Bye bye Mike Sheppard...

ArmyBengal

WTF...dropping like flies! I've been lukewarm to him anyway. I always felt that Chad never really had any use or respect for him once Hue Jackson left. At least HJ could keep Chad reigned in. All of the lunacy seemed to happen after he left.

Get someone that is a good teacher for the younger guys. I'm not really sure who is out there.

This is a great move, Sheppard gets to coach QBs again, and the Bengals get rid of a bad WR coach. Now it sounds like Gruden will get to pick his own WR coach. Just wonder who he will choose

I feel he's just moving from one train wreck to another.

I feel he's just moving from one train wreck to another.

Ain't that the truth. I have to view it as a plus though, since it seems like this will allow Gruden to bring in at least one of his guys.

Sounds like they might have someone on the radar that fits that description.
/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-eye-new-WR-coach/279101c1-a835-4d39-a89e-22d75b61d45c

One name to keep in mind is Redskins offensive quality control coach Sean McVay. McVay worked under Gruden in the UFL for Florida and Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett gave him a glowing report last week as "a brilliant young coach on the fast track," while talking about Gruden's hire. Haslett took McVay to Washington last season when he went to the Redskins and was replaced as Florida head coach by Gruden.

McVay broke into the NFL on Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden's last staff in 2008, where he worked with Jay Gruden. When both went to the UFL in 2009, McVay coached tight ends and Jay Gruden was the offensive coordinator for that undefeated Florida club.

McVay also has local ties. He played wide receiver at Miami of Ohio from 2004-07 and in his last season was named Miami’s Scholar-Athlete.