CIN v ATL Game thread

kingwilly

Anyone notice the other game?

Cleveland 32 - GB 7

:huh:

Yep Rodgers didnt play much at all threw a TD and that was it.

Weeden played pretty much of the first half or maybe the only first half.

I dont think i put much into it, i think the browns killed greenbay a couple a years ago in the preseason, but didnt do much.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All right guys so a couple of things to worry about:

Running game, needs to get better, hope thats something they see

O-line needs to block alittle better, i was glad to see they were in the whole half to help gel some.

Taylor Mays needs to learn how to tackle, or start playing Miles more

Im hoping that all the CBs come back healthy soon, didnt think they looked all that great tonight. Without pressure it really exposed them.

All in all i was happy with the TD, and happy to see the arm strength looked really good tonight. So alot of work yet, glad its still preseason, and im really hoping they can get that running game going.

Marvin Jones needs to make the roster and this team needs to seriously rethink the Hawkins/Tate lovin'. He is the only the guy on the WR corps outside of Green making plays - he deserves to get some #1 snaps next week. There is no one else doing anything downfield 1-on-1. If he is relegated to the PS I'll be pissed.

The o-line looked terrible.

The rest was pretty predictable and the defense is just hard to judge with so many starters out.

I like ones and Binns! I also like our 3ed string QB better than our 2nd string!! What I hooe doesn't happen this season happened last night and it happened a lot last season. (Yes i know we didn't have our starters in). At theend of the game, we're up by a few points and instead of trying to get 1st downs and run the clock out, we seem to always go three and out and give the other team a chance to wither tie the game or get a head of us with littlw to no time on the clock.

I like ones and Binns! I also like our 3ed string QB better than our 2nd string!! What I hooe doesn't happen this season happened last night and it happened a lot last season. (Yes i know we didn't have our starters in). At theend of the game, we're up by a few points and instead of trying to get 1st downs and run the clock out, we seem to always go three and out and give the other team a chance to wither tie the game or get a head of us with littlw to no time on the clock.

Could not agree more. Binns is a stud, and our 3rd string QB should possibly

move up to 2nd string. Marvin has a tendency to play not to lose at the end of games, instead of playing to win.

I watched into the 4th quarter and went to sleep with one thought on my mind.

That was one of the blandest games I have watched.

There wasn't much special that the Bengals tried to do on either side of the ball. It looked like they were just using the game to work some things out without much concern for the score. They dialed things back on the defensive side of the ball and there wasn't much fire from the team overall. I yawned a lot watching this game.

That being said, i'm not concerned with anything I watched outside of Mays crushing our players with his reckless play. Bring that when you are blasting the guy, but when it's a group tackle, just get the guy down without knocking our own player the f*ck out. Isn't Mark Carrier coaching back there as well ?? Certainly he can't be teaching him this sh*t ?? Get your f*cking head up Mays.

One more thing, I said it a while back and think it bears repeating. There's not much to worry about with who our #2 WR is. His name is Gresham. Everyone else will be competing after Green and him get their targets. If Gresham goes down, it's another story, but I still have a ton of faith in the ability of the guys we have here.

From the moment Marvin Jones was drafted, he was making this team. There is simply no way the Bengals expose him by trying to place him on the practice squad. Another team would pick him up so quick, it would be ridiculous. Most had Jones as a 3rd round type talent and called him one of the steals of the draft. The Bengals will NOT let him get away, but I agree with getting him some snaps earlier in the game.

Marvin Jones needs to make the roster and this team needs to seriously rethink the Hawkins/Tate lovin'. He is the only the guy on the WR corps outside of Green making plays - he deserves to get some #1 snaps next week. There is no one else doing anything downfield 1-on-1. If he is relegated to the PS I'll be pissed.

The rest was pretty predictable and the defense is just hard to judge with so many starters out.

There's no way Jones even gets cut in order to exposes him to the PS. He'd be snatched up by someone else.

Taylor Mays isn't the answer at Safety. Still bad in coverage. I don't even think that Zim can change that. Hopefully we can pick up a safety and RB on cut day.

Yea I thought the o-line didn't look as strong last night, but Andre Smith is the best linemen out there, he was blowing guys up. I won't worry yet give them time to gel.

Only got to listen to the game. Will watch the replay on NFL network. I will reserve comments that require visual confirmation till then.

However, it was nice to hear Lapham's remarks about the team progress and its strengths and weaknesses. He calls it like it is.

Only got to listen to the game. Will watch the replay on NFL network. I will reserve comments that require visual confirmation till then.

However, it was nice to hear Lapham's remarks about the team progress and its strengths and weaknesses. He calls it like it is.

I listen to Lap every week for games. He does tell it like it is which makes him great to listen too