Bengals @ Redskins Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

Anybody else here hoping to see less of the heaving the ball down field and more controlled WC offense in the next game?

I'm sick of watching an incomplete pass on third and short that was thrown 25-30 yards down field. Why not use some shorter routes when all you need is a few yards to keep a drive alive and give the defense some time to catch a breather. Seemed to me like they might have converted a couple of third downs during the Browns game out of 10-12 attempts, that is pathetic. This is a big reason the defense looks so bad, the offense has been leaving opportunities on the field. Gruden needs to return to his roots and quit channelling Brat during anxious moments.

I'm just as concerned about the offensive playcalling as I am about the lack of defensive stops during the Browns game.

Again BJGE looks like a big upgrade after 2 games, hope that continues all season. I still wish they would get Leonard some more touches, he always produces when given a chance.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's play the "Can you spot the new name on the injury list" game:

from a reedy tweet today

#bengals DNP: Kirkpatrick (knee); LIM: Geathers (groin), Hall (calf), Lee (thigh), Zeitler (hip), Miles (hip); FULL: Allen, Dunlap, Scott

of course he is. :frustrated:

Who is the back-up right G?

I'm not trying to be negative, but unless we learn how to cover wr's in a hurry and learn how to tackle, we're going to be in for a long day!

There problem is not all covering, they have a big problem with play action, and a bigger problem is the front 7 not generating pressure. I agree about tackling, but the need to play faster, smarter, and more physical.

The play of the secondary has been horrible. You can't really even argue that.

However, with absolutely ZERO pass rush, those guys look even worse.

Hopefully Dunlap coming back helps in that department.

I can't help but wonder the outcome of that Ravens game had the secondary caught the Flacco throws that hit them right in the freakin' hands? Those plays will happen though and maybe an improved pass rush gives them more opportunities.

Haven't bothered to look, but has Sanu been inactive ??

The play of the secondary has been horrible. You can't really even argue that.

However, with absolutely ZERO pass rush, those guys look even worse.

Hopefully Dunlap coming back helps in that department.

I can't help but wonder the outcome of that Ravens game had the secondary caught the Flacco throws that hit them right in the freakin' hands? Those plays will happen though and maybe an improved pass rush gives them more opportunities.

Haven't bothered to look, but has Sanu been inactive ??

No Sanu has been active, but has not been in to play.

This is a pretty good thread. The yip-yip alien is priceless.

/>http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?370399-Bengals-Look-a-Like-Thread

LOL LOL thats pretty funny. Andy Dalton as that kid from a Christmas Story one of my favortite movies.

LOL. Thanks for posting -- I needed that. I may change my avatar to that inbred tiger picture. I'm still laughing...

This is a pretty good thread. The yip-yip alien is priceless.

/>http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?370399-Bengals-Look-a-Like-Thread

LOL LOL thats pretty funny. Andy Dalton as that kid from a Christmas Story one of my favortite movies.

LOL. Thanks for posting -- I needed that. I may change my avatar to that inbred tiger picture. I'm still laughing...

Holy fark, those are downright awesome!!!!

We need to dig into their roster/staff! Rally the troops.

Dre tweeted "Keep getting bad news" - I hope its not about his injury.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I'm starting to wonder whether we're going to see him at all.

Back at the end of July when word of the injury first broke, we were told the Bengals had looked at it a couple weeks before and deemed it no big deal.

When camp started, word was he would be out four weeks, tops. Sure enough, in mid-August Dre was cleared to practice. But that only lasted a few days before he was shut down with "soreness" and was subsequently said to have had a "setback."

That was about a month ago. So now here we are at least 10 weeks into this injury and there's no announced timetable for him to get on the field. At least to me, this is starting to feel like another "Chris Perry sports hernia" debacle.

Yup, we'll have to find some pics!

In Bengals news, per Reedy Hall not practicing today. That said he and Dre appear to be the only ones not on the field.

Hall has looked quite average so far. Maybe Allen can provide a bit more spark.

I am hoping Allen plays good as well, but I want get my hopes up.

I have to wonder if they are holding Hall out of practice so he dosnt over due it, guess we will see.

I also hope the DE Gillberry proves out to be good like he was in 2010.

Dre tweeted "Keep getting bad news" - I hope its not about his injury.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I'm starting to wonder whether we're going to see him at all.

Back at the end of July when word of the injury first broke, we were told the Bengals had looked at it a couple weeks before and deemed it no big deal.

When camp started, word was he would be out four weeks, tops. Sure enough, in mid-August Dre was cleared to practice. But that only lasted a few days before he was shut down with "soreness" and was subsequently said to have had a "setback."

That was about a month ago. So now here we are at least 10 weeks into this injury and there's no announced timetable for him to get on the field. At least to me, this is starting to feel like another "Chris Perry sports hernia" debacle.

...or another Ethan Kilmer strained mangina ligament.