Reds vs. Indians

ArmyBengal

My god, Chapman is like a fragile teenage girl. He struggles for days when things don't go his way. More than that, he needs to get a second pitch. As of right now, he's actually a liability. Strange to say when 2 weeks ago he had a 0.00 ERA.

It is obvious that Chapman is not a closer, it is time to put Marshall back in that spot and start shopping for a vet closer. Chapman just cant put a bad outing behind him fast enough to be a closer.

Agreed with Chapman needing to put things behind him. He looks lost out there when he doesn't get a strike call and if he doesn't come back to get the hitter, issuing a walk, Dusty should go ahead and pull him. You could see it last night. I even mentioned to my wife when we were watching the game that Chapman looked like he was having control issues and would blow the game.

Unlike the night before where the pitchers sucked, this game was actually very fun to watch.

Wish we would have come out on the other end, but today is another day.

Lets get a win today...

COB, feelin' better brother ??

Yep, but sorry it is at the expense of my Bengalszone friends. It is not false modesty to say that the Reds are the better team, top to bottom. The tribe has one very good quality - they win close games. Their closer, Perez, has a lot to do with that as he is really effective, and they have some veterans who are clutch hitters. But if you compare their lineups, the Reds are better.

Yep, but sorry it is at the expense of my Bengalszone friends. It is not false modesty to say that the Reds are the better team, top to bottom. The tribe has one very good quality - they win close games. Their closer, Perez, has a lot to do with that as he is really effective, and they have some veterans who are clutch hitters. But if you compare their lineups, the Reds are better.

I said it the first series and will say it again now, the Indians are a good team and shouldn't be overlooked.

The past two games have been close and I expect the same in tonights game. I'm just hoping they get one here.

The Reds have to do something with the relievers. None have shown to be much more than average to this point.

Chapman has the ability to be shutdown, as he was to start things off, but sooner or later he needs to get more consistent, develop a short term memory, and for the love of God, get more than one pitch. He's killing me lately.

Go ahead and file me in with the people who still have plenty of faith in Chapman. I'm honestly surprised by the backlash. After over two months of 0.00, of course he was going to have a few tough outings.

Oh, I'm still on board.

I do think there's a failure somewhere along the line (coaching or otherwise), though, that we're still seeing virtually nothing but the fastball. It was annoying enough when he was throwing 99-101, but even worse last night when he's only throwing the ball 96 or so. Any major league player can take that deep.

Oh i'm not saying i'm done with Chapman either, but I don't like what i've seen lately for more than a simple loss.

I don't like his reactions to getting behind in the count, I don't like his reactions to someone getting on base, and I don't like the loss of velocity on his fastball. Like Hoosier said, 96 is good, but it's not dominant. All I want to see him do is shake off the sh*t that is going to happen from time to time and stop carrying it around to the next batter. Give up a hit ?? Fine, get the next guy.

Yes, I still want to see more than a fastball as well. What was he doing in spring training that had people thinking he was going to be a starter in the rotation before Madsen went down for the season ?? Whatever it was, I want to see that, because you can't be expected to be a starter and throw 70+ fastballs in a game.

The last time they sucked like this, Billy started up the next series thread and they righted the ship.

Seeing as how baseball and superstitions seem to go hand in hand, I will let Billy start the next one.

They have a day off today before starting back up with the Twins.

COB is somewhere smiling today !!!