Steelers @ Bengals MNF Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ill say this anytime the bengals can beat the steelers its a great night.

However im still not very impressed with the team, bad penalties, offense was not crisp at all, all these weapons I just want to see more. Im hoping it will fall into place soon, and if it does and Dalton can get his accuracy better they will be fine.

Defense flashes at times, but still see room for improvement. Would love to see more sacks, im guessing they will come soon. The CBs I still want them to turn there heads and play the ball I think they could have had some picks or more batted balls.

Either way who cares right now they beat the steelers I love it!!!!!

The Bengals were supposed to win and they did. Good.

It was a beautiful thing seeing the Bengals melt the clock away in the fourth quarter. My favorite play was BJGE's conversion of that 3rd and 6 to pretty much end it.

Bernard and Eifert are awesome.

Dalton was bad in the first half but improved dramatically in the second.

Marvin was only a little crazy with game management.

The pass rush looked awesome.

I love Domata Peko. One of my absolute favorites.

They need to get the penalties under control. Even though it seemed like the refs were missing everything the Stealers did and calling every thing the Bengals did. It always seems that way when I watch a Stealers game. Hate to see what GB is going to do to this secondary, next week.

I hear a lot of Steelers fans whining this morning at work.

I keep telling them to quit blaming the refs and take a good hard look at their team.

THEY SUCK !!!

Notes:

- Dalton had a horrible first half and overthrew wide open receivers constantly. That being said, he calmed down and had a very nice second half.

- Gio again proves why I wanted him so bad in the draft and shoves it in the face of those that thought he wasn't worth an early round pick.

- BJGE needs to get credit for his performance tonight. Just tough hardnosed running in picking up yards when needed most. Nice combo of RB's.

- The o-line gave Dalton some really good pockets most of the night and it was nice to see Whit out there again.

- Rey made plays at times and then I counted three different occasions where he looked to be sleep running out there, off in his own world.

- Can they please work on the doggone penalties ?? For the love of God.

- Loved and hated seeing Peko as the FB. If he gets hurt playing the FB position, I will be pissed. Just bring back Connor already.

- Wow to the variations with the TE sets they were running. 2 and 3 sets moved all of them to different positions on the field. Nice mix up.

- The coaches were fired up last night when there were big plays made. The Nelson pick had all the coaches going crazy on the sideline. Nice fire.

- Maybe not many sacks, but Ben was pressured all night long. I also saw Still and Thompson both getting snaps last night.

- Is there another team getting as much production from their 1st and 2nd round picks from this year than the Bengals ?? Love that combo.

Overall, it's hard not to be happy about beating the Steelers and my work day will be brighter today because of it !!!

Peko was sick on offense.

Dalton was really off, but he didn't turn the ball over and the play to Gresham, on which Andy was buried, was terrific. It's good that Dalton found a way to be an asset

Whitworth missed a key assignment on 3rd down in the red zone.

I've been saying this for weeks, but the Bengals really really need a sixth cornerback. Numbers three, four and five are always hurt, and number two is really old. The team needed to sub out a gimpy Newman in 4th quarter and had... nobody. If Peko is the FB, can Sanu be the need CB?

everybody looking forward to playing Green Bay with three corners?

The offensive line was lights out. They've been great in the first two games, and Whitworth's return went very smoothly. The guy's a pro. And, once again, Collins didn't miss a beat when he got his chances.

I was confused to see Eifert not on the field during a lot of the 3rd down plays. It had me scratching my head a bit.

Bernard is so fun to watch. Every time I saw him on the field I felt a little giddy with excitement.

The two turnovers were HUGE. Our D has been solid for quite a while, but it's nice to see them actually get the ball back this week.

I hear a lot of Steelers fans whining this morning at work.

I keep telling them to quit blaming the refs and take a good hard look at their team.

THEY SUCK !!!

Notes:

- Dalton had a horrible first half and overthrew wide open receivers constantly. That being said, he calmed down and had a very nice second half.

- Gio again proves why I wanted him so bad in the draft and shoves it in the face of those that thought he wasn't worth an early round pick.

- BJGE needs to get credit for his performance tonight. Just tough hardnosed running in picking up yards when needed most. Nice combo of RB's.

- The o-line gave Dalton some really good pockets most of the night and it was nice to see Whit out there again.

- Rey made plays at times and then I counted three different occasions where he looked to be sleep running out there, off in his own world.

- Can they please work on the doggone penalties ?? For the love of God.

- Loved and hated seeing Peko as the FB. If he gets hurt playing the FB position, I will be pissed. Just bring back Connor already.

- Wow to the variations with the TE sets they were running. 2 and 3 sets moved all of them to different positions on the field. Nice mix up.

- The coaches were fired up last night when there were big plays made. The Nelson pick had all the coaches going crazy on the sideline. Nice fire.

- Maybe not many sacks, but Ben was pressured all night long. I also saw Still and Thompson both getting snaps last night.

- Is there another team getting as much production from their 1st and 2nd round picks from this year than the Bengals ?? Love that combo.

Overall, it's hard not to be happy about beating the Steelers and my work day will be brighter today because of it !!!

I'd like to know why the Stealer fans have any reason to complain about the refs. The O-line held at least 1 of the Bengals lineman on every pass attempt and were never called for it.

The biggest reason that the Stealers were able to hang around was the refs calling every thing on the Bengals and letting the Stealers do almost whatever they wanted.

Peko was sick on offense.

Dalton was really off, but he didn't turn the ball over and the play to Gresham, on which Andy was buried, was terrific. It's good that Dalton found a way to be an asset

Whitworth missed a key assignment on 3rd down in the red zone.

I've been saying this for weeks, but the Bengals really really need a sixth cornerback. Numbers three, four and five are always hurt, and number two is really old. The team needed to sub out a gimpy Newman in 4th quarter and had... nobody. If Peko is the FB, can Sanu be the need CB?

everybody looking forward to playing Green Bay with three corners?

My biggest complaint about the secondary is nobody turns around and plays the ball. If they would turn there head there would be a lot more batted balls and ints. They also give a lot of cushion to the WR, would love to see them jam. For as old as Newman is I think he is playing great, maybe the best out there. Yea Kirkpatick got hurt, and they were down to 3, so that is a concern. All in all though they played pretty good.

No I'm not looking forward to Green Bay at all, if the bengals don't get pressure on Rodgers or let him run around, it might be a long day.

Re the officiating, the refs last night were indeed horrible. I actually agree that the tripping call was bogus, but there was a blatant hold on that play that wasn't called, so it evened out. But overall they were bad. The "highlight" was when the Bengals snapped the ball, the play was immediately whistled dead, and then they declared there was no foul on the play! I don't think I've ever seen that before.

But that said the refs didn't cost Pittsburgh this game. Their nonexistent offense did. When you have crap for receivers, running backs and offensive linemen, it's hard to win games.

Re the Bengals I have mixed feelings this morning. I'm happy they got the win, but also frustrated that it wasn't bigger. They ought to have destroyed the Steelers. Instead they had to claw and scrape for every point. A lot of that I put on Gruden, whose game plan was ridonkulously unbalanced in the first half and who seems bound and determined to use Gio as little as possible. Once they got him into the game and dialed up the run in the second half they were much better all around.

Re the officiating, the refs last night were indeed horrible. I actually agree that the tripping call was bogus, but there was a blatant hold on that play that wasn't called, so it evened out. But overall they were bad. The "highlight" was when the Bengals snapped the ball, the play was immediately whistled dead, and then they declared there was no foul on the play! I don't think I've ever seen that before.

But that said the refs didn't cost Pittsburgh this game. Their nonexistent offense did. When you have crap for receivers, running backs and offensive linemen, it's hard to win games.

Re the Bengals I have mixed feelings this morning. I'm happy they got the win, but also frustrated that it wasn't bigger. They ought to have destroyed the Steelers. Instead they had to claw and scrape for every point. A lot of that I put on Gruden, whose game plan was ridonkulously unbalanced in the first half and who seems bound and determined to use Gio as little as possible. Once they got him into the game and dialed up the run in the second half they were much better all around.

It was only a five yard penalty but one horrible call was the encroachment on Carlos Dunlap with about 7 mins to go in the 3rd qtr. DeCastro clearly moved first. You have officials staring at the line trained to watch for this. How they missed it is beyond me but unacceptable for the NFL. Since it awarded 5 yds to Pitt instead of us, it really cost us 10 yds