Pacman Jones thread

AGrizzlyBaer

• 5 weeks later...

Hobson writes today that it's looking like Pacman will start the season on PUP.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Jones-braced-for-PUP-Sims-returns/9640de2f-3487-4f04-a078-193bea855e27

Figured this was going to happen! Im hoping they are looking for another CB, i know Morgan Trent has looked pretty good so this preseason, but Kelvn Hayden is still availble they should try to get him. Still think they should get some kind of vet help and Hayden has had success in this league so why not.

It is good news as far as I'm concerned.

I was worried that MB might think that PacMan would be a good plan B if Joseph leaves. Plan B needs to be a lot more reliable than PacMan... so thanks buddy, for confirming the obvious.

This.

I've defended plenty of character risks but I've never been able to muster an support for Pacman being a Bengal. It's just a bridge too far...a journey too far....a hill to high for me to bother climbing. And truth be told, now that he's dinged up I want him in stripes even less.

Since we're bumping old threads I'm going to bump what I wrote earlier.

Needs be damned, I still don't want the guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Adam Jones said that the doctors have cleared him to play. So i guess when he comes back that will be 4 first round cornerbacks out there.

I think the Bengals get 3 weeks from the time they take him off PuP and put him on the roster. They will probably take the full 3 weeks to get him in football shape again. When they do put him on the active roster I am not sure who they will cut but maybe a lineman that they think they can sneak back onto the practice squad? Otis?

Adam Jones said that the doctors have cleared him to play. So i guess when he comes back that will be 4 first round cornerbacks out there.

I think the Bengals get 3 weeks from the time they take him off PuP and put him on the roster. They will probably take the full 3 weeks to get him in football shape again. When they do put him on the active roster I am not sure who they will cut but maybe a lineman that they think they can sneak back onto the practice squad? Otis?

By that time, I would bet that some player will have been put on IR and a scrub called up that can be sent back dwon to the PS.

Isn't the rule that someone coming off the PUP is eligible for the active roster after week 6? I think he can practice with the team starting next week.

Isn't the rule that someone coming off the PUP is eligible for the active roster after week 6? I think he can practice with the team starting next week.

They said he has been practicing on the side, so my guess is he soon practices with the team.

A player who begins the regular season on the PUP list must sit out his team's first six games. After that point, a team has three weeks to start having the player practice; once the player begins practicing, the team has another three weeks to put the player on the active roster. If the player is not activated by that time, or if he does not begin practicing within that three week window, he must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.[1]

PuP rule

So Jones can't even practice with the team until week 6. So he can get in football shape on the side with a trainer, just not take part in full practices. With this being said I doubt the Bengals take the extra 6 weeks to decide to put him on the active roster, They'll have him ready by the 7th game since week 7 is the bye week. That will give him plenty of time to be up to speed. Does he take back the punt return job from Tate when he comes back?

I'm very ready to see Adam Jones gone. That last late-night dustup in tha club was just it. Enough already.

After awhile guys just get this reputation and fans hear about it more than they do what the player does on the field. If you were to go up to some people that live in Cincinnati and ask them about Pac Man Jones I guarantee some of them will say,. "That guy that plays for the Bengals that gets in trouble a lot?" They won't know what position he plays, his number, or even what college he went to, but they know his arrest record. This is why some players continue to get in trouble off the field. You get some fans that think they can punk out this tough, troublemaking, NFL player, and then the NFL player with the bad reputation takes the blame for the entire incident. This kind of stuff used to happen to Charles Barkley all the time. On top of trying to punk the professional athlete out, there are fans that try to start trouble for monetary reason. It's almost a lose/lose situation for the professional athlete. That's why a lot of the big time athletes won't even go to 'regular guy' kinds of places.

Did anyone hear about the Arab Prince that is one of the top 30 richest guys in the world? He is accused of raping a woman on a boat docked off of Italy. Did he do it or just another woman trying to make some serious $$$? It's a crazy world.

It is good news as far as I'm concerned.

I was worried that MB might think that PacMan would be a good plan B if Joseph leaves. Plan B needs to be a lot more reliable than PacMan... so thanks buddy, for confirming the obvious.

This.

I've defended plenty of character risks but I've never been able to muster an support for Pacman being a Bengal. It's just a bridge too far...a journey too far....a hill to high for me to bother climbing. And truth be told, now that he's dinged up I want him in stripes even less.

Since we're bumping old threads I'm going to bump what I wrote earlier.

Needs be damned, I still don't want the guy.

Bump