I see a New York/New England Superbowl

Its crazy watching this 49ers team, because i think they are alot like the bengals were this year, of course they are a better team. They run the ball, play good defense, and special teams. So i think this shows, you dont have to be the best passing teams to make it far in this league, you build a good defense which can stop the run, and you dont turn the ball over!!

So for the bengals this year, im hoping they look at this 9ers team and realize they can do what they are doing, just add a couple of pieces! Find a runninng game! Get better on defense, and stop the run consistantly, and add to what you have! Dont turn the ball over, and give what the defense will give you!

One thing that was obvious: all four of these semi finalist teams were very well coached. They knew where they were going on every play, very few if any bone headed mistakes. How often do we see 4 qtrs of our Bengal team playing so soundly?

Who says defense wins championships? The better defenses lost yesterday. Arguably NE has the worst defense in the league. They could get no pressure on Flacco all day. Their tackling was horrible as well. When you can't get pressure on the QB and the Ravens were gashing NE in the running game in the 2nd half, it's amazing NE came out on top

Who says defense wins championships? The better defenses lost yesterday.

No one played better defense than the Giants did down the stretch. In their last 5 games, they've allowed only 318 yards/game (would have ranked 8th in the NFL during the regular season), have allowed only 13 points/game (would have ranked #1 in the NFL during the regular season), and and have forced 11 turnovers (2.2 turnovers/game would have ranked 3rd in the NFL).

But that's not the real reason the Giants are going to the Super Bowl. The reason is not because of either their defense or their offense. It's because they are the most complete team.

The Patriots, Packers, and Saints all have amazing offenses, but terrible defenses. The Ravens, 49ers, and Texans all had great defenses, but anemic offenses. The Giants are simply solid across the board.

Neither offense nor defense wins championships. Teams win championships... and the Giants will win the Super Bowl because they are the most complete team, and happen to be peaking at the right time.

No one played better defense than the Giants did down the stretch. In their last 5 games, they've allowed only 318 yards/game (would have ranked 8th in the NFL during the regular season), have allowed only 13 points/game (would have ranked #1 in the NFL during the regular season), and and have forced 11 turnovers (2.2 turnovers/game would have ranked 3rd in the NFL).

But that's not the real reason the Giants are going to the Super Bowl. The reason is not because of either their defense or their offense. It's because they are the most complete team.

The Patriots, Packers, and Saints all have amazing offenses, but terrible defenses. The Ravens, 49ers, and Texans all had great defenses, but anemic offenses. The Giants are simply solid across the board.

Neither offense nor defense wins championships. Teams win championships... and the Giants will win the Super Bowl because they are the most complete team, and happen to be peaking at the right time.

Very well said!

I disagree with your first line but agree with your bottomline. The 49ers played better defense than the Giants did Sunday. Just look at the beating Eli endured but they didn't win because of other phases of the game, namely special teams. So my point continues: so much for the theory that defense wins championships...

So who do you like in the Super Bowl ??

I can't say as I really care who wins the game, but I will certainly be watching.

I think the Patriots will be playing for the late Mrs. Kraft and be motivated by that, but I also think the Giants are an all around better team that found it's groove at exactly the right time. If nothing else it should be an entertaining game to watch. If not, there are always the commercials !!!

Giants- 27

Patriots- 20

This game is about match-ups... and in my opinion, the Giants have the upper hand.

Elite QBs don't look so elite when you put pressure on them. Tom Brady's passer rating this season was 105.6... but in two games vs the Giants and the Ravens (both tied for 3rd in the NFL in sacks this year), his passer rating was 67.8. Considering Gronk is going to be less than 100%... I don't like Brady's chances of looking elite.

Then on the other side of the ball, people have been talking about how the Patriots pass defense has played better lately... but it's been against Tim Tebow and Joe Flacco. The Patriots secondary will be outclassed by Eli Manning throwing to Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham.

I just don't think the match-ups favor New England in this one. The Giants beat them @ Foxboro earlier this year in a game that Hakeem Nicks didn't even play.

I'm not predicting a final score... but I think the Giants win by 9 or more.

This game is about match-ups... and in my opinion, the Giants have the upper hand.

Elite QBs don't look so elite when you put pressure on them. Tom Brady's passer rating this season was 105.6... but in two games vs the Giants and the Ravens (both tied for 3rd in the NFL in sacks this year), his passer rating was 67.8. Considering Gronk is going to be less than 100%... I don't like Brady's chances of looking elite.

Then on the other side of the ball, people have been talking about how the Patriots pass defense has played better lately... but it's been against Tim Tebow and Joe Flacco. The Patriots secondary will be outclassed by Eli Manning throwing to Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham.

I just don't think the match-ups favor New England in this one. The Giants beat them @ Foxboro earlier this year in a game that Hakeem Nicks didn't even play.

I'm not predicting a final score... but I think the Giants win by 9 or more.

Madden 12/EA Sports is also predicting a New York win.

http://cincinnati.co...d-at-media-day/

Ocho at Super Bowl Media Day. Interesting that he didn't actually have one of the preassigned player stations this year.

When asked how he now looks back on 10 seasons in Cincinnati, Ochocinco said during Super Bowl media day: “Really good, really good. Mike Brown, who said he liked me and gave me a whole new life drafting me. Marvin Lewis was my coach over a long period of time. That’s the person I confide in over a long period of time. Everything about that organization, that city, it was made me what I am today. The fans were awesome. Coach Lewis (was) like a dad.”

What a bunch of crap. Do they have to declare their gameday 45 for the Super Bowl? Why not give the guy a chance of a lifetime especially if he's been with the team for most or all of the year. Questionable move.

I think all of the practice squad guys should be active for this game. I doubt it will give either team any advantage but it's a payoff for the players. They'd probably have to pay the guys one game wage at the NFL minimum but I am sure they could work that out.

nice, pats just give me another reason to hate them, they release a player ONE DAY before superbowl. wow what a classless f**kers.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/04/ocho-active-patriots-release-underwood/

They're not going to win anyway. Why they are favored in this game is beyond me! The Giants already whipped the Pats once this year, and they're the underdogs on Sunday. This is classic manipulation of the odds by the bookies.

Oh good Lord. Can I call 'em or WHAT!?! B)

i personal know for sure i wont watch that superbowl because there is nothing excite about it. BORING

Don't give me that s**t Dimster. In two weeks you'll be watching the game like everyone else.

Giants over the Pats 23-17.

Well I missed the final score by 2 points. I know me some pro football! B)

i personal know for sure i wont watch that superbowl because there is nothing excite about it. BORING

Don't give me that s**t Dimster. In two weeks you'll be watching the game like everyone else.

well i was kind of true to my word, i didnt watch the game at all, was watching my tv show dvds but i did have nfl.com up on my cpu just to know the score. if giant did made it on that 2 point attempt, u would be perfect lol

Nice job Billy

Thanks vol. I didn't hit 'em all out of the park this season. I was harsh on the Bengals. I stupidly gave them no more than a chance at a two win season. Andy Dalton and A.J. Green proved me wrong. Long may it continue.

well i was kind of true to my word, i didnt watch the game at all, was watching my tv show dvds but i did have nfl.com up on my cpu just to know the score. if giant did made it on that 2 point attempt, u would be perfect lol

C'mon Dimster. Nobody is perfect.

it will be ravens vs 49ers

We shall see my friend. I'm sticking with my bet.

reason i pick this way

last 8 years afc team for super bowl is patriots, colts, steelers. i want something different

last 10 years nfc team for super bowl is 10 different teams, if 49ers win, it will made it 11 different teams in 11 years, will this continued for another 5 more year? lol

guess same boring s**t from afc.

Well at least New England doesn't choke on chip shots.

what point of your comment?? u mean u rather see same 3 team in super bowl for afc for 9 years as long those team dont choke on chip shots?

I just hate the Ravens Dimster. I really don't like them at all. As far as New England, no way they win against the 'Niners or Giants.

Bingo.