PBS, Bengals fans, and home dominance

101Airborne

Yep, I just checked and it put me in the last row of section 338.

Not a bad section, but I don't care for the upper canopy.

Is it that bad? I was afraid it might suck having to sit waaay up there, but it was that at mid-field or else sit low in the endzone, which seemed worse. I've never been able to attend a live football game before.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been to maybe 5 or 6 games at PBS, but most of them were up high in the canopy. I didn't mind it at all. It was very easy to see the action. My only gripe was that at that distance from the field, many in the crowd seemed less motivated to stand up and make noise.

So the experience is probably more invigorating lower on the field, especially in an endzone seat (for opposing FG attempts and red zone opportunities), but there isn't a bad seat in the house.

It's not that it's bad by any stretch. It's just a personal preference.

You have the lower canopy seating and then the upper and if it's my choice, I would go lower.

Stripes mentioned about people getting into the game and I think that is a big difference between upper and lower canopy as well.

I suppose the section could also make a difference in that aspect however.

It won't matter for me, I'll be losing my s**t just like I do at home. I firmly believe that grabbing the sides of my huge TV and yelling at it like I'm the coach actually makes the team play better, so if I'm sitting in the upper tiers, the guys in stripes on the field are gonna know I'm there. I'm a competitive guy (probably WAY too competitive) and so don't be surprised if you see me getting arrested for trying to pull a Tomlin and make a tackle down field.

101 I hope your section mates will realize the urgency of the game. I doubt anyone will be quiet or will remain quiet during the game.

I hope you can make it. Top section is up there but the excitement of a playoff game is second to none. Last Sundays game felt that way. I can only imagine how amped up the place will be.

And voila! Extension to tomorrow granted.

Bets on another extension tomorrow to Saturday? Lol

Im probably wrong - but I read somewhere that league would not grant an extension unless the team would commit to buying the unsold tix if it came to that.

99% sure this game will be on TV in Cincy.

Wish I could go. Playoff football is awesome.

Im probably wrong - but I read somewhere that league would not grant an extension unless the team would commit to buying the unsold tix if it came to it

No you're right. It's a done deal. Ditto for the Colts and Packers. This is just all theater to sell as many as possible before the team eats the rest. And they will just donate the to nonprofits for the tax write off.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Business-community-spurs-sellout-drive-NFL-extension-to-Friday-at-4-pm/73318da9-1905-415a-b9a7-58da9ab6950d?campaign=cin%3Afanshare%3Afacebook

Several local companies are pitching in to buy up the remaining seats. I think we'll hear that they've hit their mark sometime tomorrow.

Then we can remove that distraction from the game discussions.

The morning paper included this note that was not part of the e-version.

"In the regular season businesses and the team can buy tickets at 33 cents on the dollar since that is the visiting team's share. Since the league keeps all ticket revenue for the postseason, tickets must be purchased at full price."

So the TV guide had it right a few days back huh ??

No one saw that coming.

I still think it's cool that many groups made the effort to not only buy up bunches of tickets but to turn around and donate them.

It is pretty cool they did that, now lets hope they put people in the seats.