2013 Draft

walzav29

Our best hope with Marvin not going anywhere is to finish with a top 5 pick and hope the Raiders can net us another in the top 10 of the 2nd round. At least with that, we could get 3 picks capable of actually helping this team. Then again, someone will end up getting hurt and then after getting completely better, have the coaches say he's not ready to play, but let him get snaps on teams.

Even when this team sucked through the 90's, I just knew that was what was happening.

Having expectations sucks.

RB is very high on my list. It may be a 2nd round thing, but we need someone that can make some big plays at that position. We've been missing that component for WAY too long.

It burns that Doug Martin was there in the late 1st round. It burns even worse that all we added was Boom Herron.

Landry Jones followed by a RB and WR in the 2nd, please. We need a QB with some arm strength, someone to take pressure off A.J. and someone who can actually gain yards running. Fix the offense then IF by some MIRACLE we move on from Giggles next year let the new guy work on rebuilding the D.

I'll go with LB in the 1st, RB and Safety in the 2nd, with a speed WR at the top of the 3rd.

That would actually do wonders for my own perspective.

Seeing as how I think the Bengals will be lucky to win another game or two:

1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia (Move Burfict back in the middle)

2. Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida

2. Robert Lester, S, Alabama

3. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee (6,3, 200lbs, 4.40 40)

First two rounds will be LB, RB, and RT, in no particular order. All three positions are actually pretty deep in this draft. It's a perfect year to have an extra high pick. Thank you Hue Jackson, your next Graeter's ice cream cone is on me...the next time I'm in Cincinnati, look me up.

There are holes so f*cking big at both the LB and RB spots, if they don't take them early I would be absolutely stunned.

Your not expecting anything exciting to happen in Free Agency then?

Not that the Bengals have a proven track record with siging FA's but we continually live in hope !

I want another killer DE to pair with Dunlap in the first

I want a middle linebacker and a 3-down running back in the second

I want a two-way safety or a center in the third and fourth, in either order

The other need is LT - take a raw athletic guy with good work ethic in round 5 and groom him to take over for Whit at some point

I am comfortable with Sanu and Marvin developing as the WR2 and WR3

There are holes so f*cking big at both the LB and RB spots, if they don't take them early I would be absolutely stunned.

Your not expecting anything exciting to happen in Free Agency then?

Not that the Bengals have a proven track record with siging FA's but we continually live in hope !

Not with their own FA's and how they typically structure their contracts.

I guess anything is possible, but I really want to see them get Dalton and Green a top end RB.

On the FA front it will be interesting to see what they do about MJ. He's probably going to hit double-digit sacks this year and that will draw plenty of eyes in free agency. At the same time he's not a dominant guy. Still, he's going to get paid, and I don't think that the Bengals will be willing to pony up enough to re-sign MJ, Geno and Dunlap. I think it will be more like the o-line in 2006 when Steinbach, Willie and Levi were all up. They'll go for two but not all three.

On the FA front it will be interesting to see what they do about MJ. He's probably going to hit double-digit sacks this year and that will draw plenty of eyes in free agency. At the same time he's not a dominant guy. Still, he's going to get paid, and I don't think that the Bengals will be willing to pony up enough to re-sign MJ, Geno and Dunlap. I think it will be more like the o-line in 2006 when Steinbach, Willie and Levi were all up. They'll go for two but not all three.

MJ will be the next Robert Geathers. He'll get a big pay day and not live up to the year he is having now. His contract will actually make the Bengals to keep him, even though he will never live up to the hype. He'll soon start losing playing time to a younger player, and at the end become a foot note of the defense.

I look at MJ in the manner of him getting better because of the other guys around him.

Having Geno blowing everyone up rushing through the middle frees things up for the ends.

I guess it all depends on how they view MJ versus Dunlap.

Do THEY think one has more upside than the other ??

Either way, there is always the risk of a player dropping off after getting paid.

If it was a rare thing, it wouldn't always be a source of conversation.