R.I.P. Al Davis at age 82

Breaking news at PFT. This must have happened suddenly because there was nothing leading up to today.

On Davis’s watch, the Raiders won Super Bowls XI, XV and XVIII. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1992 and is the only person to serve as a personnel assistant, scout, assistant coach, head coach, general manager, commissioner and team owner.

Just goes to show that no matter how much people grow to hate you, they look back on you fondly after you pass, but there is good reason to here.

RIP Al Davis...

Moving on, will Mike Brown garner the same respect ??

Something tells me otherwise as I recall posts about dancing or pissing on his gravesite.

Maybe it was dancing AND pissing on his gravesite. It's gets confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just goes to show that no matter how much people grow to hate you, they look back on you fondly after you pass, but there is good reason to here.

RIP Al Davis...

Moving on, will Mike Brown garner the same respect ??

Something tells me otherwise as I recall posts about dancing or pissing on his gravesite.

Maybe it was dancing AND pissing on his gravesite. It's gets confusing.

Had plenty of time to listen to the NFL station .... had the same thought about how you can improve your favorability rating .. IQ ... etc etc .. just by kicking off.

Everybody .. and I mean everybody LOVED Al ... I did notice tho that of all the phone calls .. interviews... the one that was conspicuously absent was Marcus Allen. Guess he hasn't felt the love yet .. or really learned the lesson he got from Al by riding the bench .. not being allowed to play ... be released .. or traded. Tough Love does take a while to sink in I guess.