Bengals @ Ravens Pregame Chatter/Game Thread!

HoosierCat

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernard Scott out for this game. I can't believe that we didn't press harder on acquiring a RB on cut day. Our RB core is not very good at all.

Bernard Scott being in or out of the game doesn't make out RB corps any better or worse.

He's been marginal at best and mostly disappointing.

I wouldn't even say that Peerman getting Scott's share of snaps would turn out any worse.

Seriously.

It does hurt, based on depth. Leonard and Peerman appear capable but he's not in football shape, so maybe they should ae PUP'd him and brought in another quality back.

I didn't mention depth, but sure it hurts the depth.

Seeing as how I don't think much of him, I still can't say as I care.

I guess mediocre depth is better than no depth huh ??

Bernard Scott out for this game. I can't believe that we didn't press harder on acquiring a RB on cut day. Our RB core is not very good at all.

Bernard Scott being in or out of the game doesn't make out RB corps any better or worse.

I wouldn't even say that Peerman getting Scott's share of snaps would turn out any worse.

Seriously.

It does hurt, based on depth. Leonard and Peerman appear capable but he's not in football shape, so maybe they should ae PUP'd him and brought in another quality back.

It does hurt. Scott is mediocre, but Peerman is awful. I don't feel comfortable with him potentially getting carries against Baltimore. Or, what if Green-Ellis gets injured?

Seriously.

Or, what if Green-Ellis gets injured?

Then we are more f*cked than we already are.

Im really anxious to see what BJGE can do on Monday. Im not really sure what to expect from him, but i have not been a fan of B. Scott, he has really showed us nothing. Thats why i cant believe they didnt draft a guy like Turbin who i wanted them too, but for some reason they really like Scott. I understand he is fast, but he tip toes all the time behind the line and never hits the hole with burst. I hope that changes but i dont expect much from him, but i hope he proves me wrong.

Im really anxious to see what BJGE can do on Monday.

I'm thinking he'll rack up 40 yards. Maybe.

LOL typical bengals yards agaisnt the Ravens and Steelers LOL.

Typical yards against the Ravens and Steelers by ANY team.

If BJGE has that type of a day, it would be about par for the course.

I also don't think it would be a huge indicator of much.

The other thing that can't be forgotten about BJGE is that he has never been that explosive back I think we would all love to see in stripes. He's known to be a great redzone back with a nose for the goal line that has great ball security. I will take that, but my concern is that he won't have that same success behind THIS o-line.

Again, time will tell.

On twitter today Reedy didn't sound all that positive about Dunlap getting back for the opener.

If he has to miss some games, I suppose it's better now, during the "easier" part of the schedule.

Allen was back but he was limited. Same for Lee.

Reedy did say though it is possible for him to play against Clevland. No way he plays on Monday though.

I came here to talk mad smack and all you Bengals fans are sitting here with realistic expectations. Where is the fun in that?

Arizona. I thought you'd show up sooner or later. Long time no see. As far as expectations, every team has theirs. Your Ravens aging defense against our young offense. Your potent offense against what I perceive as as a defense in termoil.

Let it be a good game.

I came here to talk mad smack and all you Bengals fans are sitting here with realistic expectations. Where is the fun in that?

Arizona. I thought you'd show up sooner or later. Long time no see. As far as expectations, every team has theirs. Your Ravens aging defense against our young offense. Your potent offense against what I perceive as as a defense in termoil.

Let it be a good game.

I think its a defense with a unknown secondary, that is pretty old and filled with guys that nobody wants. Zim seems to really like them, but I'm not to sure. There needs to be consistant pressure otherwise the secondary might get burnt. I hope they prove me wrong.

I watched AFC Playbook on the NFL Network last night. It was clear that the Ravens are playing the Washington Generals on Monday night. Maybe it was the Bengals, not sure. All I saw was a breakdown on the Ravens "new" offense and how uber cool it was in the preseason.

So, the Generals, er I mean the Bengals, have no shot at winning Monday night. It makes sense however, seeing as how they had a losing record last season, didn't make the playoffs, and finished in last place I think.

I'll take the Ravens too. 72-0.