Pro Bowl

Spor_tees

I saw the article the other day that said AJ Green was leading votes in as the AFC as starting WR. He is the only Bengals so far. Everyone make sure to vote, Atkins needs to make this team. They had CJ Spiller listed as the NFC special teams player. lol Since when did Buffalo switch conferences?

FYI, voting closed a few days ago.

I thought I read on the web site it was open until Dec. 26th. I read it wrong and apparently ESPN jumped the gun. The voting is over and the team isn't supposed to be announced until the 26th. What I saw was the real roster then. AJ Green was the only Bengals voted in.

I thought I read on the web site it was open until Dec. 26th. I read it wrong and apparently ESPN jumped the gun. The voting is over and the team isn't supposed to be announced until the 26th. What I saw was the real roster then. AJ Green was the only Bengals voted in.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/12/21/3792590/2013-nfl-pro-bowl-geno-atkins-bengals

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/12/21/3792590/2013-nfl-pro-bowl-geno-atkins-bengals

Yeah but I think they had it listed as a 3/4 scheme with Ngata as the starter.

In a completely fair universe, Atkins would be getting more notice as a DPOY candidate.

Warren Sapp is the last DT that won Defensive Player of the year I can remember. He won in 1999 with 12.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles. Ironically the next year he had 16.5 sacks and didn't win the award.

I thought Atkins was a bit of a liability down the stretch last season against the run. This year he has completely turned that around and he is far and away the best lineman on the team in both aspects of basic defense. That's the difference I think, and it's what has him performing so admirably in the advanced metrics kept by the likes of FootballOutsiders (compared to what he was able to do in 2011).

I thought Atkins was a bit of a liability down the stretch last season against the run. This year he has completely turned that around and he is far and away the best lineman on the team in both aspects of basic defense. That's the difference I think, and it's what has him performing so admirably in the advanced metrics kept by the likes of FootballOutsiders (compared to what he was able to do in 2011).

Atkins just got tired at the end of last year because Sims got hurt. This year, Atkins is in better shape, and the Bengals haven't even let Still and Thompson be active many of the games. If Atkins needs rest they would let Geathers or Gilberry play inside on third down with Johnson and Dunlap at DE. With Sims back Atkins and Peko are even more fresh down the stretch. Still has played well when given the chance, I honestly don't see why he hasn't been active more.

Bengals D gave up one play all day. Pacman can be forgiven for a momentary lapse.

All is forgiven Adam. Merry Xmas, you beautiful bastard!

Are there any good free agent MLBs next year? How about the Bengals trade their first and both their second round picks to move up and get T'eo?

I mean this with all the seriousness in the world, Rey Maualuga is the worst starting MLB in the NFL. Period. Pat Sims, who doesn't even play every down, had the same amount of total tackles (5) as Maualuga, and actually had one more SOLO tackle than Maualuga. If they put Burfict in at MLB and let Lamur play strong this would be an even scarier defense. Imagine that...scarier.

Green and Atkins are really the only ones that deserved the nod, in my opinion, so no complaints from me. Whitworth makes sense as the fringe vote first alternate.

We'll see if I actually watch the game though. Hopefully the Bengals players are prepping for a different football game in New Orleans that week instead.

have world get dumber and dumber by alot? i see alot of double negative lately in any website, even movies and tv show too. most common is like this.

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117457/article/richard-sherman-pro-bowl-spots-dont-mean-nothing

do he know that "don't mean nothing" is same thing as "does mean something". he should say this, "it don't mean anything to me"