4th Round: Sean Porter

ArmyBengal

Charlie Campell had him as a first or second rounder coming into the 2012 season.

/>http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013sporter.php

School had a new coach tho and changed from a 3-4 to a 4-3. But he was still productive and played both strong and weak sides. Seen as a bit undersized/underpowered but solid value in the 4th.

Would have thought Chase Thomas having a higher rating would've been the pick but I suppose if Porter is a better pass rusher that fits neater into the coaching staff's system

Would have thought Chase Thomas having a higher rating would've been the pick but I suppose if Porter is a better pass rusher that fits neater into the coaching staff's system

He was their pass rusher in 2011 when he basically replaced Von Miller and had a ton of sacks. Last year they changed his role and had him drop into coverage. I'm wondering if they like his coverage skills...God knows we need a LB who can cover TEs

He was their pass rusher in 2011 when he basically replaced Von Miller and had a ton of sacks. Last year they changed his role and had him drop into coverage. I'm wondering if they like his coverage skills...God knows we need a LB who can cover TEs

Lewis is already comparing him to Howard, so yeah.

He had 9.5 sacks last year

Actually that was 2011 in the 3-4. In 2012 he had 3.5 sacks in a 4-3 but was asked to drop into coverage a lot more, which by all reports he excelled at. Give him a year behind James harrison and he will push for a stating spot.

FWIW from a Houston writer...

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 10m

Texans really wanted to draft Texans A&M Sean Porter, but he went off the board 6 picks before the Texans in the 4th round.

Glad we could deny them someone,Sounds like he will be a play where he's needed possibility backing up all 3 spots,Which is okay with me I still have hope Moch will work out because I really do like his upside for SLB.