Bengals @ Browns Pregame Talk/Game Thread

HoosierCat

well this is a different team then they were 2 weeks ago, the defense for the most part did there thing, but the offense is some of the worst i have seen in some time. Andy flashes good, and then he sucks, i really had confidence in him, but that is slowly slipping away, he is looking pretty bad in key moments of the game. Well what is there to say its an average team, with a horrible head coach.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wavering about Dalton at the end of the year last season. Looked ok at times this year. But, honestly, I don't see him being a very good QB. He'd make a fine career backup.

How about we give him some playmakers? He's got Green but somehow guys like Peerman and Jones don't make it in until everything is lost in the fourth quarter? Tate is junk and I have not been impressed by Binns. Hawkins is a situational guy. Whalen is just collecting a check holding a spot for Sims. BJGE has been a huge disappointment.

Defensively, I don;t care how much practice time they haven't had, Allen and Kirkpatrick would have been worse in the secondary??

Put the talent on the field, Marvin.

Yep its time let the guys play, throw Marvin Jones, and throw Sanu in the mix, the WRs right now besides Green are not very good. Is the season over no, but considering they have not beaten a winning team, and now have lost to 2 teams that they should have beaten its not looking very good. They are not consistant, sometimes they look good and others they are horrible. They had chance after chance to put it away and they couldnt, offense again horrible on 3rd down, and cant run the ball. Its sickening!

i gave up on marvin in 08, why in the heck i have any faith things would change is a joke on me.

really i think marvin is the problem not the answer. like dusty with the reds. he got us to be a decent team. now time to move on and get us someone who can get us over the hump. earl bruce said, when a player makes a mistake don't blame the player blame the guy that's coaching. i really believe that is the case.

I dont know how they continue to give him extentions. I know he got us to the playoffs, but each year after that his team has been awful. So instead of getting better, they regress and make a fool out of us fans who actully have faith in the team. Yea well screw that, we as fans deserve something better then this, we deserve to be happy, and to actully have faith in the team. The same problems for this team continue to show up year after year, cant run the ball, turnovers like crazy, cant overcome mistakes. It is what it is i guess.

I was wavering about Dalton at the end of the year last season. Looked ok at times this year. But, honestly, I don't see him being a very good QB. He'd make a fine career backup.

How about we give him some playmakers? He's got Green but somehow guys like Peerman and Jones don't make it in until everything is lost in the fourth quarter? Tate is junk and I have not been impressed by Binns. Hawkins is a situational guy. Whalen is just collecting a check holding a spot for Sims. BJGE has been a huge disappointment.

Defensively, I don;t care how much practice time they haven't had, Allen and Kirkpatrick would have been worse in the secondary??

Yep its time let the guys play, throw Marvin Jones, and throw Sanu in the mix, the WRs right now besides Green are not very good. Is the season over no, but considering they have not beaten a winning team, and now have lost to 2 teams that they should have beaten its not looking very good. They are not consistant, sometimes they look good and others they are horrible. They had chance after chance to put it away and they couldnt, offense again horrible on 3rd down, and cant run the ball. Its sickening!

Mediocre..is that what they strive for? Browns were the better team today. Sad

Another thing what the heck happened to Gruden and this offense. He was calling awesome games there for a couple weeks, and these last have been horrible. There is no running game to speak of, so why not run the screen more, why not let Andy throw out of the pocket more, where the hell is the WCO. Im not even sure if this offense knows who they are who they want to be, but they better figure something out fast.

I thought the players were pissed?Weak. What say you this week(? Terrible game. Misuse of green. Gruden not getting any head coaching gigs now. Neither is zimmer.

"We're going to be really, really, really pissed and we're going to talk about just how really really pissed off we are."

GRRR AND GRRRR AND GRRR AND SAME SH*T DIFFERENT YEAR!!!!!

Another thing what the heck happened to Gruden and this offense. He was calling awesome games there for a couple weeks, and these last have been horrible. There is no running game to speak of, so why not run the screen more, why not let Andy throw out of the pocket more, where the hell is the WCO. Im not even sure if this offense knows who they are who they want to be, but they better figure something out fast.

Getting the ball into Hawkins' hands has been non-existant. I agree the playcalling has been not good and stale and terrible..........

Getting the ball into Hawkins' hands has been non-existant. I agree the playcalling has been not good and stale and terrible..........

The third quarter run, run, pass, punt......run, run, pass, punt. Look at all of those 3rd and longs, its horrible! How about mixing it up some there Gruden, how about running some of that WCO he was talking about..just saying.

really i see just a team not executing the plays, drops, piss poor blocking, int's league's worst on 3rd down. talent wise we have some. just not getting the job done.

the the defense playing a with a bunch of cast off and under achievers. it's catching up to the D. besides the d-line the back 7 is garbage. really they let the fins and stains get behind the D at will!! deeper than the deepest WTF doES this team not understand about this.

not going to be able to watch any football news for a week lol f**k!!!

Unless you are Tom Brady or Peyton Manning Colts, you cannot win throwing the ball 40+ times a game. The defense times out your drops and they guess on your pass progressions.

Our offense cannot run the ball. We either fix it, or we are done for the season. Anyone notice that BJGE never runs around either tackle? Our line can`t execute and he doesn`t have the speed. You may as well hand the ball of to the FB every time if you are never going to go around the edge.

Yep fix the run game Andy cant throw it 40 plus times and win it hasnt happened yet. Teams right now are playing pass all the way agaisnt the bengals pressing the WR, and putting a safety over top of AJ, and right now besides AJ the other WR are not winning. So fix the run game, and watch it open to where maybe the WRs will start winning and there will be open recievers.

Everyone is talking about the offense or the lack thereof. Don't get me wrong, they looked like sh*t.

However, the defense just gave up 34 points to the Browns.

Nothing about the inability of Zimmer to field a decent defense ??

I guess you could say he's not working with much outside the front 4, but even that wasn't great yesterday.

This is not a well coached team and a team that lacks talent and/or motivation/leadership.

You simply can't expect anyone here to believe otherwise.

I thought the team was angry/pissed off/motivated/focused after the loss.

The only thing they proved to be is a poorly coached and poorly executing team.

It's sad.

I've lost hope in this team and didn't want to post much yesterday due to my anger.

Now that i've been able to sleep on it and think about the grand scheme of things, this is what I think:

IF THE TEAM PLAYS THE WAY IT HAS THE PAST TWO WEEKS, it will be lucky to win one more game this season.

I'm dead serious in that statement. Crazy how things have turned.

Everyone is talking about the offense or the lack thereof. Don't get me wrong, they looked like sh*t.

I guess you could say he's not working with much outside the front 4, but even that wasn't great yesterday.

This is not a well coached team and a team that lacks talent and/or motivation/leadership.

It's sad.

I've lost hope in this team and didn't want to post much yesterday due to my anger.

Now that i've been able to sleep on it and think about the grand scheme of things, this is what I think:

IF THE TEAM PLAYS THE WAY IT HAS THE PAST TWO WEEKS, it will be lucky to win one more game this season.

To be fair, they only gave up 27 points.

Every time this team has success for a year, the following year they look so lost, I'm so freaking sick of it. This year the offense looks like they don't know who they are, a WCO or not, no creativity at all. The defense just looks lost out there, safeties not knowing where to be, can't tackle, front 4 with not much pressure, Dunlap where are you, guys running free in the middle of the field! This whole team is lost! Should we really expect anything more from a Marvin Lewis team, we havnt for 11 years now why start now!

It's sad.

To be fair, they only gave up 27 points.

Oh yeah, how did I forget about the pick 6 ??

Allow me to rephrase:

However, the defense just gave up 27 points to the Browns.