Wildcard GAME THREAD

Scottishbengal

and gets replaced by whom ????

There are plenty of assistants in the NFL more worthy of giving the opportunity to than sticking with Marvin "0-3 in 3 playoffs out of 9 seasons" Lewis. Up until today I would have said Mike Zimmer, now i'm not so sure about that one.

Yes please its time to say goodbye to Zimmer, he has been great but his defenses always suck at the end of the year and im sick of it. They cant tackle, they cant cover, they flat out suck! Every year his defesnes start out good and at they end they suck, so wont be heart broken to see him go.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalton has a bunch to improve on.

He'll have offseason and training camp next year im sure he will.

Yes please its time to say goodbye to Zimmer, he has been great but his defenses always suck at the end of the year

Im not rdy give up on zimmer,You lose Joseph in FA you lose Hall half way to injury and you only have trash at safety acourse team is gonna have bad secondary...

Why is there no mention of the Defensive Line? This unit is supposed to be a strength of the team

and was mostly a non-factor.

Another no-show by Gresham too. He tended to disappear in college at Oklahoma during the big games. Disappointing!

Marvin always seems like kind of a Sad Sack when shown on the sideline. I'd be curious to see his success percentage

on challenges. Does he freelance on the challenge calls or is he getting advice from the booth? He seems to have made

a lot of very questionable challenge calls over the years.

Also I think the team gave up after losing the lead. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come in the coming years.

I agree that the coordinators probably cost themselves any hope of leaving with a big payday after this debacle.

Lastly, why the apparent love affair between Dungy and Marvin? Affirmative action related?

This loss was bad worse then the Jets i really thought this was a game they had a chance in finally, wow i was wrong it wasnt even close.

I just hope this dosnt hinder the guys in the locker room its still a bunch of young guys that need to stick toghter for next year, so i hope they dont take it too too bad where there are fights like in 05-06 season.

, so i hope they dont take it too too bad where there are fights like in 05-06 season.

I bet if someone throws a punch at Crocker he'll drop it !

The teams play tonight is making it hard to like them. Basically quit after the missed Crocker INT. When does this change? That's a legitimate question. More talent, better work ethic? When does it end? If we draft well and get better players does the choking stop?

So so so frustrated. Last playoff win I was 14 years old. f**k.

The choking will stop when the giggling buffoon is no longer on the sidelines.

Marvin needs to take a walk but no coach will succeed until they fix the secondary, the o-line and the running game.

Lots of work to do.

your correct . the o-line and secondary are a huge part of the reason we lost. living , cook, willams and his back up garbage. crocker, jones jobless if this team has any brains, they flat out suck!

Dalton has a bunch to improve on.

He'll have offseason and training camp next year im sure he will.

Yes please its time to say goodbye to Zimmer, he has been great but his defenses always suck at the end of the year

Im not rdy give up on zimmer,You lose Joseph in FA you lose Hall half way to injury and you only have trash at safety acourse team is gonna have bad secondary...

Im talking his front 7 was still there, they came in knowing they had to stop the run just the the other week, and they couldnt do it at all. Guys once again are missing tackles, cant get off blocks, in the wrong spot, cant get a turnover, or i should say let one slip by. Im sorry i like Zim but his defense always falls flat in the end they have for a couple years now, go back to the 09 playoff game same thing, im just tired of it now

Im talking his front 7 was still there, they came in knowing they had to stop the run just the the other week, and they couldnt do it at all. Guys once again are missing tackles, cant get off blocks, in the wrong spot, cant get a turnover, or i should say let one slip by. Im sorry i like Zim but his defense always falls flat in the end they have for a couple years now, go back to the 09 playoff game same thing, im just tired of it now

At this point? Go get a new HC and beg Spagnuolo to come here to be DC. Hell promote Zimmer if need be then bring Spags in to run the D.

I'd be curious to see his success percentage on challenges. Does he freelance on the challenge calls or is he getting advice from the booth? He seems to have made a lot of very questionable challenge calls over the years.

I seem to recall the on-screen graphic claimed about 40% lifetime for him. I don't know if he's better/worse than other coaches in terms of getting it right - I think that's a lot of luck - but he seems to challenge a lot of calls in stupid situations. Did that today too. In this case, the first one just wasn't worth wasting a challenge, and both were clearly NOT in the Bengals favor.

Marvin's definitely reached his career potential. This is who he is. If I were him, I'd have his wife start playing bridge with Mikey's old lady, that strategy saved Bratkowski's job for a few years.

, so i hope they dont take it too too bad where there are fights like in 05-06 season.

I bet if someone throws a punch at Crocker he'll drop it !

Lol. Can't give up the pick six and Crockers drop was a killer. Once again you can't trade FG attempts for TDs.

But I'll take it all the same. I hope Gruden and the players learn from this and use it as motivation heading into next season.

Rough Loss. Several plays stand out to me that have been typical of this team all year and are typical of Marvin's teams.

The pick off late in the game that really sealed it. We went to the well just one too many times Our offense lacks creativity and the Texans were prepared for everything we tried on them. How many times do we score first and then disappear as teams adjust and we don't? When things are not going great we tend to just try to throw deep to AJ Green. Things will need to change for next year.

The run by Foster where Crocker displayed the worst tackling I have ever seen. Our teams always lack fundamentals, we don't do the little things to win. No way that type of play happens to a championship team. Everyone just seemed to stop on the play assuming he was out of bounds.

The interception by Watt for the TD. Not a great play by Dalton by any means but it was a great play by Watt and that stuff tends to happen. What the worst thing was is that after that play I had the feeling the team just gave up like they did not all year. It felt like last year under Carson. "Here we go again...this one is over."

With all that said we have so much to build off this team will be great next year. Just need to work on fundamentals and discipline and trying to dictate things on offense and defense instead of just letting everything happen to them.

Rough Loss. Several plays stand out to me that have been typical of this team all year and are typical of Marvin's teams.

The pick off late in the game that really sealed it. We went to the well just one too many times Our offense lacks creativity and the Texans were prepared for everything we tried on them. How many times do we score first and then disappear as teams adjust and we don't? When things are not going great we tend to just try to throw deep to AJ Green. Things will need to change for next year.

The run by Foster where Crocker displayed the worst tackling I have ever seen. Our teams always lack fundamentals, we don't do the little things to win. No way that type of play happens to a championship team. Everyone just seemed to stop on the play assuming he was out of bounds.

The interception by Watt for the TD. Not a great play by Dalton by any means but it was a great play by Watt and that stuff tends to happen. What the worst thing was is that after that play I had the feeling the team just gave up like they did not all year. It felt like last year under Carson. "Here we go again...this one is over."

With all that said we have so much to build off this team will be great next year. Just need to work on fundamentals and discipline and trying to dictate things on offense and defense instead of just letting everything happen to them.

I agree there is alot to build off of here, but fundamentals and discipline, are whats wrong with this team year in and year out, and its getting annoying! I never expected them to get this far, but when they did i guess i got greedy and wanted more.

Written by Hobson and on the Bengals website:

Watt leaped in front of right guard Mike McGlynn, who was as surprised as anybody.

"About all you can say is it was a good play on his part," McGlynn said.

McGlynn did what he was supposed to do and kept Watt away from the quarterback.

"By the time I realized he caught it it was too late," McGlynn said.

----------------------

DEAD WRONG ANALYSIS by Hobson. McGlynn should have maintained contact w/ Watt throughout the play with a screen pass called.

By allowing Watt to jump unmolested, McGlynn allowed this play to happen and he needs to realize this was bad technique

on his part instead of Oh well, I did everything I could have done.

I am having a real hard time feeling "good" about the upside of the season when Marvin Lewis and is pathetic game management approach will still be steering this team next year. He SUX SUX SUX.

Good God, the man cannot coach a football game. He may be a good motivator and builder of the team but he cannot coach the game. I've realized he is a coordinator, not a head coach. He is maybe the worst coach in the NFL.

I am having a real hard time feeling "good" about the upside of the season when Marvin Lewis and is pathetic game management approach will still be steering this team next year. He SUX SUX SUX.

Good God, the man cannot coach a football game. He may be a good motivator and builder of the team but he cannot coach the game. I've realized he is a coordinator, not a head coach. He is maybe the worst coach in the NFL.

I think we realized this along time ago, and i mean years ago! I have not seen this team play a complete game for 4 quarters, i think the last time they did was in 09 against the Bears. Good teams can over come mistakes, this team cant. They never came back after that pick 6, they were still in the game, but they allowed that play to dictate the game, and that just cant be.

i think marvin had one bad challenge, i thought bensons spot was an ok challenge but the 2nd was just a waste maybe an emotional challenege idk...defense needs work. It sucks to lose to a crappy texans team, but we really needed a higher pick anyways, this team just aint ready and i think the playoff appearance might have bruised some egos.

i think marvin had one bad challenge, i thought bensons spot was an ok challenge but the 2nd was just a waste maybe an emotional challenege idk...defense needs work. It sucks to lose to a crappy texans team, but we really needed a higher pick anyways, this team just aint ready and i think the playoff appearance might have bruised some egos.

In some ways yes i dont think they were ready, and this was just a tease LOL. They are a young team, and they got the experience so i hope this motivates them next year to make it again, but this time win.

They were both dumb ass challenges. You only get two of them so you can't go wasting them. Who gives a crap if you're 3rd and inches on your own 30 in the first qtr? There's nothing critical about anything there. Since you have a 3rd down there's no change of possession nor are you in scoring range. As it was, we had no way to challenge for over half the game. As a coach you can't let that happen. I keep thinking Marvin will improve on these situations but it just ain't happenin'.