Bengals @ Chiefs Pregame/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I want to see more - a lot more - of Cedric Peerman. I dont really care that BJGE got 100...I care about yards per carry

BJGE was over 4 yards a carry average today so no complaints. Peerman is a good back but his YPC won't hold up over 20+ carries. Bengals need to embrace a multi-back system and get away from the bell-cow approach for now. And they seemed to be spreading carries around pretty good today.

Wow nice job Tate.

Looks like someone got transferred to England. Look up UK Bengal while you're there.

Yes, and it's bloody mental to watch an early game after supper. ^_^/>/>/>/>

Seriously. I'd like to see a pic of you and UK quaffing a pint in England wearing a bit of orange and black

I would have to wear my old tory james top as i aint wearing the palmer one lol

Wow nice job Tate.

Looks like someone got transferred to England. Look up UK Bengal while you're there.

Yes, and it's bloody mental to watch an early game after supper. ^_^/>/>/>/>/>

Seriously. I'd like to see a pic of you and UK quaffing a pint in England wearing a bit of orange and black

I would have to wear my old tory james top as i aint wearing the palmer one lol

How far are you from Suffolk Steve?

1) I want to see more - a lot more - of Cedric Peerman. I dont really care that BJGE got 100...I care about yards per carry

BJGE was over 4 yards a carry average today so no complaints. Peerman is a good back but his YPC won't hold up over 20+ carries. Bengals need to embrace a multi-back system and get away from the bell-cow approach for now. And they seemed to be spreading carries around pretty good today.

I dont think Peerman needs 20+ touches, but I think he can (and should) handle it 12-15 times. 4ypc vs 9ypc. Find him a FEW more touches, eh?

Peerman's YPC inflated significantly by the fake punt runs...

True enough

But even with removing said carry, he ends up at 6.1 ypc

8/75 including fake punt 32 yards

7/43 not including fake punt

43/7 = 6.1

I think he brings a lot more speed and quickness than the Law Firm, and more explosive plays.

He is getting 7-8 plays now, I think he could easily be upped to 10-12 plays, and possibly to 12-15, potentially replacing 5 or more "BJGE dives into the line for no gain" plays

Peerman is a different kind of back that BJGE. Ellis is a finesse guy who studies the line after getting the ball and tries to pick a hole. Too often he tries to make a cut while still in the hole and the pretty much ruins the run. If the linebackers play very close to the line of scrimmage shrinking the distance between the d-line and the linebackers it cause BJGE problems. Peerman on the other hand tends to stick with the play call and hit the hole he is supposed to with a lower since of gravity and more explosion. If the linebackers play closer to the line of scrimmage it is actually better for Peerman because if the line does what they are supposed to, Peerman breaks through both tiers of the secondary and it is left up to the secondary to make the tackle which ends up being 10 yards or more down field. If you study Peerman's runs you'll see that more often than not if he breaks through the line he immediately cuts towards the outside trying to avoid the safeties and towards the sidelines. He has good field presence. I just haven't seen enough of him to annoint him a player that deserves a large portion of playing time yet. 10 snaps a game is fine with me until he proves more. BJGE 20 snaps, Peerman 10, and Sanu & Leonard 5-10 is fine with me. They might actually cut BJGE back to 15-20 snaps a game now that they are using Sanu as well.

True enough

43/7 = 6.1

I think he brings a lot more speed and quickness than the Law Firm, and more explosive plays.

He is getting 7-8 plays now, I think he could easily be upped to 10-12 plays, and possibly to 12-15, potentially replacing 5 or more "BJGE dives into the line for no gain" plays

He also had a 40 yard fake punt earlier in the year. It's literally the majority of his output thus far. I want him to stay involved, definitely, but his current stats aren't very useful.

True enough

43/7 = 6.1

He also had a 40 yard fake punt earlier in the year. It's literally the majority of his output thus far. I want him to stay involved, definitely, but his current stats aren't very useful.

His stats would leave him currently graded as an "incomplete".

That said, there's certainly enough there to give the guy a shot. It's encouraging if nothing else.

To be clear, i dont mind notion of peerman with more carries, just dont think it will look different ypc than bjge. Nothing hurt by trying though.

Well like I mentioned earlier in this thread, the two different types of running styles could help the Bengals to keep the defenses off balance. It's not exactly the normal bruiser and speed back type of running back by committee, but I think it has to be better than what they were doing. If they go with the carry situation I posted earlier I think it will spread out the carries in a way that defenses will have to create multiple formations and audibles specifically for who is in the backfield.

bjge gets his first 100 yards rushing????

Pardon me if I decline to hold my breath on this happening. EVER.

lol i feel ya billy . that's why i threw the ?? on. should have phrased it as a question. but f**k it i said it, so he is getting it !!! mark it down lol!........ WHO DEY !!

BJGE 101 YARDS RUSHING 2 for 2 lol. called it just as i said we would beat the giants!! WHODEY!!!