Bengals @ Ravens Pregame Thread

ArmyBengal

I'm sick of thinking about that Dolphins game and the multiple losses we suffered.

Lets move on to the coming game at Baltimore.

The Ravens are riding a 3 game losing streak, but are 2-1 at home.

They have one of the better defenses and one of the worse offenses.

By the way, the Bengals have the #3 offense ?? Really ?? Nice.

Anyway, I just want to see the Bengals go back out on the road and play a real solid game with some rest under their belts.

If they don't make the glaring mistakes (poor passes, drops, bad pass protection, etc.) they will be ok.

Another AFCN win would go a long way for the Bengals !!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a good summary of the parlous state of the division from Baltimore.

/>http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-11-02/sports/bs-sp-ravens-feature-1103-20131102_1_cleveland-browns-the-ravens-ray-rice

Fun fact No. 1: guess who is the leading rusher in the AFCN? Hint: he plays for Cincy, everyone hates him, and his initials are BJGE.

Fun fact No. 2: what QB leads the division in TD passes? Hint: he plays for Cincy, everyone hates him, and his initials are AD.

A good offence vs a good defence, and a poor offence vs a beat up defence ..... I like the Bengals chances here.

And yeeeeehhaaarrr we've had an extra 3 days rest and preparation cos of our Thurs night game.

Cognitive dissonance, thy name is Mike Preston.

/>http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-column-ravens-1104-20131103,0,2683394.column

This is what you get when you buy into the myth that there is such a thing as a QB who can "carry a team." You find yourself arguing that a guy both deserved elite pay, and isn't elite. Because "elite" in this sense doesn't exist.

ALL quarterbacks require some level of talent around them. Some need more than others, because there are better and worse QBs. But no one guy is going to transform 10 schmoes into pro bowlers.

Ravens won that Lombardi trophy with a team held together with duct tape and baling wire. I doubt you could overestimate the value of Ray and that hobo who is currently robbing Houston. Their leadership, their moxie, yes, I used the word moxie, carried that team. All gone now. Which sideline will Willie stand on?

Well, in the department of It Could Always Be Worse, more tests for Aaron Rogers today...

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/05/more-tests-for-rodgers-as-wisconsin-waits-for-results/

Injuries have just been fukking ridiculous this year...

Sure seems that we've had tons of injuries and with the new rules emphasis on safety, I think the NFL has to consider the possibility that they (the rules) aren't accomplishing what they'd hoped and re-visit this in the off season

A look at the Ravens' personnel issues this week, with Osemele headed to IR, Asa Jackson expected to come off an eight-game league suspension and CB Jimmy Smith battling a groin injury.

In an effort to jump-start their moribund run game, the Ravens experimented with the pistol formation last weekend. The lined up in the pistol five times, ran it each time, and gained a total of five yards.

Takeaways from the Cleveland game include that both Flacco and the Balti o-line are struggling. gee, that sounds familiar...

This is yet another game they "should" win, but I don't have the warm and fuzzy that they will.

Not because of the poor outing against the Dolphins, but rather the fact the Ravens still aren't out of things and could go on a run.

They are on a losing streak and playing a division opponent at home.

NOTHING about this game is going to resemble easy.

It's another tough one. Both squads are beat up. The Ravens can't afford to lose if they want to stay in the playoff race. The Bengals are poised to deliver a big hit to other playoff hopefuls for the second straight week and, I think, are starting to feel the pressure to land the punch. They were tight against Miami and I won't be surprised if they are tight in Baltimore. My gut says it's another who-scores-last-wins game, 23-20, 20-17, 24-21, something like that. As to who comes out on top, flip a coin. It will depend on who makes the fewest mistakes.

where are you finding that the Bengals have the number 3 offense? the weekly release has them at 14th in scoring, and 9th in total offense (average yards) --- note the rushing yards come in at 19th in the league

http://prod.static.b...es/wr131110.pdf

where are you finding that the Bengals have the number 3 offense? the weekly release has them at 14th in scoring, and 9th in total offense (average yards) --- note the rushing yards come in at 19th in the league

http://prod.static.b...es/wr131110.pdf

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total

Mind you that appears to be based on yards, but is listed as "overall" on ESPN.

Just going by that. Obviously, I could be looking at it wrong.

Mind you that appears to be based on yards, but is listed as "overall" on ESPN.

Just going by that. Obviously, I could be looking at it wrong.

we've played more games than many of the teams on that list. After our bye week, we'll drop

I honestly don't care much about the rankings. Just found that one interesting.

Maybe they can help all that with a sound beatdown of the Ravens Sunday !!!

Today's IR from Reedy:

DNP: Maualuga (knee), Still (elbow), Whitworth (non-inj. related); LIM: Bernard (ribs), Boley/Zeitler (hamstring), Gresham (groin)

Whit's on vet rest, Joe expects he'll get Wednesday's off for the rest of the season. But it sounds like he will go Sunday.