Pro Bowl

Spor_tees

I was flipping back and forth between the game and " Underworld: Rise of the Lycans." Lycans was more compelling, and it stunk.

I can't see how the league can keep staging this show. I can't even really call it a game because it isn't. Baseball and basketball have All Star games, but the NFL version is done. The NFC wins by thirty points, and J.J. Watts lines up as WR for the AFC for a couple plays.

It's just stupid.

it is sad that it is stupid to people like you both, your comment show that you take your football TOOOO SERIOUS, chill out and enjoy the game, it is a vacation for those players, they want to have fun. i enjoy the game yesterday because i understand what pro bowl is designed for. j.j. watts line up as wr for fun of it, "FUN", do u understand that word? also there was 1 play at end of 1st quarter where jeff saturday line up as afc center to snap ball to peyton manning, i BET u think it is stupid because saturday play for nfc, but i think it is neat and cool because those 2 play together for so long.

if league listen to people like you and remove pro bowl, i PROMISE you i will be PISSSSSED OFFFFF.

The thing I feel is it isn't a game anymore. Jeff Saturday, an NFC player actually switched sides and snapped the ball to AFC player Peyton Manning.

I understand the feeling behind it, but it renders the game useless.

I'm always glad when a Bengals player get selected, but even that process isn't the same when the player that should have been there isn't due to them playing in the Super Bowl. That's how Gresham and Whitworth got in. I'm also glad when a Bengals player does well in the game like when Palmer was the MVP and Green yesterday with 3 TD's.

It's cool for all the players and the opportunity to talk with the other players at that level.

That being said, I have zero interest in actually watching the game itself.

It doesn't do anything for me. Sort of like the preseason only less relevant.

That doesn't mean they should sh*tcan it though.

Sorry Sons of Anarchy on Netfilx has caught my eye, so I've been watching that non stop so far this offseason. After last years horrible pro bowl there's no point in watching it. I'm extremely happy for the guys that went and it's great to see AJ have a great game, but there's no meaning to it like there is in baseball

it is sad that it is stupid to people like you both,

Yeah, we just suck, don't we? :P

I repeat: the Pro Bowl is not compelling. The player selection process is deeply flawed, the action is half-hearted at best and the outcome is meaningless. I'm happy for the guys who get a free trip to Hawaii and I'm sure it can be useful for younger players to pick up some tips and tricks, but for me, the viewer, there's nothing aside from puff sideline interviews and the occasional moment of maudlin sentimentality (such as the Jeff Saturday/Peyton manning bit). Now, if you find puff sideline interviews and maudlin sentimentality entertaining, that's cool. Me, I found a badly-filmed crapfest featuring wimpy vampires getting killed by giant CGI dogs to be slightly less a waste of my time. As the car commercials say, your mileage may vary.