2014 Opponents Set

HoosierCat

With the Broncos and Pats winning their divisions, we now know all of the Bengals' opponents next season.

Home:

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Baltimore

Carolina

Jacksonville

Atlanta

Tennessee

Denver

Away:

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Baltimore

Tampa

New Orleans

Indianapolis

Houston

New England

Way to early for predictions but at first glance I like their chances of a fourth straight playoff year.

With the Broncos and Pats winning their divisions, we now know all of the Bengals' opponents next season.

Home:

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Baltimore

Carolina

Jacksonville

Atlanta

Tennessee

Denver

Away:

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Baltimore

Tampa

New Orleans

Indianapolis

Houston

New England

Way to early for predictions but at first glance I like their chances of a fourth straight playoff year.

That actually looks like a tough schedule to me. At Indy, NO, Houston, NE? All very tough places to play. Tampa is improving too. We already know that our division opponents are tough at their stadiums, too.

Things can/will change between now and the fall. Right now, I don't see playoffs. Will that prediction be wrong? More than likely.

19-0 and a repeat

I like your enthusiasm! And I'll have some of whatever it is you're smoking.

Looks pretty tough at parts, but every year taems that were good become awful and teams that were awful become standouts, so no need to even try and use science to come up with a prediction. Instead, wizardry! I forsee 10-6?

I wet my pants when I read that schedule. Then I really broke it down, spending a solid 20 seconds doing what for me is in-depth analysis.

7 of those teams are alive right now for a playoff spot. I think 5 are likely to make the playoffs this year. 11 games against non-playoff teams? 5 against playoff teams? It's not that bad.

• 1 month later...

Numbers will tell you that Pittsburgh and Baltimore are mediocre teams. We know that's not true.

Yes, it is. But unfortunately, that hasn't prevented them from being able to still routinely dominate the Bengals. This is one place I agree with the criticism of Cincy's coaching. The Bengals, especially the offense, always seems to go into games against Pitt and Baltimore tight and scared. We need some coaches on the sidelines who will make the players more afraid of them than the Steelers or Ravens. Again, this is one reason I have high hopes for Hue. After a decade of Sideshow Bob coaching from the booth high atop the stadium, then three years of Baby Gruden trying to figure out the pro game, we finally have an offensive coordinator with a little bite.

So much can happen and remains undecided between now and September for all 32. Draft, FA signings, injuries, just to name a few.

I just googled it and apparently Greg is right, the season doesn't start tomorrow. I guess we should just stop speculating. The Bengals management knows more than we do. Various exclamation points.

So much can happen and remains undecided between now and September for all 32. Draft, FA signings, injuries, just to name a few.

I just googled it and apparently Greg is right, the season doesn't start tomorrow. I guess we should just stop speculating. The Bengals management knows more than we do. Various exclamation points.

I'm glad we could find some common ground Cobster! I'll even go further to say that since we know Dalton is holding the team back and cannot take us to the SB, regardless of who we play during the regular season, who we draft, or trade for, or what coordinators we have, why even bother following them at all in 2014, knowing Dalton will be here for that season??

Besides that, for me, getting to the SB isn't good enough. The Bengals have already been two 2 SBs. It doesn't matter if you don't make the playoffs, make the playoffs and lose game one, or make the playoffs and lose the SB. You're still losers!

I say we take 2014 off, and hope the Bengals let Dalton's and Marvin's contract run out, not hiring either one back for 2015, and pick it back up at that point!!

we know Dalton is holding the team back and cannot take us to the SB, regardless of who we play during the regular season, who we draft, or trade for, or what coordinators we have

uhm, probably best if you speak for yourself and not some undefined "we" -- especially when using absolute words like "know" instead of "believe" or "think" or "feel"

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

1.treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant. Synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous. Used in a sentence: COB and gregcook68 are trading facetious posts in order to alleviate the crushing ennui of the offseason. :P

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

1.treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant. Synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous. Used in a sentence: COB and gregcook68 are trading facetious posts in order to alleviate the crushing ennui of the offseason. :P/>/>/>/>

What off season? The off season will continue right on up until spring of 2015. 2014 has already been decided! Dalton and Lewis are staying!

I was living in a delusion until my home boy Cobster led me to the truth and reality! We all should follow suit! It is what it is.

I mean, look at it this way, if Peyton Manning, one of the best, not only can't win the SB, but gets embarrassed in the SB, how can we expect Andy Dalton to win a SB??????

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

1.treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant. Synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous. Used in a sentence: COB and gregcook68 are trading facetious posts in order to alleviate the crushing ennui of the offseason. :P/>

Wow, a vocabulary lesson. The last thing I expected to see this morning on the site.

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

1.treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant. Synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous. Used in a sentence: COB and gregcook68 are trading facetious posts in order to alleviate the crushing ennui of the offseason. :P/>/>

Wow, a vocabulary lesson. The last thing I expected to see this morning on the site.

There will be a quiz Friday so don't forget your #2 pencils. :)

fa·ce·tious

fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

1.treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant. Synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous. Used in a sentence: COB and gregcook68 are trading facetious posts in order to alleviate the crushing ennui of the offseason. :P/>/>/>/>

There will be a quiz Friday so don't forget your #2 pencils. :)/>/>

Multiple choice or essay? I always liked essay questions, could always BS the prof into at least a B. Just have to repeat his opinions back to him in a slightly different way, even if it is exactly the opposite of what you believe in some instances. At least that is what I learn from my Philosophy course.

I wont be here on Friday, can I get a make-up test day?

Multiple choice or essay? I always liked essay questions, could always BS the prof into at least a B. Just have to repeat his opinions back to him in a slightly different way, even if it is exactly the opposite of what you believe in some instances. At least that is what I learn from my Philosophy course.

You too, eh? That was my strategy as well: figure out what the instructor wants and feed it back to them. I only took one philosophy course, Logic 101, in order to dodge a math requirement. The instructor was a TA from Ghana, West Africa with an accent so thick no one in class could understand him, and he could barely understand us. So we ended up having to write our questions, and he write his answers, on the blackboard. We had two tests all year, both of which consisted of drawing a few Venn diagrams and explaining the difference between "valid" and "true" using an example consisting of Aristotle and cats.

Funny thing is out of four years of college it's one of the few courses I remember...