Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh GAME THREAD

Scottishbengal

Yep i think the bengals playoff run ended today, i thought they needed to win today to actully make it. Sucks, but with the way the defense is playing right now, and the injuries this is just not the same team as in the begining of the year. I was hoping like hell that they could keep it up, but its not looking like it. Marvins teams just dont know how to finish the year, its been like this for along time now....oh well the future is bright, and we have ourselves draft picks.

There are still games to be played. The Bengals still can grab a wild card spot. Hope burns eternal in me.

I hope so Billy, and i hope alot was learned from todays game.

I just hope Dalton is ok, they were saying he hurt his hip!

The offense is not what really worries me though its the defense. They have been getting worse it seems every week, not just with injuries, but with there lack of tackling, and there disapline. Its just been horrilbe, and they need to fix it big time.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

next week is now a needed game - a loss and that would be 1-4 in the past 5. 6-2 to 7-6. not much improvement

and now tebow going to win

worst week ever - 1of 5 teams i wanted to lose lost and we got crushed

palmer even pulled 170 yards and 2 tds out of his butt in the last quarter

Whats up with Marvin Lewis team falling flat at the end of the year, always happens!!!!

what happens with oakland? they now are at 7-5, do they own a tie breaker over us?

we wont own any tie breakers - we have lost 4 in the AFC already. Also havent beaten any teams over 0.500 except for tennessee.

Next week is a must win if we want into the playoffs. 3-1 at the least. That means beating a ravens or the texans.

I really dont see it, but we will see how the coaching staff can salvage anything out of this loss.

It must really suck when you know you got out hustled, outmuscled, and out smarted like they did today.

what happens with oakland? they now are at 7-5, do they own a tie breaker over us?

Denver currently has the tie-breaker over Oakland, so Denver is winning the West at present (and given their remaining schedule, it's very possible it stays that way).

Cincy currently has a half game lead in conference record over Oakland and the Jets, so the Bengals really needs wins against Houston and Baltimore.

Oakland also has to play GB and Detriot the next two weeks, so the Jets are the team that poses the greatest threat imo.

we still control our own destiny. it's simple win were in! every1 but tenn has 5 conf loses we only have 4. even if all the teams win out, we still have the tie breaker!

It can't be that simple can it? I'm in the middle of a huge cookout, and don't feel like checking.

This loss hurt. Very hard to beat the Steelers, much harder when you beat yourself and have to overcome officiating mistakes and lapses. (There is no way a flag is not thrown if the Bengals returned that punt for a touchdown). It's not why they lost - but it was just another part of a very bad day.

Still in the hunt for the playoffs and who would not have taken that after the first pre-season game at Detroit? They still control their own destiny - win and your in. Either way, the organization is making strides, imo.

Somebody tell me where the heck Simpson and Caldwell were today?? I mean they need more then just Green and Gresham out there. Oh well put this loss behind, they need to win out to get where they want. I just hope that they learn alot after today, it was one of the worst losses i have seen in awhile. I hope coaches get into these players, and next week they come out fired up!!

Man it just went down hill so fast, look how awsome that 1st quarter started, just makes you wonder what if they scored how things would have turned out. First time all year that mistakes took everything out of the bengals sail.

no breaks today from the football gods except the Raiders losing

I dont doubt the league will apologize for the non-call on block in the back on the punt return, but we lose big even with that called back, so no biggie really.

We're a team on the rise, but I just dont think we have the depth right now to overcome the injuries to key/star defenders and the continued weakness of our OL. Gimme a lineman, x2

Please extend the contracts of Thomas Howard and Manny Lawson before the season ends.....

I understand why Collins was playing ORT but not why he was playing DT.......yes, Sims is out, but you can still rotate Geno, Peko and Fanene. I have always hated Rucker but he can play DT as well.

any word on the extent of injuries to Red and the Flesh Zeppelin?

Where are we now with injuries?

Clements is probably out next week per Lapham. That leaves us with Jennings as a starter again.

Sims is in doubt. Key to stopping the run. Here comes Foster and Ben Tate.

A. Smith has a sprained ankle according to Reedy.

Dunlap remains a question for next week.

Man, it is looking uglier and uglier. Trying to remain positive but damn, is it getter harder.

we still control our own destiny. it's simple win were in! every1 but tenn has 5 conf loses we only have 4. even if all the teams win out, we still have the tie breaker!

It can't be that simple can it? I'm in the middle of a huge cookout, and don't feel like checking.

don't worry billy i checked, it really is .