he isn't going to be able to rush 150-200 times a year in the NFL without ending up in a body cast. And looking at the defenses around the division he just seems like a horrible fit. But he will sell a crap load of tix.

Don't forget that Dontay Moch and Sam Montgomery are also in the mix.

Well moch didn't quite make it as a Hybrid Backer I still like idea of him as just being Mark Anderson/Robert Mathis type of pass rusher.

According to Moch the Bengals are playing him strictly at DE so the hybrid experiment is over. Good news IMO.